BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Aereo Calafia issues booking online?
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2014 at 11:27 AM
Aereo Calafia issues booking online?

Looking at a flight from Loreto to TJ on Aereo Calafia and we have no experience with the airline. Last year there were Nomad posts that mentioned difficulty with making online reservations on their website, and another post said they made a reservation online but got to the airport and there was no record of it.

Any recent experiences making reservations with the airline or other tips?
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2014 at 11:52 AM

It used to be difficult to book tickets online but they changed their website about 6 months ago and I haven't had a problem ever since. I have been flying down to Loreto from TJ about once/month since March and haven't ever had a problem. Flights have sometimes been a bit delayed but otherwise very smooth. Sure beats driving and the fares are a fraction of flying Alaska out of LAX.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 10-10-2014 at 04:03 PM

The one time I flew them everything went smooth and if the occasion came up, I would fly them again.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2014 at 06:33 AM

Thanks you guys!
lenstewart

[*] posted on 10-30-2014 at 06:08 AM

Picking this discussion up again a few weeks later. Need to make reservations online LTO to TJ. Before I get too far into the online transaction, I wonder if my US Visa cards will work? Any tricks I need to know before I give it a try? Will I get confirmation email, or should I call the ticket office later and ask to them to verify that my reservations are in the system. THANKS
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2014 at 06:45 AM

Your US credit cards will work and once you have made your reservation you'll receive an immediate confirmation which you can print (just like any US airline). You'll also receive an e-mail within about 10 minutes. I always write down my confirmation code just in case. No need to call the ticket office.
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2014 at 12:28 PM

Depends on the bank that your credit card is with. It's a pain to go through the whole reso process just to get kicked out at the end.... My B of A card doesn't work, even though I called them beforehand to inform them that I was making an out of country purchase, and they said OK no problem. My Chase card has a notice that pops up at the end of the reso process that says " call this number". You call and get an agent and they OK it. My wife's credit union credit card goes right thru. Depends.........
lenstewart

[*] posted on 10-30-2014 at 07:13 PM

Gracias all for the coaching! Sounds like I can handle it. Espero...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.