Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Getting really anoyed with People from two borders noth
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 1-18-2015 at 05:34 PM

My wife IS Canadian so I have to live with the fact that she IS ALWAYS RIGHT.:spingrin:

Bob Durrell
Bajafogger

Mood: Blown away

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 06:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by jakethedog  

Recent update: 4 Canooks sitting at the local sports bar watching the Seattle game and using their FREE internet, buy a beer a peice and watch 2 games. When the college kid serves them beer and gives them their 2 pesos change, they all wait until the kid turns his back , and then pull the 2 PESOS back, all four. They nursed the beer for 2 complete games. Bought no food and left no tip. Do the math on what it costs the bar to support their sports and internet habit!

Next, Friend near me rents his home to a "couple" from Vancouver. Shows up a few day later to check on them and there are 5 people ( canadians) in his house. WTF. Nice guy that he is says thats fine just pay for an extra "pila" of water. No problem..Two days before they, 5< of them left, they decided to take his small beach launch boat out for a spin. Thrached it on the beach in a wave, broke the boat and ruined the motor. Very concerned, my neighbor tells them they must leave the next day as that is theft and cops will be called if they are not gone by 12pm. At 11:30 am he finds his Suburban broken down on the road out of fuel...They had found keys and used it to move. House thrashed, washer broken, boat ruined.
He did track them down and all they said was " sorry dude you can keep our $200 deposit. Cops thought different..Hope they enjoy the cold in Canada as they may not return.

My personal neighbors, really nice Canadians whom are embarresed by their compadres, have removed their plates from their local car so they will not be labeled....says volumes.

Each country has their own derlicks. It just seams Canada's all show up here.

Can't wait until Easter!!!

Dear "jakethedog"

It just so happens that we know that Jake the dog (in real life) has an owner who we had a bad experience with. We know exactly who you are. What a colossal load of crap your posts are. First lie, right off the hop, its your rental not a neighbours or a friends. Why don't you just come out and say all this happened to you and that these are your own "experiences". Hmm, could it be perhaps that you're embarrassed by the lies you are spreading? You are the homeowner and i am one of the Canadians who stayed at your home. I witnessed first hand what actually happened, and unlike you i'm a rational person and so i will speak objectively here.

Normally i wouldn't succumb to arguing with trolls in a forum, but after several friends forwarded this to me i really felt like i needed to defend myself, my friends, and (oh boy) my country, from your lies. You charged us $3400 for 13 days, not small change by any means, for a home that was worth not even half that rate. Upon arrival the house was in a state of squalor. Hours spent washing dirty dishes (the dishwasher was full), towels, and removing dead bugs in the fridge. Behind the sink taps were all brown with crud. There was dog hair everywhere (Jakes), and the sheets had clearly been slept in. You blamed US for the burnt out washer? We should never had had to wash it to begin with, but the comforter you had on the bed was covered in dog hair and smelled like old man. We used it for a normal load just before we left and it worked fine. All of this was completely unnacceptable for paying guests to deal with. What does a cleaner cost down there anyways maybe $40? Should i mention the little "surprise" that was waiting for us in the 2nd bedroom? A rotting dead mouse that made the house smell disgusting.

You claim we stole and then ruined your boat... do you actually believe your own lies now? It's one thing to be disgruntled, but to be so upset over things that your making up? Heres the truth, objective in its entirety. You were kind enough to give access to your "toys" which by the way, your boat is listed in the ad for guest use. See for yourself.
www.vrbo.com/579104
Theft and cops, telling us we had to leave? What are you talking about? none of that happened. Ultimately, there were no paddle boards for our use as advertised in your listing. So, yes we did take the boat out for a morning of fishing after you repeatedly encouraged it. After using the boat it was returned to the exact same spot, using the exact same runners in the sand, with the gas and rods neatly put away where YOU TOLD US to put them. It was high tide that night, and combined with the windiest conditions seen that month the boat was sent down the beach. What you fail to mention is that this accident could have just as easily happened to you. Why don't you point out that the "awful Canadians" spent a day combing the beach and collecting what was lost, as well as fixing broked rivets and hauling the motor up to the house. The boat itself was fine and they gave you $200 to help fix the motor (at the time the local shop said it would be $300 to fix) you guys even shook hands on the amount before we left. Why didn't you speak up then? No, you would prefer to vent in forums and lie online like a coward

