Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Dog Attack in BOLA
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2005 at 04:23 PM
Lightbulbs in hamburger

is a sure cure indeed.
And this is coming from a dog lover, as long as the owners are intelligent enough to own dogs.
Most aren't!
But, that "bola" is sure sounding like my kind of pueblo!:lol:
Condos, ATV's and dog attacks, what could be better?:lol::lol::lol:
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 1-9-2005 at 07:09 PM

Yes, the ground glass in meat is effective. I would however try the Police first. This is a common thing in Mexico and the deal with it very effectively. As Dave stated. The owners probably know this and that is why they are denying responsibility. If you don't get any results from the police, try the ground beef.:saint:
Liz barnes

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 06:49 PM
Dog Attack in BOLA: Update

Information received today from person living in vicinity of the attack. There has been recent contact with the boyfriend of the woman who was attacked. She has had three surgeries todate. She has described the situation following the attack. The male owner of the property, brought her from where the dogs had dragged her onto his property, into his house and locked her in a room, refusing to allow her to leave. She was lying on the floor, kicking on the door and finally the owner's daughter opened the door and she was able to flee. REQUEST: IF ANYONE KNOWS THE NAME OF THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY, THE NAME OF THE BUSINESS HE OWNS IN THE US, WHERE ELSE HE MAY OWN PROPERTY, PLEASE POST. This young woman needs help.

[Edited on 1-15-2005 by Liz barnes]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz barnes
Information received today from person living in vicinity of the attack. There has been recent contact with the boyfriend of the woman who was attacked. She has had three surgeries todate. She has described the situation following the attack. The male owner of the property, brought her from where the dogs had dragged her onto his property, into his house and locked her in a roof, refusing to allow her to leave. She was lying on the floor, kicking on the door and finally the owner's daughter opened the door and she was able to flee. REQUEST: IF ANYONE KNOWS THE NAME OF THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY, THE NAME OF THE BUSINESS HE OWNS IN THE US, WHERE ELSE HE MAY OWN PROPERTY, PLEASE POST. This young woman needs help.

This is really beginning to sound like an Urban Legend!!

Why would he do that, and then leave, so his daughter could free her? Why risk prison? Why am I even taking time to pose these questions?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 09:37 PM
David, I'm beginning to lean in your direction on this

It seems to me that there are sufficient Mexican laws and enforcement agencies to deal with this problem.

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
Liz barnes

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 09:51 PM
Let's be realistic

PLease let's remember that BOLA is a small isolated town. The young woman was badly hurt. Her boyfriend had to get her to Guerro Negro to the hospital and he wasn't worried about reports to police or authorities. We heard that she had been medivaced out to US from Guerro Negro, so no time to involve authorities. Property owner left BOLA, then returned to host New Year's party on property.

Liz barnes

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 09:58 PM

We are just looking to help this couple get enough information to make the Mexican laws work as they should. No one knows the name of the property owner.
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 10:21 PM

I have walked this exact stretch uncountable #s of times as have my younger daughters (often alone). I will be down there in the not too distant future. I assure all, that if the referenced dogs exist an present even remote likeness of what has been shared, Lassie is going to have new company....PERIOD.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2005 at 12:55 AM

OK, I'd like to amend my earlier post:

Shoot the dogs AND the owner.

Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2005 at 08:18 AM
Looks like kidnapping and possibly attemted murder

Might just get and hold the attention of the authorities.

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 1-15-2005 at 08:33 AM

You can find the Owner by going to the county recorders office . or the office where you pay your taxes in your aria.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2005 at 10:26 AM

Why doesn't the boyfriend, assuming the girl can't on her own, get a notarized or certified statement from the girl in spanish and english and take it to the police in BOLA and see what they do or don't do. Then contact a Mexican lawyer. Or contact the lawyer first ands see what he says to do.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2005 at 01:31 PM
Viva los cerros

Justice is swift and very effective. Homeowner locked up the girl. Hmm, wonder what I would do if it was my girlfriend.:?:
Humboldt Chris and Robin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 10:11 AM
they were there on the 3rd

At least one dog was tied behind the house on the third, and we were told by neighbors that they had a deadline to get the dogs out of town (sometime early in the month). We didn't see or hear them while we were there from the 9-12 and my wife walks to the lighthouse every evening with our dogs. We brought pepper spray this time after hearing of this, and have heard that pepper spray is illegal in Mexico. Anyone know the validity of this?

All the zillion dogs we have encountered in Mexico, this is the first I have heard of something like this.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 10:24 AM
I just heard that

it is illegal here in Mexico.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 10:46 AM

If you can't have commercial pepper spray, what would keep you from making up your own just for your walk and put it in a spray bottle? A handful of chile de arbol in water in the blender and strained through a coffee filter makes a pretty potent blend. I know, not as good as the aerosol kind, but better than nothing.
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 02:06 PM

If it is "Hearsay", you should very careful if you start publicizing names, and locations of where someone lives.

Do you know first hand if the "owner" was present at the time this happened"

Do you know first hand if it is his animal?

Do you know first hand the names of any other that might be living there and if the animal belongs to one of them?

You can't just start naming names and going after someone if what you are relying on is HEARSAY.
Liz barnes

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 02:39 PM
Over and Out

Mia, be my guest. I have tried to get as much information as possible to ensure that passersby on the beach are safe. The young couple were camped originally at Archelon and Patty and Mauro are in contact with the boyfriend, currently. Others camped at the Turtle Project will be able to fill you in. I leave it to you to take up this thread and do the kind of job that needs to be done. My goal was to inform to the best of my ability. It's all yours! I will cancel the thread shortly

[Edited on 1-17-2005 by Liz barnes]
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 03:10 PM

If Mauro is in contact with the boyfriend,
then he can get him down here, and they can go to the Police and find out exactly what did happen.

This is not a forum to decide what took place and who did what. The woman and her boyfriend should go to the Delegado themselves and file an official complaint.

Has either one of them gone to the Police or Delegado and informed them of what happened?

It is not "up to me". It is up to them.

[Edited on 1-17-2005 by bahiamia]
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 04:18 PM

Listen, I for one absolutely appreciate the caution of what was heard relative to this situation. As shared early, I often travel to that location (and like most of you, many others). Not only do I walk that area daily when there, it is the beaten path of my 2 daughters. Please do share, and for anyone who does not want to learn of a "potential" danger close your eyes.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.