Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Thieves and crooked cops
Steve&Debby
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2014 at 09:09 PM
Thieves and crooked cops

Got a call October 20 from my neighbor in Percebu, Some one broke into our house. Headed down to the house. Got to the house found we were missing a Quad, brand new generator, Inverter for the house,cordless drill, cordless impact, and 6 five gallon gas cans.

Went to San Felipe and found out Percebu is in the Ensanada district. Had to go to Valley De Trinidad to talk to the Federallies.

To make a long story short They recovered our Quad ( minus the gas tank),but they wanted $265.00 Dollars for transporting it to Valley De Trinidad.I only had a copy of the title and they wanted the original in Spanish and certified.

The Federally said they caught one of the guys,he tried to drive across the lagoon got stuck and then the tide came in. They took the guy in to interrogate but, he would not talk. They said they took him to an open area and for some reason he spilled the beans and told who his scum bag buddies were. Federallies were waiting for a warrant from the judge then they were going to arrest them.

Two other house were also robbed.The Federallies showed me my the quad they had stolen from one of the other houses, it was completely disassembled. They also stole a dune buggy.
When the pickup got stuck they loaded my generator and my inverter in the buggy and took off through the desert.

When the Federally first spoke to the San Felipe Police, He was told they had the dune buggy with my generator and inverter in it along with some other stuff.He went to San Filipe and the story was that all they had was the dune buggy and nothing in it.

The generator was a Champion Dual Fuel 7000 with 9000 watt surge with only 10 minutes run time on it. The inverter was a Trace 2500 watt.

These three guys need to be planted in the desert :fire::mad:

[Edited on 10-28-2014 by Steve&;Debby]
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2014 at 09:19 PM

That really sucks...sorry for your loss.

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2014 at 09:29 PM

Had our place and a friends place burglarized last summer. Friend had game cameras set up on property and could identify thieves. Pretty sad when cops made it a joke to prosecute. Now, I have bars on windows and ez attitude toward losing "stuff".
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2014 at 09:36 PM

Might be able to buy your stuff back at the closest swap meet:(
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 10-27-2014 at 10:14 PM

I think we will see more and more of this problem....

bajaspuds
Junior Nomad

Mood: dum spiro, spero

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 01:55 PM

... Bad news, especially sorry to hear about the blatant police corruption, disappearing your generator, etc., after it was found. Rateros in uniform. Sucks.

Sadly, there is at least one other new thread going now about getting ripped off in Baja.

... dripping w/ chubasco sauce
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 02:42 PM

we now have a problem here in la bocana too - a well known druggie just got out of prison and stole stuff from our friend Bruce the FIRST NIGHT. He parked his car in front of a neighbor's house and didn't think he had to worry about locking it.

that night a bunch of stuff was taken - gps, satellite radio, cell phone

we made a local police report, we made a report with the new misiterial officers and even went to Vizcaino to formally make a ministerial report.
guy skipped town for a while, tried to peddle the stuff in abreojos and the person called the police there to report Franco was peddling goods.

police followed the shoeprints from Bruce's car straight to Frano's house.

no arrests, nothing is being done! what a waste of time doing all the paperwork.

:mad:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
we now have a problem here in la bocana too - a well known druggie just got out of prison and stole stuff from our friend Bruce the FIRST NIGHT. He parked his car in front of a neighbor's house and didn't think he had to worry about locking it.

we made a local police report, we made a report with the new misiterial officers and even went to Vizcaino to formally make a ministerial report.
guy skipped town for a while, tried to peddle the stuff in abreojos and the person called the police there to report Franco was peddling goods.

no arrests, nothing is being done! what a waste of time doing all the paperwork.

Well, the police probably made Franco share the loot with them.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 04:07 PM

Actually not a waste of time. You managed to keep a bunch of people busy filling out, sorting, copying, stapling, stamping then shredding your paperwork

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 05:04 PM

So there is no full time owners at Percebu there to keep an eye on things (Lopez family)?

Really really bad news, so sorry!!

The division between Mexicali and Ensenada 'counties' (municipalities) is the arroyo next to the Valle de Gigantes cactus site, just south of Punta Estrella. There is (was) a small sign along the highway.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 05:10 PM

David,
Is that area just by those chollo and rocks??????:lol:

Don't believe everything you think....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 05:17 PM

Don't know Ged... ? Valled de los Gigantes, there's a big sign along the highway begging tourists to see some giant cardon cactus... and they mis-name them as saguaros! Anyway, before that place was created... and before the paved new road, we drove past those cactus to get to the beach, and thought nothing much about them... beyond the rest of Baja's beauty... plus I have been south where they are everywhere.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
David,
Is that area just by those chollo and rocks??????:lol:

It's near the Oxxo!

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
Steve&Debby
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 06:07 PM

David, Yes they have a guy that brings water to the houses,he is there 24/7.The owners son was also there and my neighbor was at his house just beside us. He said he herd someone trying to start a dune buggy and thought it was just someone running around and had car problems, figured if they needed help they would knock on his door.

The owners son was the one that called the cops when he went over to check it out. The thieves got the buggy going and drove right by him before he figured out what was going on. I think it is time for an alarm to let people know a bad guy is around.

The owners are thinking about 24 hour security for the Campo. I was told by a mechanic in San Felipe that if I joined a hunting club I could get a permit to bring a gun down. I asked the Federally and he said he would check on it and let me know. He said it would have to be registered with the army and you could not carry it around without a permit each time you move it from your house. He did say if I could it had to be smaller than a 9MM. Anybody know anthing about this?
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 06:14 PM

If you leave it the gun there, well now we have armed bandits. you take it with you, can you imagine the hassle every time you are stopped and cross the border? sounds like better security is in order.
Steve&Debby
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 06:30 PM

Norte, leaving a gun where anyone could find it is not the way a responsible gun owner keeps a gun.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 06:36 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. I had my truck broken into down there and lost a ton of stuff - nothing compared to what you lost though. Never feels good but the sting will go away with time.............

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve&;Debby
Norte, leaving a gun where anyone could find it is not the way a responsible gun owner keeps a gun.

Norte Might have a point here. what good would have the gun been in this awful case...and what if it had been found? A lot of burglars are opportunists and you will never see them.
Steve&Debby
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 07:43 PM

The gun is only for protection when we are there, so far I don't know of a gun I can get that will protect my house when I am not there to pick it up point and shoot.:spingrin::spingrin:
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 08:31 PM

Guns as the solution again??? :(

How much time in a Mexican jail you want to do?

:rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.