BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: El Dorado Ranch History...anyone have a Sweepstakes Letter?
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2016 at 07:38 AM

I personally would think twice about paying for a report from that source especially. One can get all the same info just by doing your due diligence & talking to the owners that live here.Much of the info is free online if you just look.
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2016 at 07:53 AM

Hey Meme...you don't know what your talking about...you don't have a copy to critique, so how you can justify your negative comments is real questionable. And NO... you won't find this info in one place on any Internet search. I think you dislike the author as he is exposing the EDR world in which you live. Ranch management is a SCAM and a fleecing of owners money and you know it.
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2016 at 08:07 AM

Oh yes I have seen that copy so you see you do not know all you think you know either. I did not state you could find all the info in one place on the internet, I said you can find most all of it on THE INTERNET. No I do not dislike the author either just selling the material is what I think is wrong if the author is truely looking to get the info out to other buyers or owners. I do not hide or sell any information I get about EDR either good or bad. I know the community I live in well. I am well aware that the owners will pay pay pay forever as long as things here in EDR remain the same year after year. I have NEVER denied that & I think you know that too, so be careful with making your accusations. I live here because I choose to. That is my choice.
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2016 at 08:28 AM

Well Meme, you may have seen it but have you read it in full? There were only a few on the Ranch who purchased it, and your not one of them. As for selling it, that's called capitalism and the right to publish. I guess your a Bernie supporter that all things should be free. Just so you know, a lot of research went into that Report and there is no profit, just a break even. I will bet you cannot find the Butler/Textron settlement agreement anywhere on the Internet and you won't find the Trusts Butler put together that tell a very different story. But as long as you have Jim as your insider to the EDR management...No Bad Days. Others outside the Ranch sphere might want to have a non-marketing analysis of EDR...that's who the target audience is.;)
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2016 at 09:07 AM

No I would not ever buy it. You are correct there. I alrady knew of the Butler/ Textron documents & the Trusts. As for Jim being my inside information another false statement as Jim does not share TRC information with me or anyone else. So you charge the target audience for the report you say NEEDS to be shared with owners & buyers. So you DO actually profit from the sales as I see it as your audience pays for the publication which Could be( not saying it is) information as rumored by other sources. As for Bernie, Bernie who? I have no affiliations with any U.S. politics.
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2016 at 08:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by meme  
No I would not ever buy it. You are correct there. I alrady knew of the Butler/ Textron documents & the Trusts. As for Jim being my inside information another false statement as Jim does not share TRC information with me or anyone else. So you charge the target audience for the report you say NEEDS to be shared with owners & buyers. So you DO actually profit from the sales as I see it as your audience pays for the publication which Could be( not saying it is) information as rumored by other sources. As for Bernie, Bernie who? I have no affiliations with any U.S. politics.

Hey Val...so you have the Textron Settlement agreement? Really? Or you just know it exist but have no clue what it says? And you have read the details of all 5 Spanish Trusts that Butler now has us all paying for? And the implications the language has? If so, your on top of the game for sure. I will bet you have never bothered to check the details and just rely on what the puppets tell you.
It sounds like you have never owned a business for profit as that seems to be a dirty concept. The authors of publications that read this thread must wonder about you. In order to read their work, you would need to get it for free. That is a Bernie Sanders trait. Free stuff.:lol:
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 5-18-2016 at 08:23 PM
WoW !!

Now, This is more like the Baja I knew in my early days...good stuff all....LOL... for every hectre is a story !! How the west was won/lost :lol:
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2016 at 08:29 AM

As usual Michael you know nothing of what you speak. You presume no one knows anything but you---NOT!
Good you are getting money for your publication so you might be able to finish getting your casa built huh? It has been in the making a long long time so I notice. BTW- I buy many publications but only those I know are worthy of the $$$.Not much of anything in regards to EDR is worthy of paying for it IMPO.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-19-2016 at 08:52 AM
OK...

Speaking of EDR, I miss Baja Lou!

