Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: "Bertha's Restaurant & Bar" Mulege'
bchbmz

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 10:37 AM
"Bertha's Restaurant & Bar" Mulege'

"Bertha's Restaurant & Bar" is under new management. I am the new proprietor, and will try to make this information accurate.
Over the years, "Bertha's" has had a rather dubious and sometimes poor reputation. Those days are long gone. We have remodeled and repaired what was necessary. The kitchen is fully remodeled and modern. There never was bar, only a long counter that was called a bar, but you couldn't sit at it. We now have a new bar and back-bar. Our bartender is rated to be among the top three in the area.
Our menu is primarily American with a touch of Latin. Our cook, Rosy, is quickly becoming a local legend in the community, as a result of the fine dishes she prepares.
Our wait staff is courteous, attentive, and bi-lingual.
Always on the menu: "Bob's Burger", and our house "Garden Burger", for our vegetarian friends. We also try to keep a couple of vegetarian items on the daily menu, that changes from day to day, based on product availability.
Our prices are average, for the Mulege' area.
"Experience the Difference" that is "Bertha's"
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 10:55 AM

Not cool slandering Bertha...a very nice lady and she ran a great restaurant for many years....Loved how she slept on the open air roof deck. We have great memories from there. She was great to our young daughter and let her "waitress" there when she was 8-13 years old. Great pig roasts and good times. Loved having David Chaney play flamingo guitar there. Good luck to you but give props to the original owner. She made the place......

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 10:59 AM

What did that the Flamingo think of that??? :lol:

Quote: Originally posted by Terry28  
......Loved having David Chaney play flamingo guitar there.......

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 11:00 AM

Blushed...

Terry28
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 11:01 AM

So Terry where is spell check on this board?? I am only good looking, not good speler.........

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 11:15 AM
Where is he??

Was waiting for the Nomad spell check police to catch that!!!

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 12:16 PM

We had some terrific meals there!
Good luck to you...great location for sure.

Vince
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 12:42 PM

You did a great job on the yellowtail, very delicious and cooked to perfection. Loved your Halloween party, we'll be back!
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 12:43 PM

I'm really glad that someone has taken over the restaurant and is expressing the attitude that I wish all new restaurant owners expressed. He must have heard complaints about Berthas in the past and wants to make sure that he lets people know that he's running a different business. We have had good meals there and you can't beat the setting (maybe that's why the meals were good?) so it's great news that Berthas will continue! Hopefully someone will eat there and post about the new food/experience.

Good luck to the new owners; we'll definitely visit next time we're down.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 12:59 PM
Bertha's

where the HELL is this joint ??? been eating/shopping the MUL for many years and trying to remember which place thi:?:s is?????
Terry28
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 01:44 PM

El Burro beach..south of Mulege...

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 01:45 PM

Aqui

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 05:10 PM
conception

hola,,Thats what I thought !! BUT,,,that is not muluge !! but a few Klicks south !! 30 yrs ago you could have the Biggest shrimp of your life for a few peso's there....(sigh)...
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 07:47 PM

Muchas gracias! More cantina options are always welcome.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-12-2014 at 07:31 AM

Bahía Concepción :light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2014 at 09:55 AM

Great location and always a fun place to stop for lunch! Oh, and a beer or two!!
:bounce:

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
bchbmz

[*] posted on 12-23-2014 at 10:33 AM
Bertha's Restaurant & Bar

I appreciate everyone's comments.
I did not mean anything derogatory about Bertha in any way...I couldn't ask for a better landlord. She has been very gracious and accommodating.
In the last seven or eight years, there have been several operators. I have been a customer of Bertha's for twenty plus years, and am very familiar with past offerings.
Simply stated, we have made a commitment to the public to offer a great meal at a reasonable price, in a pleasant and comfortable environment.
Thanks to the party that posted the recent picture of "Bertha's". That small lake is dried up...for now.
Our website is under construction, but for anyone that has an interest in what we are doing, please check out www.berthasmulege.com
Again...thanks for the constructive input...
"Bertha's"
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 12-23-2014 at 11:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by captkw  
where the HELL is this joint ??? been eating/shopping the MUL for many years and trying to remember which place thi:?:s is?????

I don't know about that one but I used to go to Bertha's bar and restaurant in the Fells Point neighborhood of Baltimore. Her specialty was mussels and her adds all over town said "Eat Bertha's Mussels"

Bob Durrell
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2014 at 08:04 PM

We had a superb lunch at Bertha's Restaurant at Burro Beach today. Pepe made us a great margaritas and tequila sunrise. We were served Salsa and nachos, bean soup, breaded or butter garlic shrimp main course, followed by strawberry ice cream. The total bill for the two of us was 400 pesos and this included the drinks.

Pepe's crew skills make this a top restaurant in the Mulegé area.

[Edited on 12-27-2014 by cessna821]

[Edited on 12-27-2014 by cessna821]
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 12-27-2014 at 12:21 PM

BERTHAS AT BURROS BEACH

Conveniently located on the beach in Conception Bay. :tumble:

Just wanted to post this and to wish the new proprietors good luck and to carry on this great tradition in Burros Beach. Good old time beach cafe formerly run by Bertha herself for many, many years.

Here are some old memories of good times...and good eats.

After a hearty breakfast at Bertha's about 15 years ago. Hah...many years earlier than that, one of the things we used to laugh about at the original Berthas's was the size of her pancakes. She made them one at a time and were the size of her large fry pan...which made for quite a lot to eat. Filled the plate was not a lie! We'd make bets on who could eat the whole thing! But, my favorite back in the day was always her Seafood soup...a real treat. Because she had such a small kitchen, the food sometimes took a while to get to your table..but hey, that's why Pacifico is made and it was always cold.

The structure had changed a bit by 2009.

very pleasant atmosphere..seating inside or outside The former manager/operator and old friend, Celia, was always smiling.

From highway overlook...we had a bit of rain from a hurricane and things need drying up.

Late spring. It's getting warmer and shade is needed for outside dining.

2003 View of Burros Beach from my boat. Bertha's is to the far right.

Winter 1978. My amigos are on a trek above Burros Beach....to look at some rock art, courtesy of the early Kochimi. Not too much on Burros Beach at this time...just tranquility.

1975 BURROS BEACH OVERLOOK. Looking from Coyote Bay point to the north. I liked this spot for a potential building site. At this time the highway was barely a year old..and there was virtually nothing on Burros Beach behind me, only an occasional rough camper who might get stuck in the mud flats and come asking for help. This view of the bay below was and still is incredible.

[Edited on 12-29-2014 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.