BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: ..Tijuana...some stark realities...
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-22-2014 at 07:15 PM
not a hijack

but ,today in the" mother land" your paper Pleeez..no insure..don't pass go !! PS.. its "Land of the Fee"

[Edited on 11-23-2014 by captkw]
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2014 at 10:47 PM

80% on drugs? Most heroin..... I didn't see any organization or individuals helping, or attempting to help, getting these people straight and it was never mentioned in the video.

I know it would be a monumental task but at the very least I am sure there are those who would take advantage of some kind of help in this regard.

I don't want drug addicts back in the U.S. so I guess living as they do is the best thing for them right now. I hate to say that.

After watching the video I had no idea of what takes place there and I drive by it every other week. I do wish them peace and a better life.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2014 at 10:29 AM

Used to be said, the first thing one would see after crossing the border was the shacks that people lived in. Now, it's human refuse. Too bad.
One of these days, when the body count rises to an uncomfortable level, they'll find a place to herd these people to. I think Mexico's hoping it would be north, but I'm guessing that door has been closed. If they cross the line and cause some serious problems, the US prison system will be stuck with them.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2014 at 10:39 AM

The real Kick in the culo here is, that the Mex Gov. has earmarked funds for this problem. So where is the Dinero ? this article states that the money is being sucked up by bureaucrats who go and perform studies after studies, sucking up all the money and giving jobs to people who don't need them. This is a problem that I think was caused by N.A.F.T.A. and Mexico's unwillingness to seal their southern border. We must never forget that these are above all else HUMAN BEINGS and we need to show compassion.

http://www.afntijuana.info/informacion_general/34229_no_sirv...

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2014 at 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202

I recall in the 80's when Californica required all vehicles to be fully insured

You can't register a vehicle in Ca., without at least libility Insurance , that has
been the case for yrs., although a person can show Ins. to register a vehicle, then let the Ins. lapse, it can be totally ineffective, undocumented drive
with no DL's or
Ins.,

they have no DL's, but that is about to change soon,
as Ca will issue DL's to undocumented. Seems with Obama's
order, SOME undocumented that have been in the US for 5
yrs., will not face deportation, safe to say a good # of deportees
have commited some sort of crime in the US, being in the US.
they have less latitude than someone else

[Edited on 11-23-2014 by sancho]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-23-2014 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
One of these days, when the body count rises to an uncomfortable level, they'll find a place to herd these people to.

denny, where are they going to herd "these people?" to a mass grave? or will they simply leave the bodies in river bed to flow out to sea with winter rains?

and the haves keep up their constant refrain that the have nots are just lazy people looking for a handout. the haves constantly complain that their taxes help poor people. i think the haves should be herded someplace
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-23-2014 at 11:28 AM

i think i could have lived out the rest of my life without having to see a guy stick a syringe in his own neck!:barf:

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-23-2014 at 11:43 AM

Good news, one of the stars of the video in this thread was interviewed, Victor Clark Alfaro, the director of Binational center of Human Rights, and anthropologist and professor at San Diego State.

Victor Clark, viewed Obama's executive action on immigration favorable, because it will allow just over 4 million undocumented Mexican immigrants to remain in the US temporarily, like their children.

Victor Clark, also said, On the border town, it will have direct impact, because in recent years the number of deportations was 1.4 million, or about six thousand per month.

So in medium term, expect to see fewer deportations to Tijuana, however coupled with economic recovery, across the border, that will create a great need for labor, and that will impact the border.

Positivo anuncio de Obama

Tijuana BC 21 de noviembre de 2014 (AFN).- El director del Centro Binacional de Derechos Humanos, Víctor Clark Alfaro manifestó que el tema de la migración en los Estados Unidos dará un giro importante después del anuncio del presidente Barack Obama, debido a que por años había sido reclamada una legalización de quienes residen y trabajan de manera indocumentada en aquel país.

El también Antropólogo y profesor en la Universidad Estatal en San Diego, California en entrevista con AFN calificó como positivo el anuncio realizado por Obama, ya que existirá la posibilidad de que poco más de cuatro millones de indocumentados puedan permanecer temporalmente de manera legal en territorio estadounidense, al igual que sus hijos, aunque no es un número tan importante en estos últimos, subrayó.

Con respecto a esta ciudad fronteriza, dijo que tendrá un impacto directo, debido a que en los últimos años el número de deportaciones ha sido de 1.4 millones, de los cuales llegan alrededor de seis mil por mes, pero el resultado entrará en vigor en la primavera del próximo año 2015.

Clark Alfaro resaltó que en esas fechas estarán presentes dos fenómenos: una disminución en el número de deportaciones y los migrantes se alentarán para intentar cruzar con la creencia de una posible legalización al llegar a la Unión Americana, como indocumentados, principalmente de ciudadanos de México y Centro América.

read the rest here:

http://www.afntijuana.info/informacion_general/34195_positiv...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2014 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
denny, where are they going to herd "these people?" to a mass grave? or will they simply leave the bodies in river bed to flow out to sea with winter rains?

and the haves keep up their constant refrain that the have nots are just lazy people looking for a handout. the haves constantly complain that their taxes help poor people. i think the haves should be herded someplace

Your objection is noted. I shouldn't have used the term, "these people" since many, if not most have given up their people status long ago. That's why they are where they are today, drifting around in a pool of cess next to a sewage treatment plant.
How about you doing some missionary work in the pond, Goat. They can use some of your sympathy and understanding........or....are you a founding member of the NIMBY society?
I'll bet you are.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
You can't register a vehicle in Ca., without at least libility Insurance , that has
been the case for yrs., although a person can show Ins. to register a vehicle, then let the Ins. lapse, it can be totally ineffective, undocumented drive with no DL's or Ins.,

....pretty much as I described.....I recall it said that you didn't need insurance unless you got stopped
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
One of these days, when the body count rises to an uncomfortable level, they'll find a place to herd these people to.

...at whatever price they mentioned for the 'H',,,they could use the designated funds to supply it....H addicts are harmless and even productive if they have an assured supply.......you'd be surprised how many 'respectable' people in your neighborhood use it.

[Edited on 11-25-2014 by micah202]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 06:56 PM

25 pesos is hat I remember. $2

[Edited on 11-25-2014 by woody with a view]

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
25 pesos is hat I remember. $2

..that's what I recall...was surprised there's a heroin problem,but horses for courses,I guess.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.