Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: UFO sightings in Baja
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 05:53 PM
UFO sightings in Baja

Has anyone seen UFO's in Baja?

I know there will be some tequila references and some THC references, but , aside from the joking, I am curious.

Some sightings around the planet seem quite credible from reputable sources....

Just wondering :?:

Don't believe everything you think....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 06:34 PM

I wish... but only satellites.

What floors me is that now nearly everyone has a cell phone with a built in camera and movie camera, that there aren't nearly the volume of reports like there were in then 60's and 70's???

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 06:42 PM

We saw one from our front porch in Bahia Asuncion. At first we thought it was a very bright satellite, but then it made a couple 90 degree quick turns and also quickly changed speed. And there was no alcohol or other funny substances involved!

Most of our friends down there were not at all surprised or questioned what we saw as most of them say that they have seen UFOs. It seems to be quite common around there. Usually, the night skies around there are very clear.

We don't know what it was, but it was not a star and not a satellite.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 06:52 PM

I have seen Bigfoot in Baja................but never any UFO's.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 06:59 PM

If you look at the sightings in the USA, you will notice that the sightings came from people who lived in the desert area and in mobile homes.

I know that Baja is mostly desert, but there is a clear lack of mobile homes.

So, therefore the sightings in Baja are coming from more credible sources.

Just my humble opinion.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 07:01 PM

one of my fav site Mexico seems to get a lot of action

http://www.latest-ufo-sightings.net/tag/mexico

ufo (Small).jpg - 35kB
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 07:03 PM

there are some good stories about UFO's coming down very close to the fish camp in San Pablo...in daylight! I have also seen them here in Asuncion in the San Pablo area too and Cerro Elefante is said to be a landing plateau...we are not alone!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 07:13 PM

Well, I hope they like Pacifico... I think then we can all get along!:bounce::lol: (Dos Equis, Tecate Light, or most any other Mexican beer is acceptable too!)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 09:33 PM

I once told a dear friend that I saw a ring around Uranus. :o

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 09:42 PM

yes! A friend and I were camped in Bahia Asuncion in 1997 for a week. One night, we were at the old basketball court across from Chemo's hot dogs. It seemed the entire village was there watching the game, socializing, etc. All of the sudden everyone stopped as we noticed a huge white object just to the north of us. My buddy and I had no explanation of the event. Many around us said they had seen this before.

I am not necessarily a believer but then again based on this experience I am open minded. I guess you can call me a liberal:bounce:

bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 10:55 PM

I haven't seen any in the sky over Baja, but then I don't see many stars in the night sky over Tijuana. I flew a helicopter for years with about 2,000 hours of nighttime and never saw anything I couldn't identify or rationalize.
CaboSur
Nomad

Mood: Irrelevant

[*] posted on 10-25-2014 at 07:24 AM

Not in the Baja, too bad but i keep looking. I have seen UFO's in the state of Chihuahua, once about 4PM , they were in a horseshoe formation stationary directly above my head then one by one they sped away in a straight line at a high rate of speed, slightly triangle
shaped. And again once at a lake a bright object came straight
toward me stopped and then sped away.

DISCLAIMER: A few beers were involved but not to the state of
baracho..:rolleyes:
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2014 at 07:43 AM

Maybe the Sonoran wolf has air transport?
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2014 at 07:54 AM

I wanna see em bad. Since the closest star system is 4.5 light years away they have to get up near the speed of light then start slowing down so they won't zip right by us. Then there's that gravity thing. I'm telling you, they will be very special creatures and I sure would like to share some tacos with em.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 10-25-2014 at 09:09 AM

On our way back from a Motorcycle race in Potosi Mo. over the river near Quincy Ill. my boys and I saw one. We stopped and watched it for about 30 minutes as it hovered, cruised up and down the river at a low altitude. Then it rose straight up a good ways and accelerated out of sight....Long time ago,before digital imaging..never forget it....

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 10-25-2014 at 02:02 PM

UFOs, Ged? A very popular sport in Baja.

Lemme tell you about a couple of 'sightings'. It's necessary that they're a little long....as I have nothing else to do this afternoon. Raining cats n' dogs up here.

UNIQUE CELESTIAL EVENT IN MULEGE

Every once in a while, something will appear in the night sky that will attract the attention of even those who normally don’t bother looking up. It was like that on Monday, Dec 1, 2008 in Mulege at La Jungla cantina.

A slender crescent moon, just 15-percent illuminated, appeared in very close proximity to the two brightest planets in our sky, Venus and Jupiter.

People who are unaware and had no advance notice wondered, as they cast a casual glance toward the moon last night, what those two “large silvery stars” could be?

Note: Sometimes, such an occasion brings with it a sudden spike of phone calls to local planetariums, weather offices and even police precincts. Not a few of these calls excitedly inquire about “the UFOs” that are hovering in the vicinity of our natural satellite.

No other star or planet can come close to matching Venus in brilliance. During World War II, aircraft spotters sometimes mistook Venus for an enemy airplane. There were even cases in which Venus drew antiaircraft fire.

