Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BACK FROM SAN MARTIN ISLAND
LAZARO1956

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 03:48 PM
BACK FROM SAN MARTIN ISLAND

FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 7 years of planning and canceling, our wishes became reality, camping and fishing on the island of San Martin Baja with our kids…”Father and Son Trip”

GROUP: Dr Nicholas Gadler, sons Carson and Chase, Bob Keleman and son Grayson all from El Cajon + Tony Marquez and son Luis from Don Eddie’s. We were a group of 3 adults and 5 kids + 2 staff members from Don Eddie’s, Leo and Hector…

We hired Juan Cook and his Parker + Alfredo and his panga for 2 days of fishing who also agreed to spend the night at the Island.

FRIDAY: We arrived at Don Eddie’s in the afternoon, had dinner and stayed the night.

SATURDAY: , after packing our fishing and camping gear, off we went to San Martin Island were we unloaded and took off to fish while the 2 staff members from Don Eddie’s set up camp…

Fishing around the island is fantastic, lots of Calicos and other bottom fish, at certain times of the year, “Yellow Tail Heaven” . We stayed close to the island because it was really windy and the seas were very choppy.
Came back to the island around 2 pm, Leo the cook had some sandwiches to help us wait for the feast to come.

For the rest of the afternoon, we went exploring the island, fished for more calicos off the rocks, went to see the Seals and also sat around the camp enjoying the view and the weather.

DINNER IS SERVED!!!!!Fresh lobster we traded for beer on the Island, fresh fish we caught in the morning, barbecued tri-tip, tortillas, salsa and cold cerveza, finishing the evening with a campfire where the kids roasted marshmallows and exchanged tall tales.

SUNDAY MORNING: Got up early, Leo had some burritos made for us for breakfast, broke camp and headed south of the San Quintin Bay for the Yellows.

The group landed 5 Yellows, limits on rock cod and white fish and a few sheeps head.

Crab stuffed shrimps wrapped in bacon for us and fish burgers for the kids and a good night sleep at Don Eddie’s.

MONDAY MORNING: Breakfast and trip home.

I must say we had an adventure that the kids will remember the rest of their lives.

If an experience like this is something you would like to have, get in touch with Don Eddie’s, doneddie@hotmail.com
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 04:05 PM

Sounds like a special trip!! Great fishing, food and exploring--- perfect!!! Thanks for the report.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 07:51 PM

Bajagringo,
All due respect.... And I understand the rampant trash problem all over mexico.... But a bit out of line in my opinion.
Sounds like a great trip Lazaro!
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tioloco
Bajagringo,
All due respect.... And I understand the rampant trash problem all over mexico.... But a bit out of line in my opinion.
Sounds like a great trip Lazaro!

Sorry Tio and you're right. Just that we have had a HUGE problem lately with people coming on the island, camping and leaving huge trash piles behind to clean up. Everything from beer cans to plastic soda bottles to dirty baby diapers. All the things they don't want to have to haul back with them in the boat.

I could fill a page here with some of the pictures...

[Edited on 10-22-2014 by BajaGringo]
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 09:16 PM

Bajagringo,
Same problem on the beaches on sonora side. People even bag their trash and leave bags on beach as if the trash fairy comes along and picks it up. But the birds and dogs are pretty quick to tear open and spread the contents all over the beach. Mex police are oblivious to this "infraction". Gonna take a generation of education to change this attitude.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 09:18 PM

I guess it is easy to be guilty of a thread hijack! Lol
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 10-22-2014 at 06:10 AM

Thanks for your trip story ! Baja feel good story .... :yes:

:bounce:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 10-22-2014 at 06:11 AM

Yes....!!!

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 10:22 AM

Sounds like a cool trip. Fished near the island a few times. Would love to snorkle over there.

[Edited on 10-23-2014 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
Sounds like a cool trip. Fished near the island a few times. Would love to snorkle over there.

What have you been up to fishbuck?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 02:57 PM

Terrific trip report, LAZARO!

A dream bonding trip that every father dreams about.

And, BTW, welcome to Nomads!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Frigatebird
Nomad

Mood: Soaring

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 04:09 PM

Pictures or it never happened. ;)

Avatar courtesy of Herb :tumble:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frigatebird
Pictures or it never happened. ;)

x2 !! :light::lol::cool:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:

Well... I am up here in Everett WA. I just celebrated 25 years with The Boeing Company.
3 years here in WA. A long way from my fishcamp in San Quintin!

How are you David K?

I do still read Bajanomad Today,,, everyday!

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 05:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:

Well... I am up here in Everett WA. I just celebrated 25 years with The Boeing Company.
3 years here in WA. A long way from my fishcamp in San Quintin!

How are you David K?

I do still read Bajanomad Today,,, everyday!

Great to hear... and I am still above ground and vertical! Glad you have a good job up there in the rainy NW! I hope Boeing gets the new spaceship contract with Space X I think I remember reading about?!

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 06:03 PM

Glad to hear of your good health my friend! Hoping to meet up with you again,,, in Baja!

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 08:08 PM

Hey Bajagringo, how about we plan an island clean up party? I'll buy the beer! You bring the girls!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.