Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Getting really anoyed with People from two borders noth
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-15-2015 at 04:03 PM

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days.

Eventually, Michael the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day. He inquired of God, "Where have you been?" God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?" "It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a place of great balance." "Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused. God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth, "For example, Northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while Southern Europe is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people," God continued, pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by Gods work, then pointed to a large landmass in the top corner and asked, "What's that one?" "Ah," said God. "That's Canada, the most glorious place on Earth. There are beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, streams and an exquisite coastline. The people from Canada are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found travelling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hard working and high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace. I'm also going to give them super-human, undefeatable ice hockey players who will be admired and feared by all who come across them."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed; "What about balance, God? You said there will be BALANCE!" God replied wisely. "Wait until you see the loud-mouth bastards I'm putting next to them...."

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 1-15-2015 at 06:18 PM

I can't resist re-telling the story of the Canadian couple from Quebec who stayed at Campo Sirena. They spoke perfect English but insisted on pestering me with crappy Spanish because I didn't speak French! She sealed the deal by coming to me in the dark with a sand encrusted bag of Boca Dulces expecting me to fillet them for her. I found out later that they hadn't caught them, but had asked for and received them from a Mexican guy who was fishing for his family. (yes I cleaned them for her, yes she tipped me 50 pesos, and hell yes I took it!)
That experience was a major exception to commonly well mannered folks.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-15-2015 at 07:04 PM

hey Pomp...nice one eh!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2015 at 07:41 PM

Who cares they will all begone the week before Easter.
jakethedog
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 05:14 PM

Pomp, that is so true and well said. I have let the topic go for a while and it appears most responces agree "they have a entitled, smarter than thou loud mouth attitude" ( same can be from texas, just go skiing in Colorado).
Recent update: 4 Canooks sitting at the local sports bar watching the Seattle game and using their FREE internet, buy a beer a peice and watch 2 games. When the college kid serves them beer and gives them their 2 pesos change, they all wait until the kid turns his back , and then pull the 2 PESOS back, all four. They nursed the beer for 2 complete games. Bought no food and left no tip. Do the math on what it costs the bar to support their sports and internet habit!

Next, Friend near me rents his home to a "couple" from Vancouver. Shows up a few day later to check on them and there are 5 people ( canadians) in his house. WTF. Nice guy that he is says thats fine just pay for an extra "pila" of water. No problem..Two days before they, 5< of them left, they decided to take his small beach launch boat out for a spin. Thrached it on the beach in a wave, broke the boat and ruined the motor. Very concerned, my neighbor tells them they must leave the next day as that is theft and cops will be called if they are not gone by 12pm. At 11:30 am he finds his Suburban broken down on the road out of fuel...They had found keys and used it to move. House thrashed, washer broken, boat ruined.
He did track them down and all they said was " sorry dude you can keep our $200 deposit. Cops thought different..Hope they enjoy the cold in Canada as they may not return.

My personal neighbors, really nice Canadians whom are embarresed by their compadres, have removed their plates from their local car so they will not be labeled....says volumes.

Each country has their own derlicks. It just seams Canada's all show up here.

Can't wait until Easter!!!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 05:51 PM

Jake,
Give it a rest.....there are just as many examples of pendejos from the USA that act like turds.....it's not a nationality thing....it's just that some folks don't behave very well.

Don't believe everything you think....
jakethedog
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 06:02 PM

Moto, I have rested and don't post here much. You are correct that all have their issues with being "normal". It is just that most of the turds come from furthur up north is all I am sayin'.

I could go on for a week typing... Just a quick vent
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 06:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  
Quote:
Originally posted by shari
take off eh!:P

I'm a little behind in Candianese: "take off" same as "bugger off"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BFPt001PYU&index=1&...

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

jakethedog
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 07:27 PM

Bugger off loco like the 4 Alberton's who were ripping around posted turtle nests on their Razors and had the confincated by the Gov't. All 50 y/o + guys with homes here.
Funny 3 of 4 of them have their places for sale this week. Hmmmm. Price of oil down or other issues. Just sayin'.
Have not seen that from any "normal" folks...yet.

They are taken off eh!!!:bounce:
SpumoneHi

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 08:09 PM

Jake - I think it might be more of a reaction to you. Generally, Canadians have a low tolerant for ignorant azzwholes. I think your post speaks for itself.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 11:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by jakethedog  
Moto, I have rested and don't post here much. You are correct that all have their issues with being "normal". It is just that most of the turds come from furthur up north is all I am sayin'.

Jake,
Go back to taking a rest....

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 11:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Jake,
Go back to taking a rest....

..yeh,,and if you're ever in Vancouver be sure to let me know...I'll be happy to help! :yes:
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 07:25 AM

Here's what I don't get - they have a hockey team called the "Canadians". That's just nutz. I mean, the folks in Northern Alberta must chaff a bit, aren't their Oilers Canadians as well? No American professional sports team would call themselves the 'Americans'. (Well, maybe Dallas would but they're an outlier anyway).
Somebody esplain this to me.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 07:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
I love Canadians. Just making that statement. =)

I love Americans too!

I love Mexicans too!

I'm not on ecstasy, but I may have been sometime in the early 90's, while in Baja, by the way. THAT was an experience I will never forget.

Come to think of it, I have made love to all three.;D;D;D
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 11:50 AM

..... It is just that most of the turds come from furthur up north is all I am sayin'....

Jake,
Someone told me you are a Canadian....is that true? :?:

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 01:09 PM

Here's what I don't get - ....Somebody esplain this to me.

It's like skydiving, rock climbing, or racing motorcycles: If I have to explain it, you still wouldn't get it :lol:

Brinloor
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 04:27 PM

Here's what I don't get - they have a hockey team called the "Canadians". That's just nutz. I mean, the folks in Northern Alberta must chaff a bit, aren't their Oilers Canadians as well? No American professional sports team would call themselves the 'Americans'. (Well, maybe Dallas would but they're an outlier anyway).
Somebody esplain this to me.

OK - I'm Canadian, so I'll try an esplain.

First of all, let me break stereotypes and say I detest hockey. Right up there with Candy Crush Saga, and I've never played either.

The team you refer to is the Montreal Canadiens. They are in Quebec. Every once in awhile Quebec needs a hockey stick upside the head to remind them that they are Canadians. Or as they put it - Canadiens. With ESL they can be difficult to communicate with sometimes. Of course, they come down to Baja and start conjugating Spanish verbs with the ease of Italians.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 06:38 PM

Are y'all throwing rocks at each other, or just Moose-turds?

(BTW, it's 'PAHN-ga, not PAYN-ga' ~ j/k {sorta} !!)

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 06:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Are y'all throwing rocks at each other, or just Moose-turds?

..yah,,that's Canadians for you....always happy to take care of our own trash! :biggrin:
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 07:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

As a fellow Canadian, I guess it would be appropriate to apologize to other Nomads for his conduct :rolleyes:

...yeh,,,apologies indeed! :rolleyes::tumble:
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.