Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Cd Constitution... Same Old Bullchit
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 03:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
...... The problem in Cd. C. is they have no tourist infrastructure whatsoever, never have and no reason for anyone to spend money there;

BB,
Have to disagree.....they have three helado shops all within a block:lol:

Don't believe everything you think....
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 05:29 PM

I have an unexciting story.

I drove thru Constitucion five times in each direction while down there for the Mil - zero issues. I was driving a team truck with branding, so not exactly low key.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 05:55 PM

Never been stopped there in the decades we've been driving through. I have observed a number of cars pulled over when we have had to pass through mid-day during the week. However, almost half of our passes are on a Sunday, and there are no cops to be seen. So, I would suggest going through very early in the morning, after dusk, or on Sunday, if you can fit that into your schedule.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 06:26 PM

I have never been stopped by a cop for anything in Baja. Some of you must look like easy marks for fleecing, and I hope you continue to look different than me, and clear the way for my uninhibited driving pleasure.. :bounce:

Peace out!

P.s. I am interested, what common appearance do you victims share?
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 06:39 PM

Goat, ever thought it might be your deodorant?

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 06:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
I have never been stopped by a cop for anything in Baja. Some of you must look like easy marks for fleecing, and I hope you continue to look different than me, and clear the way for my uninhibited driving pleasure.. :bounce:

Peace out!

Jesus. Dozens of cases of this BS occurring in CC, and all Goat can conclude is that it is all the Nomads fault.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 08:11 PM

The story seems very plausible, until the end when Kiterkip say," Huh... Oh, and the fine paying room we were in had about 3 thousand confiscated license plates."

Really? Kiterkip was taking photos of everything else. Where is the photos of the 3000 license plates?

There are also a few other problems with the story, from what I know about corrupt Mexican cops.

In the story there is no hint of asking for a bribe from the implied alleged corrupt cop(s) that supposedly removed Kiterkip's license plate, and then came in the restaurant and said in bad English, "teekeets" and then later took out the handcuffs.

BTW the ""teekeets"statement is really uncalled for, especially since Kiterkip said," at some point we demanded an English speaking translator," at the police station. Did the Mexican cops make fun of Kiterkip's Spanish?

So is the whole police station at, Ciudad Constitution, corrupt, and they work as a team? Why didn't the corrupt cop make it easy on everybody and just hint for a bribe up front? If the alleged Mexican cop is corrupt, why not take his share right away, and if he works as a team, just pass up the bribe money up the chain of command at the police station. Better, yet, why didn't he ask for a bribe, and keep all the pesos or dollars for himself, or share with his buddy cop?

It just seems like a lot of trouble to go through, especially when they're going through the legal motions, and then at the end, the "smoking guns" of evidence is right there, the 3000 license plates, the police station, supposedly keeps right there in the "fine payment office," where one day state or federal officials might find.

Who knows if the story is true or not, or just parts exaggerated, but I would never boycott a place in Mexico, just because a person has a story to tell on the internet or some anonymous travel board.

Tell, the story, and if others are telling the same story, there might be problems at a certain place in Mexico, but the the calls for a boycott are a bit silly if you ask me.

chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 08:17 PM

Seems like a lot of work to go to in order to trash some random town in Baja, dontcha think?

We had a negative experience last year in CC with the same cop that Kiterkip encountered. We don't stop there any more.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 08:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chavycha  
Seems like a lot of work to go to in order to trash some random town in Baja, dontcha think?

We had a negative experience last year in CC with the same cop that Kiterkip encountered. We don't stop there any more.

Really? The very same cop!

What are the odds?

How do you know it's the same cop?

Did the cop take your license plate?

[Edited on 1-2-2015 by JoeJustJoe]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 08:23 PM

welcome to 2015 folks :no:
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 08:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Really? The very same cop!
What are the odds?
How do you know it's the same cop?
Did the cop take your license plate?

More than likely. I have a pretty damn sharp memory for things like cops who shake me down for money. However, I can't be certain since the photo quality is poor at best. I would imagine that a city the size of Constitucion only has a handful of transitos.

Again, why would I or Kip go to the trouble of fabricating something like this? There were aspects of Kip's story that rubbed me the wrong way, but I have no doubt that it's real. I'll quote you here for a second --

Tell, the story, and if others are telling the same story, there might be problems at a certain place in Mexico.