This is the part of your story that is truly laughable. Implying that we stole your truck, ran it out of fuel, thrashed your house, broke your washer? you were nice enough to offer your suburban to us for a couple days (we did not ask- he offered. We had a friend arriving with a rental car) The truck refused to start when he initially tried it. He complained that he just paid a guy to fix it and it shouldn't be giving him trouble. We popped the hood and i found a little air leak in the fuel line. We fixed the line, then i helped him purge the air bubbles out (after like an hour) we finally get it running. We were grateful and we put diesel in the tank.

When the couple staying in the second bedroom began to complain about a smell we told them about the mouse (we were too embarrassed to tell them) but it turned out there was a bigger problem. A couple days later it still stunk. We figured out the smell was coming from the extra mattress propped up in the corner. We flipped it over and a couple dead mice (and live ones) fell out along with a nest with mice feces. Our 5th guest was unable to join us and had to stay elsewhere "2 bedroom, sleeps 6..." as per your ad, however, the house sleeps 4, unless you count the mice infested mattress. And where would he sleep with the mattress? in the living room? He paid $900 as his share and never stayed at all. It was easier for our other friends to fit him in their place. You always knew there was at least 4 coming by the way, and what does it matter we rented the WHOLE HOUSE and its suppose to sleep 6!!! If it wasn't for the boat motor we would be asking for money back.

-Those four Canucks you are referring to are my friends from Canada staying in a seperate residence. The "college kid" bartender we all know by name and frequently hang out with here in La Ventana. We have been to his place, checked out his dune buggy, partied with him on new years..... yada yada. The beer here is very cheap compared to home - i find it hard to believe that they would not tip especially that specific bartender. "they nursed the beer for 2 complete games" NOW I KNOW that you are lying LOL. You think we dont have a tv at our place? get with the times man. Too bad forums can be seen world wide.

your "neighbours... removed their (licence) plates so they would not be labelled..." Why do i highly doubt that... especially how everything you said before that was complete lies. If they did, its likely because they believed the garbage that was coming out of your mouth.

Is this thread really about singling out Canadians? Canadians and americans are neighbours. People from Oregon and British Columbia have more in common then people from Oregon and say Florida.

Personally, I hate ignorant people. People who lie and are prejudice, and slander others for their own personal satisfaction. You, sir, are just an ethnocentric bully, an old man with too much time on his hands.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 07:31 PM

I gotta say I chuckled about the comforter that smelled like "old man" I was thinking old s p i c e or wildroot, after a google search turns out we really do smell! who knew?:lol:

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by willardguy]

now why can't we say s p i c e ?

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by willardguy]
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 09:00 PM

Yep, I know what you mean

I have several of those Northern Light Folks move in next door to us.

We invited them over for a few get togethers, but they have get togethers and only invite other Canuks.

Tired of their attitudes.

F U C X EM

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by CortezBlue]

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by CortezBlue]

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 09:07 PM

Cortez,
Maybe they got tired of your attitude?

Give them another chance if you might....most of us are sensible, considerate, reasonable and friendly folks....most of the time.

But, you know how some people are, eh .:D:cool:

Don't believe everything you think....
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 09:14 PM

the few Canukdians we know are really cool. funny how that works.....

luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 09:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajafogger  

Recent update: 4 Canooks sitting at the local sports bar watching the Seattle game and using their FREE internet, buy a beer a peice and watch 2 games. When the college kid serves them beer and gives them their 2 pesos change, they all wait until the kid turns his back , and then pull the 2 PESOS back, all four. They nursed the beer for 2 complete games. Bought no food and left no tip. Do the math on what it costs the bar to support their sports and internet habit!

