Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Animalandia contacted by police about puppy mill
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

Mood: Loving life

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 07:51 AM
Animalandia contacted by police about puppy mill

Animalandia in Loreto rescued 20 dogs yesterday and now needs to provide food and care for them with their limited resources. Please consider a donation to their GoFundMe website. All donations will go directly to Animalandia.

Here is a description from one of the clinic founders about what they encountered: " Animalandia was contacted by the local police this late this afternoon about a possible puppy mill. What we found was 16 adult dogs in unimaginable filth, starving and some already dead. We have rescued 4 Purebred Border Collies and 12 Purebred Jack Russell's. They are now in kennels at the clinic."

Please go to this link to read more or to donate: http://www.gofundme.com/h2ajgk
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 08:17 AM

A while back, I noticed dozens of dogs, all types, for sale
in the Ensenada newspaper, seems to be a cottage industry
of breeding. Saw Golden Retrivers for sale outside a Calimax,
the seller appered to hide from the Police
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 08:25 AM
puppy mills and dog sellers

GRrrrrr ! I firmly belive they should dragged a klick down the road behind a horse or truck...that fund me thing is a cool,,easy way to help..thanks for the op and heads up !! K&T:cool::cool:

[Edited on 11-19-2014 by captkw]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 08:57 AM

I will be passing through Loreto in the next week, is Animalandia easy to find, and what are the hours?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AKgringo
I will be passing through Loreto in the next week, is Animalandia easy to find, and what are the hours?

Check your U2U
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 10:23 AM

I am so very sorry to hear this.

These folks are tireless in the good work they do.

Please click on the link listed in the original post in order to donate to Animalandia.

Thanks. ~ Mulegena

[Edited on 11-19-2014 by Mulegena]

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 05:05 PM
The Loreto spirit is alive and well

It is amazing to me how the people of Loreto come together to help in a time of need or crisis. Local people donated generously of their time and money to help the clinic. By the end of the day and in less than 24 hours, 8 of the dogs had either been adopted or fostered. Of course, there is still plenty of needs to be met for the ongoing feeding and care, medical supplies for the dogs and work on finding them forever homes.

Without Animalandia, I hate to think what Loreto would look like today. When we first came to Loreto 8 years ago, the street dog problem was really bad. Today, there a far fewer stray dogs and far more dogs who found forever homes. We have one of them. Please consider a donation, even if it is only $10 to make sure that this wonderful organization is able to continue its valuable work. Here is the link for their GoFundMe site:

http://www.gofundme.com/h2ajgk
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 07:43 PM

Great organization and those be some lucky pooches!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 09:18 PM

Good work by Animalandia. Just donated to a good cause.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2014 at 01:12 PM
bump

bajabeachbabe
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2014 at 09:00 AM

Please check out the new post with pictures of the dogs and volunteers.
Archie
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2014 at 10:38 AM

Great effort, hats off to these people.

Somebody have a contact number to Animalandia? I want to contribute and get in touch with them, have some things i want to share with them.

Just came back from a trip to Cedros Island, where they have a serious problem with feral cats and dogs, and just like a textbook case, on the way in somebody brought a puppy in a transport cage to the plane, it was a gift for his daughters birthday; and three days later while waiting for the plane back to GN, another cage with another dog flew in from ensenada.
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2014 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Archie

Somebody have a contact number to Animalandia? I want to contribute and get in touch with them, have some things i want to share with them.

Just came back from a trip to Cedros Island, where they have a serious problem with feral cats and dogs, and just like a textbook case, on the way in somebody brought a puppy in a transport cage to the plane, it was a gift for his daughters birthday; and three days later while waiting for the plane back to GN, another cage with another dog flew in from ensenada.

I will send you a message with the contact phone #. The easiest way to contribute is to go to our funding campaign on GoFundMe. You can also see our updates there. Very easy to contribute with a credit card. Here is the link :http://www.gofundme.com/h2ajgk
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2014 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Archie

I will send you a message with the contact phone #. The easiest way to contribute is to go to our funding campaign on GoFundMe. You can also see our updates there. Very easy to contribute with a credit card. Here is the link :http://www.gofundme.com/h2ajgk
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2014 at 04:38 PM
Horrible conditions the dogs were found in

I've posted another update on the Animlandia GoFundMe site with pictures of the bad conditions the dogs were found in.

Again, here is the link: http://www.gofundme.com/h2ajgk
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2014 at 09:40 PM

I received an email with the news that the gringo "owner" of the puppy mill was arrested by immigration officials and driven to Cabo San Lucas for deportation. He had an additional three dogs with him at the time of his arrest.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2014 at 10:18 PM
Best news of the week !!Now

Now,,I would like to know name,airport where he/it landed ???
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2014 at 10:01 AM

I have posted an update on the situation with the rescued dogs on GoFundMe, but here is the latest news:

Further update on the situation with the 20 dogs that were rescued. One of the owners is in the process of being deported due to this animal cruelty. The other is still trying to get the dogs back and has actually been successful by approaching the foster homes and posing as someone who wants to adopt the dog. We need to get these dogs in permanent homes as soon as possible.

You can see the latest pictures and updates at http://www.gofundme.com/h2ajgk

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.