BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: El Dorado Ranch History...anyone have a Sweepstakes Letter?
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 09:46 AM

Senior Islas tho is a useless HOA adminitrator on many counts. Not good at all with HOA Members communications.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 10:03 AM

Steekers I long forgot that old post of mine. Anyway I never saved the funky phony "title" they sent me. I never planned to use it after my one property tour and a pushy sales rep.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 10:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by capt. mike  
Steekers I long forgot that old post of mine. Anyway I never saved the funky phony "title" they sent me. I never planned to use it after my one property tour and a pushy sales rep.

Bummer. Still looking for someone who has one. Thanks Capt. Mike:tumble:
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 10:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by meme  
Senior Islas tho is a useless HOA adminitrator on many counts. Not good at all with HOA Members communications.

Yes, that is his nickname now. He is just a puppet of Butler as are the "Supervisors" Ed, Bob, Steve we now call the 3 Stooges.:no:
treuboff
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 06:04 PM

That truly is a shame. He has never done anything but justice for my family for years. But I've seen it over and over good people kissing big businesses ass and becoming spineless.
klaughlin

[*] posted on 3-22-2015 at 02:44 PM

Haha. I found this forum because I found my original deed of license in a box in the basement and googled it. I assumed it was a scam - so I didn't pay anything but this is all a really entertaining story.
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 3-22-2015 at 07:08 PM
Eldo Ranch

I cant really add much to this thread My late Wife's sister got involved in the scam and paid the maintenance fees for years and never went there. She gifted my wife with all the paper work and the first time we went there was 1998. we went through all the drill that's ben told here over and over. The only good that came from that Experience was our exposure to San Felipe . Ever since the
Eldorado crowd has ben trying to Destroy that illusion too :no::no::no:
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 09:39 AM

Just who are you referring:?: to when you say the Eldorado crowd?
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 11:02 AM
Further North.....

...in the Spring valley area of San Diego there is a sub division known as Dictionary Hill. that was sub divided in the early 1900's without regard to the rugged topography. The cookie cutter lots they were selling were only 50 ft. wide and and very steep and would be difficult to build on and there were no roads just like the mountain side of El Dorado Ranch.

As a sales pitch to potential buyers the developer offered a set of encyclopedias and a dictionary for each lot sold and that's how it became known as Dictionary hill.

In 1954 there were just roughly graded steep dirt roads but my brother and i went together and purchased a lot near the top for $5000 because it had a great view all the way to the ocean and overlooked Sweetwater lake.

In the'60's the developer had all the streets properly graded, paved and curbs and sidewalks installed. He also had electricity run to each lot.

That's when we got a $20k bill for our share of the improvements that was due and payable in a lump sum by the end of the year. Not having that kind of money when we were that young we, like a lot of others, had to sell the lot back to the developer for a lot less than the $5k we bought it for.

Today there is a large, expensive three story home built on our lot plus the two adjacent ones.

Bob Durrell
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 05:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by meme  
Just who are you referring:?: to when you say the Eldorado crowd?

the Eldo J.Cs that keep trying to inflict their will on the citizens of San. Felepi
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 05:15 PM

I have a very good friend that has owned a lot in El Dorado

that he got thru the Penn company,, he now has a nice set up

in the Solar section,, and got his title a few years back

him and his wife are very happy
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 08:04 PM

The fortunate folks that have a house built already are being subsidized by the majority of people that have only dirt lots that are now worth less that 10% of their initial value. More fee increases ahead for the existing residents as the dirt lot owners bail out.
phylliserck

[*] posted on 5-14-2016 at 02:36 PM
El Dorado Ranch Sweepstakes Letter

Quote: Originally posted by steekers  
Thank you all. Hi David...long time since we talked.

If any of you can find the letter I would appreciate getting a copy. If your a Baja collector like David, you might find it in your old files.

I ran across a producer who has worked with the History Channel and they are interested in the El Dorado history for a documentary.

After the last General burroembly meeting, Mr. Butler has many more residents very upset. Many believe he moved back to San Felipe to be closer to his piggy bank...the HOA he oversees. For 2015, the budget shows he will get over $800K USD as management fees, yet he refuses to pay dues on his own lots. There were over 50 owners who "returned" their dirt lots as they are done throwing more money (annual fees) away. instead of the lots going to our HOA, they went back to Butler to resell. Talk about a scam! The documentary is likely to speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Personally, this saga is better suited for an American Greed episode.

[Edited on 12-6-2014 by steekers]

Ran across this in old files and thought I'd google it and low and behold there were folks interested in this. Here's my letter https://eldoradoranchsweepstakes.wordpress.com/2016/05/14/sw...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-14-2016 at 02:45 PM

Great find!
I hope steekers sees it.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2016 at 02:23 PM

Got it...thank you!:bounce: Very interesting history. I noticed the address for the "EDR Estates" is La Jolla, CA. Pat Butler hired a slick guy named Frank Ingrande who ran the EDR telemarketing back in 2003-5 and was located in San Diego. Nowadays Frank is one of 4 Principals (the others are Mike Cresci, Rob Rios, and Chuck Gitano Milles) operating the illegal development called Rancho Costa Verde located close to KM 52 south of San Felipe. Truly amazing that the Ensenada officials let them keep building with no valid permits. Must be some payola going on.:rolleyes:

[Edited on 5-15-2016 by steekers]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-16-2016 at 06:56 PM

Keep sharing your discoveries here steekers!

Would like to hear about any of your latest activities in Baja if you ever care to share in a new post or drop me a note! :coolup:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 07:11 AM

Trying to get a full historical narrative of the goings on in EDR is quite a task. Every time I try to fill in the blanks I find even more blanks.
Of course there are multiple stories. Like the history of butler, then the history each of his projects -- such as the time shares south of town, then the mainland story, the Colorado development, and on and on. And numerous lawsuits that he seems to always come out on top and others in limbo.
Sticking to just EDR is the most frustrating to document.

The update is EDR is muddling along with increases in HOA dues and more money going to the various Butler enterprises. Infrastructure is better than ever with some exceptions of flood damaged roads that still have not been fixed. Bright spot is excellent security.
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 08:48 AM

Well there is a rather extensive "Research Report" done by an owner that chronicles EDR since the late 1990s and it is for sale. Any "investor" considering purchasing in EDR or doing business with Pat Butler needs to read this. It is eye-opening.;)

Wondering if Paul W is a current owner?
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2016 at 05:47 AM

Yes owner - part time resident
Got a link to that report?
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2016 at 07:36 AM

Sorry, no link available. For sale at $20 each just to cover the paper. U2U me your address and will send one out.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.