Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Second hand drugs
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2014 at 11:01 PM
Second hand drugs

I went to Puerto Vallarta and Sayulita this last summer and had a great time. Unfortunately while in pv I bonked my forehead on the shower knob and gave myself a nice split right above my eyebrow. Since I was taking the bus to Sayulita that day I just kept a paper towel on the cut because a bandaid wouldn't stick and it wouldn't stop bleeding.

Anyway, I travel like that to Sayulita, park mysf in my room and decide to explore the town a bit. Looked at the medico office and thought about going in because I thought I might need stitches. Decided to just get some supplies at the pharmacoa instead. Triple antibiotic cream cost too much so I told the lady to just give me a small bottle of alcohol.

Get back to my room, opened it and applied to the head wound. Thought to myself "this smells like tequila!" Figured what the heck, alcohol is alcohol, right. Seemed to do the trick, anyway.

Brought the bottle home with me and had a couple of other people smell it. They all thought it smelled like tequila, too. Didn't sting like alcohol should, either.

What do you think the chances are that that sold me watered down tequila instead of alcohol? ;D What a waste of tequila!!

Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2014 at 11:10 PM

Oh, and within 1/2 hour of parking myself on the beach in Sayulita I was offered pot, cocaine, and Vicodin. And repeatedly the entire time I was there. Keep in mind I am a woman of a certain age, traveling alone, overweight, and really don't think I look like a participant. Everytime it was the guys selling those macrame bracelets. Faded from exposure. I don't think they ever actually sell any bracelets. Just drugs. Didn't bother me, I just thought it was curious. Ended up joking with them most of the time. Didn't buy any drugs except for the tequila for my head wound. It actually worked pretty good. Kept it from getting infected at least!
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 12-17-2014 at 10:11 AM

Are you sure the guy selling the bracelets wasn't working his way through Medical School. Maybe he was prescribing the cocaine topically for vasoconstriction of your profusely bleeding head wound, vicodin to aid with temporary pain relief and cannabis so you don't stress out over being sold watered down tequila :o
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 12:44 AM

Yep. That was probably it. I guess I am just overly paranoid. 😄😄
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 12:48 AM

Yep. That was probably it. I guess I am just overly paranoid. 😄😄
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 05:59 AM

Pell grant?

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 08:39 AM

I believe that all the alcohol sold in farmacias in Mexico is ethyl alcohol, considering that this is the drink of choice for a lot of hard core alcoholics here, they probably don't sell isopropyl alcohol for the fact that someone would drink it.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 10:17 AM

Most of those guys selling drugs are working for the police. You buy the drugs then ten minutes get searched by the local municipal police and pay a huge mordita not to go to jail. It's the longest running scam tourists get hit for.

While in Jamaica I saw the same thing and these guys have it down to a science. Much better at it then the Mexicans.
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 04:36 PM

Interesting, and most likely you hit the nail on the head. Not my problem since I wasn't biting anyway.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 05:00 PM

The college age son of someone I worked with in Anchorage got arrested for a small amount of pot while on vacation down in Mexico.
After scraping together all the cash he could raise, he bribed his way out of custody. Just to show there were no hard feelings, the cops gave him back his stash!
I am sure you are ahead of me here. Since he had no money left, the second time he was arrested, dad got the call. I don't know how much it wound up costing, because now courts, jails and lawyers were involved.
Any questions why they call it dope?

[Edited on 12-19-2014 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 07:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
I believe that all the alcohol sold in farmacias in Mexico is ethyl alcohol, considering that this is the drink of choice for a lot of hard core alcoholics here, they probably don't sell isopropyl alcohol for the fact that someone would drink it.

Watson, I think your on to something :light:
bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 09:43 PM

Small amounts are no longer prosecuted. Mexico changed it's law. I read 5 grams or less of marijuana with cocane, meth ampetamine, heroin, and lsd having gram or ml allowable amounts as well.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.