BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Ensenada El Estuche road in the future?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2014 at 11:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Looks like danzanti doesn't want to play with us any more.

I didn't even get to tell him the island is spelled DANZANTE (if it matters at all) :lol:

Keep it handy...just in case. :lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-15-2014 at 12:10 PM

Maybe a Danzanti is someone from the island of Danzante?

I hope danzanti does come back and fill us in on how he (or she) could buy land on the coast and the other concerns!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 12-15-2014 at 12:40 PM

Long time ago we drove our dune buggy from the Agua Verde road where it first meets the sea , at low tide to the north , heading toward this area . Couldn't make it but did get a fair way up the coast .

In the middle of nowhere we found a group of tent campers having afternoon Margaritas and enjoying the shade . A quick hello and an offer of a Margarita ...:coolup: They were from Calf. and said they were buying a piece of this property from a rancher and were going to first build a place to bring in a trailer and start building .
Never saw them again , but might have to check that area out again.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2014 at 02:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ligui  

Long time ago

Yeah...I remember how it used to be, like in the 60s. Americans would come down here and buy anything from anybody without even questioning the validity of the sale. A guy I knew around Cabo would give lots to his US friends.

Times certainly have changed.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Scorpimon
Junior Nomad

Mood: Irie

[*] posted on 12-15-2014 at 07:29 PM

Danzanti
There was once a proposed road that ran West up the main arroyo and cut up the first main branch coming in from the North. This is then an easy grade up to the highway near a shrine except for the last climb that will require a couple switchbacks. I have walked this route after it was marked out around 2007 when the rich guy in the big Punta San Cosme house had it surveyed and marked as the easiest way to get electricity to his place. The route markings have long since disappeared, and the rich dude backed out on funding it. I did hear a few years ago that the government had agreed to build the road and that it was funded and just waiting for equipment, but that money is surely long gone.
I agree with Howard that it does not look good for a road anytime soon. I myself gave up waiting and went to plan B and purchased in Nopolo, and life is good. The property in Estuche is now a long term investment in a very beautiful area.
danzanti

[*] posted on 12-16-2014 at 08:13 PM
Ensenada El Estuche

Thank you nomads for the spirited responses. We bought the property about 10 years ago having been gobsmacked by the beauty of the area. We paid a local dive shop owner who had clean title and set up a fidu (trust) with a local notario. We were hoping a road would happen by now, however the last time we were in Loreto the street lights were out due to the failure of the muni to pay the electric bill. Leaves us less than hopeful. So now we pay about $1000 per year to a bank trust and in return we are given a receipt. Maybe we'll explore building an off grid winter casita there or move down to East Cape and look for something with road access.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2014 at 08:33 PM

Prepare for the barrage of "you should....."
Off grid casita would be awesome!
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 12-17-2014 at 07:52 AM

The area is very nice .... You said that the person had a clear title .
I believe at the time the land was in the control of the edjio . If you received papers they would first have to be changed from the edjio to a Certificado Parcelario then after a long time resurveyed by the govt. then is given a Titulo De Propiedad in the name of the owner .

If you are paying yearly for the trust , it might be a good idea to have the title checked out with the notario that is in office now . You could be paying on a trust that doesn't really control the lot . They'll take your payment anyway

I could be wrong.....Scorpimon might be able to add more .
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2014 at 09:18 AM
puerto de san cosme

That road was a Robert Ross dream...

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=42597

Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin (1759)
danzanti

[*] posted on 9-21-2016 at 02:57 PM

Checking back on this post I see there was some helpful discussion about a road to the beach at El Estuche. Since then I heard from the guy that sold us the land that a company is buying Ejido land with the intent of building a resort. ( I know..more Loreto dreams). Has anyone heard about this latest?
Scorpimon
Junior Nomad

Mood: Irie

[*] posted on 9-21-2016 at 04:52 PM

I have heard the same rumor. I believe it was the Pueblo Bonito group that was supposedly making plans to build a resort, possibly on the Northern half of Estuche. Those plans may be effected by the outcome of a previous claim to the land now being challanged in the Agrarian Court in La Paz.
danzanti

[*] posted on 12-1-2016 at 11:56 AM

It's been a while since I've viewed this thread. Since then my realtor friend in Loreto has told me of a rumor that a resort group (he thinks it may be Pueblo Bonito) has expressed interest and is exploring opportunities for a development in the El Estuche area. I know, I know Loreto is where dreams go to die, but is anyone hearing similar gossip?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-1-2016 at 01:43 PM

Keep on with your dreams, but maybe find someplace you will be able to enjoy, in your lifetime!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.