I don't understand the 'shoot the messenger' mentality that crops up on this forum. Seems like some of you need to get out from behind your keyboards and travel around a bit.

[Edited on 1-2-2015 by chavycha]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 09:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

Peace out!

Jesus. Dozens of cases of this BS occurring in CC, and all Goat can conclude is that it is all the Nomads fault.

:no: well, you can read it whatever way you want. I was simply observing that some people attract crooked cops and some don't. I suspect the cops are good at profiling. I was wondering what is the the lucrative profile. In case I take up a second career in law enforcement.
Posada-BushPilot
Nomad

Mood: Baja Brained

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 09:39 PM

Kinda Funny CC Story

Last year, heading south for La Paz and doin the drill thru CC, got to the south end and there were a bunch of CC finest standing around and one of them waved me over. Four or five of them were standing behind the guy who waved me over. I think he said I was speeding or sumthin and asked me for my DL.
Well I was in one of my butthead moods (very rare :) but I gave him my license (dumb),, and he started rappin. So I say, in a loud voice :"Policia de constutition muy malo hombres" Well the guy gets this funny look on his face, hands me back my license and wave me off. The cops behind him busted up laughin and I think I heard one of the say muy loco gringo, or something like that.
Really pretty stupid on my part, and I would not recommend it, but I just wasn't any mood to play their game. I am always super cautious, full stop and 5 under the speed limit in their little dirtwater town, and not had a problem until this little incident. Pretty funny though, after I drove off I thought, Damn that was funny but also maybe stupid. LOL
If I was not alone I could not of done it without my passenger needing to change his or her pants.:mad::bounce:
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-1-2015 at 11:05 PM

More than likely. I have a pretty damn sharp memory for things like cops who shake me down for money. However, I can't be certain since the photo quality is poor at best. I would imagine that a city the size of Constitucion only has a handful of transitos.

Again, why would I or Kip go to the trouble of fabricating something like this? There were aspects of Kip's story that rubbed me the wrong way, but I have no doubt that it's real. I'll quote you here for a second --

I don't understand the 'shoot the messenger' mentality that crops up on this forum. Seems like some of you need to get out from behind your keyboards and travel around a bit.

Without calling anybody a liar, and I believe I only said some parts of the story sounded exaggerated, specifically the 3000 license plates, and the fact there are easier ways to shake down gringos.

To answer your question, people lie on the internet all the time, for a number of reasons, and that's just a fact.

You come here and call for a boycott in a place in Mexico or Baja, then some hard questions may be asked especially if things don't tend to make sense in their story. If somebody is truthful, they shouldn't have any problem answering some questions, or clearing up any confusions some people may have.

kiterkip
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 06:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Exactly what was the infraction for? Illegal parking?

Yes, Illegal parking. This was on a side street just around the corner from that Latte/Coffee shop on the main highway. As I believe I mentioned... I arrived at a spot and there was a Mx plated car parked there. He pulled away, I pulled in. As we got out of our cars we nodded to the policeman standing there and he smiled and waved back... only to come into the shop 3 minutes later to tell us we were in trouble.
We were two cars, I was "on the sidewalk" When there is no sidewalk, just dirt. My friend was "parked in the crosswalk" again, nothing but dirt.
kiterkip
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 06:28 AM

Peace out!

OK, I'll bite: Both of our vehicles were stacked surf board, Rocket Boxes, and trailer hitch double bike racks with brand new Mt Bikes. Washington State Plates.
kiterkip
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 06:51 AM

The story seems very plausible, until the end when Kiterkip say," Huh... Oh, and the fine paying room we were in had about 3 thousand confiscated license plates."
Really? Kiterkip was taking photos of everything else. Where is the photos of the 3000 license plates?

Please try to believe this part. I simply neglected to bring my cell phone into the police station. Plus at this point I kindof want to escape hassle-free. Also... WE ARE NOW INSIDE the police station. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but: Is it permitted in US Police Stations, Court Houses, Govt Buildings? Potentially this could have blown up in my face.

There are also a few other problems with the story, from what I know about corrupt Mexican cops.