Next, Friend near me rents his home to a "couple" from Vancouver. Shows up a few day later to check on them and there are 5 people ( canadians) in his house. WTF. Nice guy that he is says thats fine just pay for an extra "pila" of water. No problem..Two days before they, 5< of them left, they decided to take his small beach launch boat out for a spin. Thrached it on the beach in a wave, broke the boat and ruined the motor. Very concerned, my neighbor tells them they must leave the next day as that is theft and cops will be called if they are not gone by 12pm. At 11:30 am he finds his Suburban broken down on the road out of fuel...They had found keys and used it to move. House thrashed, washer broken, boat ruined.
He did track them down and all they said was " sorry dude you can keep our $200 deposit. Cops thought different..Hope they enjoy the cold in Canada as they may not return.

My personal neighbors, really nice Canadians whom are embarresed by their compadres, have removed their plates from their local car so they will not be labeled....says volumes.

Each country has their own derlicks. It just seams Canada's all show up here.

Can't wait until Easter!!!

Dear "jakethedog"

It just so happens that we know that Jake the dog (in real life) has an owner who we had a bad experience with. We know exactly who you are. What a colossal load of crap your posts are. First lie, right off the hop, its your rental not a neighbours or a friends. Why don't you just come out and say all this happened to you and that these are your own "experiences". Hmm, could it be perhaps that you're embarrassed by the lies you are spreading? You are the homeowner and i am one of the Canadians who stayed at your home. I witnessed first hand what actually happened, and unlike you i'm a rational person and so i will speak objectively here.

Normally i wouldn't succumb to arguing with trolls in a forum, but after several friends forwarded this to me i really felt like i needed to defend myself, my friends, and (oh boy) my country, from your lies. You charged us $3400 for 13 days, not small change by any means, for a home that was worth not even half that rate. Upon arrival the house was in a state of squalor. Hours spent washing dirty dishes (the dishwasher was full), towels, and removing dead bugs in the fridge. Behind the sink taps were all brown with crud. There was dog hair everywhere (Jakes), and the sheets had clearly been slept in. You blamed US for the burnt out washer? We should never had had to wash it to begin with, but the comforter you had on the bed was covered in dog hair and smelled like old man. We used it for a normal load just before we left and it worked fine. All of this was completely unnacceptable for paying guests to deal with. What does a cleaner cost down there anyways maybe $40? Should i mention the little "surprise" that was waiting for us in the 2nd bedroom? A rotting dead mouse that made the house smell disgusting.

You claim we stole and then ruined your boat... do you actually believe your own lies now? It's one thing to be disgruntled, but to be so upset over things that your making up? Heres the truth, objective in its entirety. You were kind enough to give access to your "toys" which by the way, your boat is listed in the ad for guest use. See for yourself.
www.vrbo.com/579104
Theft and cops, telling us we had to leave? What are you talking about? none of that happened. Ultimately, there were no paddle boards for our use as advertised in your listing. So, yes we did take the boat out for a morning of fishing after you repeatedly encouraged it. After using the boat it was returned to the exact same spot, using the exact same runners in the sand, with the gas and rods neatly put away where YOU TOLD US to put them. It was high tide that night, and combined with the windiest conditions seen that month the boat was sent down the beach. What you fail to mention is that this accident could have just as easily happened to you. Why don't you point out that the "awful Canadians" spent a day combing the beach and collecting what was lost, as well as fixing broked rivets and hauling the motor up to the house. The boat itself was fine and they gave you $200 to help fix the motor (at the time the local shop said it would be $300 to fix) you guys even shook hands on the amount before we left. Why didn't you speak up then? No, you would prefer to vent in forums and lie online like a coward

This is the part of your story that is truly laughable. Implying that we stole your truck, ran it out of fuel, thrashed your house, broke your washer? you were nice enough to offer your suburban to us for a couple days (we did not ask- he offered. We had a friend arriving with a rental car) The truck refused to start when he initially tried it. He complained that he just paid a guy to fix it and it shouldn't be giving him trouble. We popped the hood and i found a little air leak in the fuel line. We fixed the line, then i helped him purge the air bubbles out (after like an hour) we finally get it running. We were grateful and we put diesel in the tank.

