Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: BFG TA KO2 now available
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-30-2015 at 05:42 PM

Thanks gnukid, I am not a huge fan of BFG, but the new KOs were supposed to correct the years of poorly made '3-ply' sidewalls???

Can you tell us what kind of truck or SUV you have them on, and what load rating model and pressure (as Ken asked)?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 7-30-2015 at 09:47 PM

[rquote=992814&tid=. .Not trying to say they are a bad skin just bemused by the comments about looks......[/

Ten sets on five toyotas with over 25,000 offroad miles in Baja...one flat! Bemuse all you want, the new ones look cool dirty...... You'll see.:P

DK ..... Don't make me revive the BFG bashing thread! Last time I looked at that thread there were a whopping three sidewall failures reported, yours that you never had included

TT
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 7-30-2015 at 10:19 PM

I think it's an '80s vintage Jeep J Truck or Wagoneer judging by the 5 lug wheel pattern and front bumper. The steel spoke wheels probably contribute to the rough ride. Airing down to ~25# should help.

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 7-31-2015 at 01:38 AM

I just put a set on my chevy 2500 4wd and they are noticeably louder than the previous set of bfg all terains. Maybe because they have less than 100 miles on them? Time will tell. The noise is only noticeable when the radio is off and the windows are up. They are load range E and are at 50 psi because we are constantly pulling a trailer with it.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2015 at 08:19 PM

In the entire northern Sacramento valley there are three of these in my size. Take a week to get a full set.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2015 at 10:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Thanks gnukid, I am not a huge fan of BFG, but the new KOs were supposed to correct the years of poorly made '3-ply' sidewalls???

Can you tell us what kind of truck or SUV you have them on, and what load rating model and pressure (as Ken asked)?

Running a 6000lb vehicle w load c rating at 35lbs avg (13-40) air pressure.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 03:10 AM

I thought these tires were new...???But TTierra sez he has had 10 sets already? With a total of 25000 miles? That's only 2500 miles per set...Whats up with that....?????

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 08:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
I thought these tires were new...???But TTierra sez he has had 10 sets already? With a total of 25000 miles? That's only 2500 miles per set...Whats up with that....?????

These are recent updates to the All-Terrain line-up.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 08:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  

alrighty then......

I heard that new 15 inch sizes are available. I'd love to trade my KM2s for these new treads...

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 08:45 AM

Tire rack shows 5 sizes in 15 inch. I am interested in your KM2s, if you deliver :)

Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 04:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  

Obviously I haven't had ten setss of the brand new BFG....ten sets in twenty something years.. This is the second remake of this tire

And my post reads " 25,000 OFFROAD miles "

TT
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 05:56 PM

Coulda fooled me....I thought this thread was about the new ones...

Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 08:09 PM

DK brought the older BFGs into this thread.
I'm just defending the tire/brand I've had great experiences with, from someone with no experience..simple really, just gotta read the posts better.....

TT
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2015 at 06:18 AM

LIL touchy aint ya? I had a set of those BFG's on my GMC Safari have commented on them several times....You just may NOT be the only person in the world that has used them, hard to believe eh?...Like you said, just gotta read the posts better...try it...

Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2015 at 08:21 AM

I read about you're tricked out momvan...The one with a great set of OLD bfg's that doesn't run..

I was talking about the other aforementioned individual that has 0 experience with the subject, not you.... Me touchy? Nah.. Feely? Yes

TT

[Edited on 8-2-2015 by Tomas Tierra]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2015 at 08:23 AM

Stay away from my girlfriend....

Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2015 at 08:24 AM

Haha... Happily married!

TT
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2015 at 09:20 AM

Its OK, she wont care....

Genecag
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2015 at 12:16 PM

After about 7K on my new KO2, I am impressed on low road noise and traction on pavement. They are much better than stock tires.

Make it a Great Day!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-3-2015 at 12:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tomas Tierra  
DK brought the older BFGs into this thread.
I'm just defending the tire/brand I've had great experiences with, from someone with no experience..simple really, just gotta read the posts better.....

TT

I was addressing the new KO, and I complement BFG for finally addressing a weakness that some of us have witnessed... it's about time. Making things better is good business. Pretending it wasn't a problem because you like a big corporation doesn't help the consumer much.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.