Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Photo resize help please
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2014 at 08:34 PM
Photo resize help please

I know I know my tech challenges are wearing on nerves ... truly lociento ...

If anyone can/will resize the photo I've tried posting few times I would be so very grateful ..

I've resized to be under 800/800 so I don't know what I'm doing wrong ..

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2014 at 08:56 PM

I think "Nomads" is having issues. I tried quite a few times and gave up.

[Edited on 12-18-2014 by bajadogs]
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2014 at 09:08 PM

Posting photos by "attachment" is not currently working.

See post from a few days ago:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=76786
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
12-17-2014 at 10:54 PM
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2014 at 11:29 PM

....... Huh? .....
David K - I'm not trying to post a U-Tube video ..

thanks bajadogs and RnR ...

Happy Holidays to all ...

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 10:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CaboMagic  
....... Huh? .....
David K - I'm not trying to post a U-Tube video ..

thanks bajadogs and RnR ...

Happy Holidays to all ...

The first post in the photo forum has NOTHING to do with You Tube... It gives the six easy steps to size and post photos here or any forum, for free.

Since you couldn't find and read the first post on the Nomad BAJA PHOTO GALLERY Forum, here it is: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=65085

and here it is open on this page:

We can help! Here's the step by step using one of the photo hosting sites 'Photobucket.com':

UPDATED FEB. 2014

There are many photo hosting sites, Photobucket.com is one used by many here, it is free for basic membership and very cheap for advanced.

1) Create an album for your trip or subject on Photobucket.

2) Click Upload (top center) to transfer photos from your PC folder to your Photobucket album.

3) Click on the gear symbol on the right corner of the box you see on the screen...

4) Select 800 (full size) or 640 (large size) for Nomad posting...

100x75 is the Avatar size, fyi.

5) Click SAVE!

6) Select photos you want to share on Nomad (or other forums) by pressing the Choose Photos & Videos button (or for the entire folder of photos, click Choose Folder).

Once done with uploading photos, make your post here on Baja Nomad and add photos using the IMG link from the choices of links for each photo in your album. Copy and paste that link in your Nomad thread, double spacing between links. Add a caption to the photo if desired... Click Preview Post to check your post... if okay, click Post Reply.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 04:46 PM

Oh WOW that is so amazing. Just what I need.
You are such a great big help David K .. NOT
I don't have oodles of free time to read endless amounts of technical stuff to try and figure out how to do something, so since u didn't offer to really help, thanking you seems pointless.

I simply wanted to post a photo of an enormous Yellowfin tuna caught .. some people really enjoy looking at photos of fish.

Doug if you can intervene when you have time, that would sincerely be appreciated.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 05:12 PM
Is it this one from your Facebook Page?

If you send me the original, it may look better than off FB.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 05:21 PM

Clearly what is being asked for is a hand out, not a hand up!
I don't know how to do that stuff either, but I will read the info and give it a go.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2014 at 05:47 PM

What he said was..it would sure be nice to just post pictures/fotos like most sites....

I agree...and then David you would not have to regurgitate your instructions/and admonishments.
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2014 at 11:46 AM

rts551 thank you ...
AKgringo .. u don't know me based upon your comment.
DK - after nearly what, 16 yrs of interactions strictly via internet with you, I must say leopards do not change their spots .. I know some people find your input fascinating and helpful, and that's grand for them.
What you consider to be 6 ez steps are not for me.
Spreading holiday cheer across the screen ...
LG

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2014 at 11:53 AM

That's why I offered to do it for you as well. I have always offered to help those who want to learn or do it for them if they don't. Did I find the photo you wanted to show as you didn't email me one.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-19-2014 at 11:53 AM

HO HO HO!

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2014 at 12:00 PM

keep digging david....
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-19-2014 at 12:29 PM

Cabomagic, You are right, I don't know you, but I can see by your avatar that you are a commercial operation, yet you are asking for volunteers from this forum to help you promote your business! Acquiring the skills to run and promote your operation is a mark of professionalism.
An even better way to post photos of your clients catches (if they are interested) would be to direct them to this forum and show them how to do it. That would be more of an endorsement for you from happy clients! Of course, you would have to learn how to do it yourself first.
I think the Nomad community is well served by businesses promoting themselves on this forum, heck Shari does it all the time! She does it with wit, charm, and photos she posts herself. I have never seen her post a snarky reply to the first person who offers help.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2014 at 12:37 PM

Shari (Bahia Asuncion) is the Nomad who suggested I use Photobucket to share photos, about 6-7 years ago. It isn't hard, otherwise I couldn't do it (I am not a computer wiz whatsoever). I then showed Baja Blanca (La Bocana) how to use it, and she posts lots of photos... etc. etc.

Lori, I only want to help you and other Baja businesses have success. Not sure how we got sideways in communicating, but I am sorry we did.

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2014 at 12:41 PM

AK appreciate your comments. Those that know me/us for the many many years know how much in hand outs we do. We are private about what we do. Altho more recently people on here live/vacation to our part of Baja, the vast majority of guests to this website did not, and David is amongst one of the many Cabo-bashers that post here. Just sayin .. and DK u know exactly what I am referring to.

Woody yeah ... agreed & well said ...

Leaving the sandbox now, adios ...

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2014 at 12:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Cabomagic, You are right, I don't know you, but I can see by your avatar that you are a commercial operation, yet you are asking for volunteers from this forum to help you promote your business! Acquiring the skills to run and promote your operation is a mark of professionalism.
An even better way to post photos of your clients catches (if they are interested) would be to direct them to this forum and show them how to do it. That would be more of an endorsement for you from happy clients! Of course, you would have to learn how to do it yourself first.
I think the Nomad community is well served by businesses promoting themselves on this forum, heck Shari does it all the time! She does it with wit, charm, and photos she posts herself. I have never seen her post a snarky reply to the first person who offers help.

Several businesses around here freely advertise at will --- they don't pay, and they don't wait to have their clients post, although they encourage their clients to do so. And many of them have asked for help over time with this forum.

What makes Cabo Magic unique is that they are among the first people to step up and donate to many causes promoted by other nomads that help the people of Baja from Tijuana to Cabo. They are VERY generous people.

And because they find something not helpful, well they are not the first or only ones and so be it. As far as snarky goes, well, we have seen a lot of that around here and sometimes from other business owners.

It is Doug's call as to who he allows to advertise for free -- his forum, his money and as long as he allows it, well, asking for technical help is a request for a hand up, not a hand out. And I have never seen Lori request lots of freebies from others. Instead, when there is a call for help, she jumps in.

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2014 at 12:44 PM

PS DK thanks for posting the photo u did .. it was one of them - the one I was trying to post was of the group w/Capt Carlos .. but thanks for that ..

PPS thank you Diana ..

[Edited on 12-19-2014 by CaboMagic]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2014 at 12:55 PM

PS DK thanks for posting the photo u did .. it was one of them - the one I was trying to post was of the group w/Capt Carlos .. but thanks for that ..

PPS thank you Diana ..

[Edited on 12-19-2014 by CaboMagic]

I will help anyone anytime... send me any you want sized for Nomad.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2014 at 01:01 PM

This one?

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.