When the couple staying in the second bedroom began to complain about a smell we told them about the mouse (we were too embarrassed to tell them) but it turned out there was a bigger problem. A couple days later it still stunk. We figured out the smell was coming from the extra mattress propped up in the corner. We flipped it over and a couple dead mice (and live ones) fell out along with a nest with mice feces. Our 5th guest was unable to join us and had to stay elsewhere "2 bedroom, sleeps 6..." as per your ad, however, the house sleeps 4, unless you count the mice infested mattress. And where would he sleep with the mattress? in the living room? He paid $900 as his share and never stayed at all. It was easier for our other friends to fit him in their place. You always knew there was at least 4 coming by the way, and what does it matter we rented the WHOLE HOUSE and its suppose to sleep 6!!! If it wasn't for the boat motor we would be asking for money back.

-Those four Canucks you are referring to are my friends from Canada staying in a seperate residence. The "college kid" bartender we all know by name and frequently hang out with here in La Ventana. We have been to his place, checked out his dune buggy, partied with him on new years..... yada yada. The beer here is very cheap compared to home - i find it hard to believe that they would not tip especially that specific bartender. "they nursed the beer for 2 complete games" NOW I KNOW that you are lying LOL. You think we dont have a tv at our place? get with the times man. Too bad forums can be seen world wide.

your "neighbours... removed their (licence) plates so they would not be labelled..." Why do i highly doubt that... especially how everything you said before that was complete lies. If they did, its likely because they believed the garbage that was coming out of your mouth.

Is this thread really about singling out Canadians? Canadians and americans are neighbours. People from Oregon and British Columbia have more in common then people from Oregon and say Florida.

Personally, I hate ignorant people. People who lie and are prejudice, and slander others for their own personal satisfaction. You, sir, are just an ethnocentric bully, an old man with too much time on his hands.

Why not hit him where it hurts ?? TRIP ADVISOR does work.

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

thumbup.gif posted on 1-21-2015 at 09:29 PM

I like Canadians 'cept their country is too damned cold. ;)

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 09:31 PM
AWsome reply!!

thanks for well written reply..and as a yankee that spent a lot of time in BC and Yukon and many,many friends in Baja from the north (Canada) have found them all to be great,nice folks and all seem to know more about the us than the folks from the usa..I always get a smile when I coment that know I what a loonie is.....I merriad one!!!! and for you folks that don't know.. a loonie is a coin.... K&T

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by captkw]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 09:33 PM

I never thought this thread would make it to four pages, but now I think I need to bump it one more time.
Since 1980 I have made eight road trips through the Yukon and British Columbia, and six more to Baja and Mainland Mexico. I have met a hell of a lot of Canadians on those trips and have not yet met one that I had a problem with!
Looking forward to meeting a lot more, because that means I am on the road again. I will even be polite to you Jake, hope you do the same.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 09:49 PM

you can ride your bicycle in Canada. The canadians get all 4 tires across the center line, and give plenty of space.

dont make a whole thread
Just because of that justin b finkelstien what was his name kid. that is only one strike

maybe the people of the great white north are intolerant of your disrespectful driveing, they have higher standards up there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ykOKEuLrg

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 11:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by luv2fish  

Why not hit him where it hurts ?? TRIP ADVISOR does work.

Is there a 'reviews' section where you found the rental?

...not that I'm suggesting anything ;D:biggrin:
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 04:41 AM

Jakethedog,

What sez you? Are the allegations above true. Without comment back (hiding behind a keyboard) your credibility is shot and you have been marginalized internationally.