In the story there is no hint of asking for a bribe from the implied alleged corrupt cop(s) that supposedly removed Kiterkip's license plate, and then came in the restaurant and said in bad English, "teekeets" and then later took out the handcuffs.

Excuse if my post implies a "bribe attempt". None were made, but what was less that honorable was that the police office talked to us as we exited our vehicles and said no more than "Buenos Dias"

BTW the ""teekeets"statement is really uncalled for, especially since Kiterkip said," at some point we demanded an English speaking translator," at the police station. Did the Mexican cops make fun of Kiterkip's Spanish?

OK, You got me here. Noted, this was crappy cultural comment on my part. I was a bit angry as I typed my entry. And this entire incident WAS an argument with 6 rude police officers

So is the whole police station at, Ciudad Constitution, corrupt, and they work as a team? Why didn't the corrupt cop make it easy on everybody and just hint for a bribe up front? If the alleged Mexican cop is corrupt, why not take his share right away, and if he works as a team, just pass up the bribe money up the chain of command at the police station. Better, yet, why didn't he ask for a bribe, and keep all the pesos or dollars for himself, or share with his buddy cop?

It just seems like a lot of trouble to go through, especially when they're going through the legal motions, and then at the end, the "smoking guns" of evidence is right there, the 3000 license plates, the police station, supposedly keeps right there in the "fine payment office," where one day state or federal officials might find.

Who knows if the story is true or not, or just parts exaggerated, but I would never boycott a place in Mexico, just because a person has a story to tell on the internet or some anonymous travel board.

Tell, the story, and if others are telling the same story, there might be problems at a certain place in Mexico, but the the calls for a boycott are a bit silly if you ask me.

It is all true. Maybe it's not so much "corruption" in this particular incident... but IHMO clearly a methodology of enticement and trapping otherwise WHY wouldn't the police officer who smiled and greeted us as we parked our vehicle inform us of the improper parking? Additionally I will clearly state that once we came back to our cars, and there were 6 officers there... it was a all aggressive chest pounding on their part. Am I being too sensitive? Probably.

[Edited on 1-2-2015 by kiterkip]

[Edited on 1-2-2015 by kiterkip]
kiterkip
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 07:08 AM

Without calling anybody a liar, and I believe I only said some parts of the story sounded exaggerated, specifically the 3000 license plates, and the fact there are easier ways to shake down gringos.

To answer your question, people lie on the internet all the time, for a number of reasons, and that's just a fact.

You come here and call for a boycott in a place in Mexico or Baja, then some hard questions may be asked especially if things don't tend to make sense in their story. If somebody is truthful, they shouldn't have any problem answering some questions, or clearing up any confusions some people may have.

Again, I'm NOT LYING Maybe a tiny bit shrill... OK. I did not use the word Boycott. I think when I used the term "Avoid" it simply meant take the side road/street I had heard about here on BN.. as well as just move through and do your shopping somewhere else. Gee... I guess this can be read as "boycott".
Did I mention that Francisco, the uber nice police officer/English translator at the station said... and I quote "It's just my boss's, you should go to some other town next time"
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 07:31 AM

Dont fret the Mexico apologists, Kip. They actually dont spend much time down here, like the rest of us. They dont know the reality of Mexico.

Poor Joe is apparently being held captive in his hated Occupied Aztlan and cant even make it to his Nirvana, TJ.

And Goat wonders why the CC cops never shake him down, while he rides by on his bike. :lol:
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 07:53 AM

thanks for clarifying your infraction. I remember when many people complained about the problem there and it improved somewhat so seems its time to do that again to remind the government of the problem.

That being said...I would like to mention something to our visitors. Being someone who lives in Baja, I can tell you that tourists very often park illegally, then get irate when they get a ticket. This is generally out of ignorance of the law and significance of paint on the curb dictating the parking situation. But I see many people parked the wrong way on the street as they just think..this is Mexico...so what? They make illegal U-turns and other traffic no no's and can be ticketed...as well as Mexicans doing the same thing. Now...in fairness...sometimes a gringo will get an infraction when a local may not...depending on the local's relationship with the police and town...which is not really unfair...for example my husband fixes all the police radios for free so perhaps they will allow him to park for a moment while getting a 6 pack...(not a real scenario as Juan is always mindful of legal parking...but just an example to explain why a mexican may not get ticketed when you do.)

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.