Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Dog Attack in BOLA
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 06:59 PM

Ok.....Here's the story....

I went to town, and spoke to the Delegado personally, to find out what the deal is.

He told me that the dogs have been enclosed AND tied up for quite some time
and that it is safe for people to walk the beach. This was taken care of a while ago.

Additionally, he said if the people had filed a complaint and confirmed it, they would have put the dogs down.

[Edited on 1-18-2005 by bahiamia]
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 07:07 PM
Mia

Check your U2U.

Paulina
<*)))><
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 07:10 PM

Gracias, Mia.
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 07:17 PM

No problema, Roberto.

If anyone has a problem or question in Bahia, feel free to talk to our Delegado about it. He is happy to answer your questions.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 06:07 PM
Dogs

The fact the dogs are "enclosed and tied up" tell me someone got chewed up. People do not tie up their dogs if they did not do anything. Bahiamia are a Dog person? I'm not. It as if your are trying your best to help, but I wonder who? Do you think now that the dogs are tied up for a few days everything is just fine???
In 1989 a close friend's 7 year old son got his face chewed off. I feel that any dog that bites a person must die and the owner pay one million and go to jail for 10 years. Dog owners would have to start paying attention. Or suffer as much as the as children that lose their future. If for a second you think that this is not true I would be happy to introduce you Mike and his beautiful sister and brother. The doctors helped but he knows he is not equal to them and he is a very sad person at only 22. If you are a dog person you don't want to know what he would do to those two dogs. I do love well trained dogs. I have had many of them. I can not take care of one as I would a child at this time so I do not have one now. When I retire to Baja I hope to have one then.
Remember, all the dogs in the world are not worth one child's life. If you feel different, then you need to see a doctor because your are SICK.
:mad::(

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 07:08 PM

Ok, one more time...

According to our Mayor here, or "Delegado", the dogs have been confined as well as tied up, so that it is safe for the people who walk the stretch of beach where they are located.

Had the people involved filed a report back when it happened, the dogs would have been put down then. They will probably still will be put down.

But until then, they are confined and tied.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 07:57 PM

Liz,

Thanks for taking the time and having the compassion to relay your concerns and information.

Although her information was informative as well, it seems Mia was a bit zealous in rebutting. You didn't deserve it.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 08:04 PM

Well,

Giving out information is one thing, warning people about dogs is one thing, but trying to put up the property owners name and residence is another, especially not knowing all the facts, such as if they were even present when it ocurred or whose animals they are.

You can't just go after somebody. Besides, the situation was handled by the officials down here. Too bad no body bothered to ask them the situation.

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 08:09 PM
Win-Win Deal...

One person wanted to inform and correctly did so. Another just wanted to make certain no one got named incorrectly. Sounds good to me. Both sides are important.
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 08:17 PM

oops,

Something went goofy with my logon...it showed me as "Anonymous"....

But yeah, all it would have taken would have been to ask either the Delegado or one of the Policemen here the status of the situation, because they took care of it as promptly as possible.

It was literally taken care of weeks ago. And why go after someone when everything has already been taken care of?

Too bad no body bothered to ask them about it. And also too bad the woman who was attacked or her boyfriend did not come forward. Otherwise the dogs would have been destroyed right then and there. End of story.

[Edited on 1-19-2005 by bahiamia]

Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 08:53 PM

I am sure the dog owner hopes it's the end of story!

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 09:03 PM

It's the safety issue Liz was concerned about, and rightfully so. That has been addressed.

The litigation between the two parties is another matter altogether.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 09:55 PM

You know those dogs can be released tomorrow! You know someone was injured. People do not get this upset if nothing happened. The person maybe back in US for treatment. If it was my daughter (or girl friend) that would be my first concern. It may take some time. In the mean time the dog owners need someone like you to calm things down and get people to forget. It won't take long and these dogs that have tasted blood will be back, and they will have no fear. It happens more often then you think. The next person (or child) that gets attacked, you can thank yourself for telling everyone all is OK. Dogs DON'T start and stop. Everything is NOT ok. I am not a mean person Mia, only concerned about what you are doing. Also why?
Al G

Albert G

bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 10:36 PM

Al G......

Hey, all I did was go down and speak with the Mayor of our town. He said he and his officers have seen to it that things are safe. The dogs will be more than likely be destroyed, but according to him, they have been confined in such a way that they are not a threat to anyone until that is done.

Perhaps you can offer more action on this than the Mayor of this village?

I am sorry I ever got involved in this or tried to help in any way. I learned my lesson.

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 10:59 PM

Mike is right; both opinions are valid and valued.

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see any post or attempted post with the owner's names.

Maybe Liz was a bit overzealous also, but I get emotional too about the thought of some innocent woman getting mauled by dogs that should have been under control in the first place.

Mia, don't turn martyr, don't go away mad, just try posting with a nicer tone of voice next time and you'll undoubtedly get a better response. I agree you made a valid point.

No offense intended, just another opinion....
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 10:59 PM

Mia,
I can not and I am not saying they can do anymore then what they have done. The people may be safe tonight and tomorrow and if they put the dogs down they may be safe until the owners buy replacements. People who read this, please don't let your guard down or you may have a loved one suffer greatly.
Al G

[Edited on 1-20-2005 by Al G]

Albert G

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2005 at 10:32 AM
Mia

Now you see why many old Amigo posters gave up posting on this board. Threads get morphed and butts jumped.