A very close conjunction of the crescent moon and a bright star or planet can be an awe-inspiring naked-eye spectacle...plus.....Such favorable circumstances are quite rare for any given location..

So be sure to make the most of this upcoming opportunity. This rare celestial event helps to provide astrological data in discovering the secrets of the universe..

UFOs, Ged?

I can recount some more events.

Can’t count the number of nights we’ve sat outside on the patio watching the night skies in Coyote Bay. Saw plenty of orbiting satellites, some homemade candle lanterns floating across the water, space station views, airliners, meteorites… but no UFO’s. Maybe we need to clue Hollywood to make more ET-type movies?

There seemed to be lots more back in the day….

There was once a flying object holding some fake paper roses that came bouncing across my Jeep’s hood on the way home from Mulege one dark night. But that UFO was later determined to be none other than the notorious 'Sylvia'. Too easy…..At the time she/he could readily be identified by hundreds of Baja Road truckers and beach campers.

Long ago I had a next door neighbor in Coyote Bay who was enthralled with UFOs. She was known as ‘Magee’, a very intelligent lady, being one of the first women to graduate from Colorado School of Mines. A very outspoken woman who captured your heart with her genuine and individualistic attitude. She smoked long cheroots and drank Ron Palmas.

Those were some great early Baja times with Magee. She loved to have me bring her hassenpheffer (rabbit) from my hunts and would put on a feast for us with her husband, Jack. She also loved absolutely anything to do with ETs...Spaceships..Visitations..Sightings….UFOs!

So much so that she had a standing offer out to the many shrimp boats that used to anchor in front of our Coyote Bay houses: "If you have seen any UFO's on the Sea of Cortez, bring that story to me for some dinero and comida."

Well, I ‘d been out on the Cortez on boat-camping trips quite a few times by that time..and, when sober, had never seen a single UFO.. (uhh, well, there was that time with a succubus, but that’s another story)...BUT… after Magee offered that reward, the number of shrimp boat captains who HAD seen UFOs grew alarmingly within just a couple quick seasons. Magee's veranda was never quite empty...always a shrimper here, a panga guy there...telling her about the huge glowing things that inhabit the Cortez nights. :rolleyes:

I know she didn't believe all of those stories...but I also knew she reveled in their telling, and her imagination would take over from there. Good enough and great entertainment...back then we had little communication with the outside world. I used to 'grade' the believability of the stories and would tell Magee over coffee the next morning that the story last night was either a 4..or maybe that rare 10. ;)

1975 We’re having a tasty rabbit dinner with Jack & Magee at their Coyote Bay casa.

Magee giving Manuel Diaz a hug for his best UFO story that day.

An anecdote….

Magee had a great, but slightly 'raw' sense of humor. One Christmas Up North I received a bulky card from her. Opening it I pulled out some folded toilet paper…on which she had written in red lipstick - followed with a red smooch:

"Money's scarce, Times are Hard, Here's Your F___ing Xmas Card."

But then, things were a bit ‘different’ back in the day.

[Edited on 10-25-2014 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 10-25-2014 at 03:00 PM

Great story Pompano:cool:
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 10-25-2014 at 11:16 PM

Although I generally avoid talking about my "incident" from the fear of being labeled as "one of those guys at the mobile home park", I did have a UFO experience in Northern California. One night my wife, two kids, her cousin and her two kids were all sleeping out on our back deck of the house we were building (not a mobile home :lol:). I woke everybody up to watch what I had been watching for about five minutes. A very large, bright light was hovering over an area nearby that would relocate approx. one mile very quickly and then hover again. It moved several times and then went up at a 45 degree angle into the sky and disappeared into the stars within seconds. Being on the Fire Department, I was monitoring my radio for anything might be related to what we were witnessing, helicopters, aircraft, etc. The radio remained fairly silent other than the routine law enforcement traffic. Sometime later, while telling my story to my partner on the ambulance (a Deputy Sheriff), he told me of a similar incident that he experienced while on duty. He called in on his radio to ask dispatch of any reports of anything unusual in his beat, dispatch had nothing, so he kept quite and moved to another area watching, keeping quite and wondering. JH :?:
coolhand
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2014 at 11:36 PM
Vandenburg AFB

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
yes! A friend and I were camped in Bahia Asuncion in 1997 for a week. One night, we were at the old basketball court across from Chemo's hot dogs. It seemed the entire village was there watching the game, socializing, etc. All of the sudden everyone stopped as we noticed a huge white object just to the north of us. My buddy and I had no explanation of the event. Many around us said they had seen this before.

I am not necessarily a believer but then again based on this experience I am open minded. I guess you can call me a liberal:bounce:
coolhand
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2014 at 11:47 PM
Vandenburg AFB

Settle down guys on the UFO's. Your just seeing Vandenberg chit... Especially in the Viscaino Peninsula area. Your in the direct route of satellite launches. And stage 2 rocket discharges as well.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.