Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: WTF, I don't get it.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cabobaja
Paz n Go on 5 de Febrero in La Paz. Great burgers, fries and cold pacificos. Clean, good
service and great prices.

I'll take you up on the invite:light:

weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 02:37 PM

Excuse me but I would think all this would have been carefully considered before wasting a bunch of time and money on a new venture. I understand an established business going down hill and failing after establishing a good reputation. Palermo has fallen off mucho lately and one of the most outstanding marisco places - El Carrito - right next to Palermo just closed after almost 30 years. They both are failing because of poor service and lower and lower and lower quality and variety. I still can't figure out why someone wasted a bunch of time and money and didn't allow it some time to jell. The atmosphere at The Shack is not for everyone but, at least, they have stuck to their plan. I can't say that of the goofball that started WTF.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 02:41 PM

BTW. We just (4 of us) ate at Paz 'n Go an hour ago. The last time we ate there we were delighted. Today the pan was stale, the burgers were cremated and the service indifferent. Consistency is another big problem here in Baja Sur. We raved about the place and took our friends there today. Today we were embarrassed.

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 02:42 PM

Only on this forum. multitude of posters and posts on how this place should have been managed... food service consultants all.:lol::lol: Give em a break.

oh and their goofballs too.
weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by norte
Only on this forum. multitude of posters and posts on how this place should have been managed... food service consultants all.:lol::lol: Give em a break.

We did give them a break. We even promoted them on this forum. I was asking a generic question about a common problem here. I appreciate ALL the constructive comments by all of you. Hopefully someone thinking of a start up here will take some of the valid points posted here. The collective brainpower of this forum could be invaluable to an investor. It has taken some time but, in time, it will be obvious who's posts you don't need to read.

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 03:18 PM

Quote:

They're :no::saint::P:biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 03:28 PM

Maybe the owners could not afford the protection money extorted by the gangs...

I hear the whales song
Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 03:51 PM

There is a new restaurant here in Todos Santos. I can't even remember the name of it but I thought I would try it out. I went over and the owner and the waiters were all sitting around outside and as I walked up I told them I wanted to check out what they have.

So the waiter came over and handed me a menu which surprised me as I thought they would want me to go inside and sit down. Then the owner said he would give me free flan for dessert. I told him thank you but I really don't care for Flan. Then he said the special was some asparagus thing and I told him I don't like asparagus. Then he recommended something that I had no idea what it was and he explained that it was great and had spinach inside of it. Um, I don't like Spinach, either.

So, I asked if I could have a seat and maybe just drink a beer and make a decision. He said the beer was not cold yet.

I left and went and ate somewhere else.
cabobaja
Nomad

Mood: Smiling

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 03:56 PM

Bajaboy, El Zac, come on down. The invite is open for you, Tracy and the kids. The owner is
a friend. He wanted to name the joint In n Out, but got corporate flack. Then Out n In. Same.
Paz N Go works well. You would be at home there.....cold Pacificos.
cabobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 04:01 PM

Well, i hit post reply and received 4 duplicate post. Must be due to something here in the air
In Todos. Did not even get 4 more posts added to my total of 346. Should it not be 350?
Oh well, I will catch DK and Dennis, but it might not be until 2038.
weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Bajaboy, El Zac, come on down. The invite is open for you, Tracy and the kids. The owner is
a friend. He wanted to name the joint In n Out, but got corporate flack. Then Out n In. Same.
Paz N Go works well. You would be at home there.....cold Pacificos.

Bajaboy, I appreciate your promoting PNG but Please relay our experience of today. I was wishing there was a way to contact him. Today was our 3rd time there and the food really was not very good. The bread was stale, the meat overcooked (we requested medium rare, as always) and although it's a pickey point the meat on my wife's burger was hanging out one side, like the cook didn't give a chit. The biggest problem was that we were introducing our friends to the place. They will not hurry back. Thanks!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Well, i hit post reply and received 4 duplicate post. Must be due to something here in the air
In Todos. Did not even get 4 more posts added to my total of 346. Should it not be 350?

If it gets too scary seeing so many posts... you can click on Edit, Delete, Delete Post... and poof, the extra posts are gone! Or, wait until Doug gets on and deletes them for you!! ;)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:

If it gets too scary seeing so many posts... you can click on Edit, Delete, Delete Post... and poof, the extra posts are gone! Or, wait until Doug gets on and deletes them for you!! ;)

I assumed he wanted to make the point that I should come on down for a burger...maybe in January:light:

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
what, four and a half bucks with fries and a drink? just sayin.....:yes:

Just sayin'

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

cabobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 01:48 PM

Thanks DK...., looks like Doug delelted the extra post. Thanks Doug!

Zac, really? Will we see the family in January? Hope so!,
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 02:26 PM

I saw the Paz n Go last spring and loved the name.

In Memory of E-57
danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 02:33 PM

I don't get it either, because KoiSushi which is next door to WTF just closed a couple of weeks ago too. I wonder if the closings are related?

Speaking of WTF, here's another foodie article on Tijuana:

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2014/oct/22/blog-diego-wt...

[Edited on 10-24-2014 by danaeb]

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by weebray
..... and although it's a pickey point the meat on my wife's burger was hanging out one side, like the cook didn't give a chit. ....

Oh.....the horror....the horror :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4

Your other criticisms are salient.... :saint:

[Edited on 10-25-2014 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 02:48 PM

Quote:

Really? Only on this forum live people with brains??? None on the other forums? Makes me happy to be on this forum then. :coolup: Inquiring minds want to know.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 05:00 PM

The number one reason that new businesses fail in the states, especially restaurants, is because the owners did not have sufficient money to ride out the period where they were building their clientele. Fundamentally, new businesses can expect to lose money when they open, for quite a while. If they dump all their money up front, they will be toast.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.