I appreciate you looking into the situation, getting first hand information from the source and trying to offer peace of mind. I bet Eloy would have loved an excuse to fire off his pistola should the victim's have reported the incident.

I've got my asbestos undies on for when the flames start coming my direction for this post. You might want to buy a pair too if you continue posting here!!

Oh and Albert, I once owned a dog that bit. It was put down. But guess what? I have owned dogs since and they don't bite. Sometimes it's a bad dog, not a bad owner. And remember, you are basing your opinon of the owner by what you've read over the internet, ie hearsay, not by first hand experience, and not from the source.

The dogs were taken care of, the beach is safe, and the rest of the legalities between the two parties is none of our business.

P.<*)))><
PacO
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2005 at 11:52 AM
Sweating the criticism

BahiaMia, I'd spend absolutely no time caring about criticism from faceless people.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2005 at 10:09 PM

"The dogs were taken care of, the beach is safe, and the rest of the legalities between the two parties is none of our business. "

We are discussing an auto accident?? I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about a woman who was attacked and has puncture wounds in her body. Thats damn cold of you.
I was not discussing legalities, only human suffering. You Good dog owners that have/had dogs that bite I am sure you have taken the time to learn the 4 major reasons why dogs bite. Knowledge of these four things can reduce Human suffering: (fear, puppies, dominance or pain). If you are honest with yourself you should be able to pick out the one that applies to your dog. The two teenage Rottweilers, being one of the strongest ?pack? dogs fall in the dominance category and someone should have seen this behavior before it got this far.
The following is from a training class for Rottweilers, but applies to most dogs.
Please help your fellow man and read.

???
Today this dog, the Rottweiler, is one of the most popular in the world as it combines all the traits that you would want. Friendship and loyalty, with an ability to protect you and your home, in return for love and care from you. Picking your dog is best after you have seen the parents. If they are willing to allow you to look and touch their off-spring without too much hesitancy there is every chance that your dog can be brought up with the same trust in humans.
Remember though , it is perhaps best not to look on a Rottweiler, German Shepherd, Mastiff and any other large dog as a pet. A pet is something like a hamster, gerbil or a parrot. You would never look upon a Pit-Bull as a pet, as this animal does not act or respond the same as a hamster does.
Many would not agree with this opinion, but if you keep this sentiment in mind you will have the right attitude in keeping any large dog under correct control. A dog like an Alsatian or Rottweiler is and wants to be a working dog. He will not respond to a relationship where he is just a pet. The person who treats a large dog with:
" Now come on sweetie, let go of that man's leg, that's a good boy!!!"
Is in the company of a time bomb and should not be allowed to own such a 'pet'. Any person who would enter someone else's home as an intruder, will find that the grown Rottweiler will defend the home to the death. If a person who is a 'friend', and who has been introduced into the home, will find if they are properly introduced, the grown Rottweiler will tolerate them and they will find that they are quite friendly. But they should not consider that he Rotty is their friend, he will tolerate an outsider but will rather be left alone. Once the 'friend' has been to the home many times, then will the Rotty understand that this person is a friend and part of the 'pack'.
Raising your Rottweiler, or any dog, whatever it becomes in life, it is your responsibility and of your making. It cannot be just a 'pet' but a good friend, one that will serve you faithfully and love you to the end, or it can become a liability. You must realize what you are taking on. A Rottweiler cannot be whipped into easy submission, it will only truly react to love and care and proper firm, assertive handling, by a member of its 'pack'???????Treat it as you would your own child and you will be a good and responsible owner and you will love your dog as much as any other member of the family. If you do have children, it is advised that they should ALL be at least twelve years old and they can then all grow up together and your dog will know his place within the family unit.?
Know now that a? ?dog is for life?;? a Rotty is not an animal that you can neglect by leaving it locked up or chained up, un-stimulated for many hours on end. Rated as the SIXTH most intelligent dog in the world, used by police and armed forces all around the globe, it is a sensitive being, able to ?read? you by your actions and tone of voice. If you know that you will have to leave any dog for long durations, do not buy this pet, as they cannot be switched off, they are living creatures with needs equal to any other being on Earth. Dogs are PACK ANIMALS, which means they run in groups; it is not part of their nature to be alone. Why not buy a small dog, keep it for a few months then buy a Rottweiler. They will grow up together, keep each other company and the Rotty will think he is a small dog also.
Much of this philosophy can be applied to the bringing up of your own children also. A child must first be cared for, kept clean, kept warm, given comfort, food and drink and mostly, copious amounts of love and affection.?A Rottweiler will crave love and attention, but you will not have a good relationship until you know your place in his life and he knows his place.
?
Any ideals as to what these owners did wrong?

Albert G

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 1-19-2005 at 11:19 PM
Thank you, Al G,

Amen.

We own two Rotties. Each one of them weigh over 125 pounds.

They are loving, involved and concerned about protecting us. They sleep with us and live agreeably with three very old house cats.

That being said, they are working dogs with a high intelligence level and need a purpose.

We run them and walk them on leash every day.

A Rottweiler needs to be told what to do every day by an owner who is the alpha dog, otherwise, the Rottweiler will fill the gapp, making decisions on its own.

This is a great breed, but you can't just leave it to its own devices.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.