I go with reporting this to Trip Advisor if not redacted or proved false. I always read TA before I stay at lodging on my many travels for work and pleasure (+20 hotels & resorts a year). I'm in Shreveport, LA at the moment and staying at a great and reasonably priced hotel ($57/day 2-rm suite with full kitchen, great breakfast, 5 miles from work, close to Louisiana Audubon Trail Golf Courses) I found after reading TA on the lodging in the immediate area. You will be doing people like me a BIG FAVOR by cut and pasting what you have already written onto TA. TA allows one to comment back on the comments.

I'll be looking for a write up in the future on TA for Jake's rental.

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by Lobsterman]
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 11:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
My wife IS Canadian so I have to live with the fact that she IS ALWAYS RIGHT.:spingrin:

Bob,
Geez....I have been looking for Miss Right for some years now. Now that I have learned that you found one whose first name is "Always",
I can now reduce my search for one named "Sometimes".:biggrin:

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 11:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lobsterman  

I go with reporting this to Trip Advisor if not redacted or proved false. ...... TA allows one to comment back on the comments.

I'll be looking for a write up in the future on TA for Jake's rental.

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by Lobsterman]

Not a bad idea....as many of us consider TA as helpful, but sometimes "trolled".. If a TA post is offered, they review it before posting....and editing step of sorts. Rather than repost directly as suggested....take some of the steam out of the comments but keep the salient points so the review makes it "on air". There is enough meat on that bone without the salsa... :light:

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 11:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  

Bob,
Geez....I have been looking for Miss Right for some years now. Now that I have learned that you found one whose first name is "Always",
I can now reduce my search for one named "Sometimes".:biggrin:

"Once-In-A-While" is a real beauty too, eh? I will not go to the cold country to visit her though. She did pop down to Mulege with her sister "on Occasion". At those times I had to throw off the dog. :lol:
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 12:19 PM
Nattering North-Country Nimrods

Perhaps the most irritating characteristic (of many) exhibited by the Canuckials is their tendency to offer gratuitous remarks regarding the behavior of Americans (while IN the U.S.) prefaced with "in MY country................"

Of many examples, I remember once staying at a motel in Hemet. Walking out to the pool with a Heineken, Cigar and Newspaper, after taking a swim I sat down (alone) at one table, popped the cap, lit up and started reading.

A middle-aged lady got up from her lounge, walked over and told me that "Back home in Canada, YOU couldn't do THAT" pointing to the Cigar.

Without knowing (or caring) if that was the case, I said "One of the Biggest problems I know of in THIS country is people coming here from YOUR country and expressing unwanted opinions".

At which point she stalked off to the office.

Talking to the manager later, he said (laughing) "Man, you REALLY peesed that lady off".

"Yeah, I know".

"T-S".

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 12:44 PM

Bugger off loco like the 4 Alberton's who were ripping around posted turtle nests on their Razors and had the confincated by the Gov't. All 50 y/o + guys with homes here.
Funny 3 of 4 of them have their places for sale this week. Hmmmm. Price of oil down or other issues. Just sayin'.
Have not seen that from any "normal" folks...yet.

They are taken off eh!!!:bounce:

Ha Ha. I don't think I will be renting your pad anytime soon. Hope that a review is posted on VRBO

http://www.vrbo.com/579104

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 02:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

Ha Ha. I don't think I will be renting your pad anytime soon. Hope that a review is posted on VRBO

http://www.vrbo.com/579104

I guess those canadiand did a good job cleaning the place up from old man smell and mouse infestation.....the place is solidly booked at $200 a night (?)
Bajafogger

Mood: Blown away

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 03:06 PM
Review written

No i dont think its been solidly booked... past days are shaded dark in the booking calendar whether or not it was rented. It does appear to be booked in february for a week though. We just finished writing a review to vrbo. They are reviewing it and it will be posted within 7 business days. We wrote about the key things for people who may want to rent in the future.

Business is not made by word of mouth anymore. A poor review can be very costly these days as literally thousands will read it before renting your property.

I dont get it man, we shook hands at the end. Still shaking my head.
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.