April, 2011 (Searching for the Lost Mission of Santa Isabel, in Arroyo El Volcán)

(Baja Lou, with Baja Cat)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2016 at 09:27 AM

Sadly he is soooo missed here also David. Such a nice guy & always a good friend & helpful to others too. He was the first friend we made here. His place sits empty here now & is sad to see. Many many good time with him & dinners at his casa.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-19-2016 at 09:53 AM

He had such a good time with us on that trip... so sad it was his last Baja adventure, but how great he got to do it.

More of that trip on a blog page I made: http://vivabajablog.blogspot.com/2011/07/lost-mission-expedi...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2016 at 09:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by meme  
As usual Michael you know nothing of what you speak. You presume no one knows anything but you---NOT!
Good you are getting money for your publication so you might be able to finish getting your casa built huh? It has been in the making a long long time so I notice. BTW- I buy many publications but only those I know are worthy of the $$$.Not much of anything in regards to EDR is worthy of paying for it IMPO.

You really crack me up Val:lol::lol::lol:
You state Jim (the TRC puppet) doesn't share info with you as your husband?!? Oh really:light::light: Then your misguided and vindictive statement about mi casa above comes from where? Lying Val...oh you Lying Val:yawn: You never answered my questions in the previous post about Textron...but that's OK Lying Val, I am done sparring with you in this forum and will spare our Nomads anymore embarrassment from Lying Val :lol::lol:
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2016 at 09:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
He had such a good time with us on that trip... so sad it was his last Baja adventure, but how great he got to do it.

More of that trip on a blog page I made: http://vivabajablog.blogspot.com/2011/07/lost-mission-expedi...

I was at his place comparing notes on rebuilding VW engines. He had quite a shop:D
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2016 at 07:12 AM

I have lied about nothing Michael.
Just because he is my husband does not mean Jim & I share ALL! TRC business is not my business nor his to share either. I could care less in regards to Textron it's long gone time-wise & is PB problem not mine.
Calling me names only makes a bold statement of the kind of person you are IMPO. :(:(
I'm sure most Nomads do not even care anything about EDR much less what you or I have to say about it, so yes time to let it go as you are just another disgruntled EDR owner as most of us are. But it is what it is & will stay the way it is until the Butlers have gone far away.
OverlandAdventures

[*] posted on 12-27-2016 at 11:36 PM

Hey folks,

I am headed to Baja soon and there has been this little family story I have heard for going on 20yrs now.

My grandfather supposedly won a piece of land from Ed McMahon back in I think the 1980s near San Felipe. My grandfather passed away in 1996. My uncles do not know anything about this piece of land or how to find it or anything on it. They might have some paper work somewhere on it though, they seem to have lot's of old files full of grandpas stuff.

I have been to Baja three times but never decided to try and look for this piece of land. My grand father was pretty good at keeping records, paying his bills and all that. If this was not just some piece of junk scam or whatever he would have stayed on top of it, paid the taxes, dues ect ect. He did go down to Baja a number of times in his life.

So my questions are, did Ed McMahon ever do a sweepstakes for land in Baja?

If this land is real and it was not a scam like I read in this thread how do I find this out?

Is the land leased for 99yrs?

If it was in my grandfathers name but he passed away without doing anything is it still able to be transferred to another family member with the same name?

I don't have a common last name so if there are any records on this in Baja it should not be to hard to find. Where would I start though?

It would sure be awesome to find this piece of land, if it even exists. But if not just knowing what the exact deal is would also be nice and fun in way to do the search.

Cheers and thanks for any help/info!

steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2016 at 08:59 AM

Sorry but I doubt Ed had any giveaways in Baja and for sure not at EDR. Good luck on your trip!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-28-2016 at 11:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by OverlandAdventures  
Hey folks,

I am headed to Baja soon and there has been this little family story I have heard for going on 20yrs now.

My grandfather supposedly won a piece of land from Ed McMahon back in I think the 1980s near San Felipe....

What you heard is undoubtedly connected with the National Pen sweepstakes promotion for El Dorado Ranch back at that time.

More info here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=National+Pen+el+dorado+ranch...

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=199...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2016 at 11:30 AM

Yes, I would if I were you start by looking into the EDR properties. Yes, I too think it might be National Penn related. Which is Eldorado property.
dadsfavor8

[*] posted on 5-4-2018 at 11:51 PM

Yes, I have 1 of the original deeds (if i look for it) . I always wondered if it was still valid.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.