Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Conception Bay Cottage
Bajatrvlr

[*] posted on 12-31-2004 at 11:21 AM
Conception Bay Cottage

Completely equipped 700 sq. ft. enclosed Palapa with sewer and water at Playa Naranjo. It comes with a 14ft Greggor fishing boat with 21 in. transom, rods and reels, solar equipment, generator, 3 new sets of wind surfing boards/sails, ocean kayak w/all the stuff.

I?m doing this for my neighbor who doesn?t have a computer. He?s given me a list of things that go with the palapa that is too long to include here. Suffice it to say, it?s a turnkey deal. Illness forces the sale of this one of a kind beachfront palapa.

I have 2 pictures which are too large for this post...I'll try reducing them and repost later.

Please contact the owner directly:
Ted Bailey
360-898-2868
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-31-2004 at 12:21 PM

Here is the site where this is located...

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~playaframbes/naranjos.htm

Good luck:yes::yes:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 12-31-2004 at 12:53 PM
Bajatrvlr...

Which palapa # is this? From the southern end, we are #8, and are going down in about two weeks...can maybe help spread the word...

OK, I see it's Ted & Mary's palapa, which is just south of the 'point' in the middle of Armando's Resort. As I recall, Ted did a lot of work inside their palapa, and it's a great place on the beach. They have been going there for years, sorry to hear they have to give it up...Ted has lots of Baja stories to relate!

Pictures would be nice to add to your post, when available to show all the goodies, and the great views of the Bahia down there...we're looking forward to wiggling our toes in the sand again soon!

[Edited on 31-12-2004 by Mexray]

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
Bajatrvlr

[*] posted on 12-31-2004 at 03:04 PM
Ray?

Is this Ray as in Battery Ray?

Radio Bob
Bajatrvlr

[*] posted on 12-31-2004 at 03:06 PM
Oops!

Make that Ray and Carol...Yes?
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-1-2005 at 07:36 AM
Palapa for sale....

I was wondering if maybe this is the 'cottage' palapa for sale at Naranjo beach? Went by here the other day while headed out fishing at the Point. Some friends from Oregon had built it a few years back and then sold. Wondered if maybe the new owners were reselling.

Hope everyone over at playas Naranjo and Arena had a nice New Year's feast..and no hangovers! Maybe you saw our fireworks over here at Coyote Bay?

Here is a photo of the palapa I mentioned...and an older one of the beach many years ago.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2005 at 08:25 AM

Sounds like the one Al and Audrie had there a few years back. He was a fisherman and she a wind surfer. Nice palapa if thats the one.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Bajatrvlr

[*] posted on 1-1-2005 at 10:07 AM
No and No...

Roger,
No it's not David and Cinzia's...

Bajalou,
Not Al and Audrey's (it burned down). However, It's just about in between both of those.

Bob
Mexray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2005 at 01:12 PM
Lets see....

BajaTrvlr...Radio Bob...

Yes, this is Ray & Pat (American Battery in Stockton) from Palapa #8...we moved from the 'Haystack' (#11) palapa across from the 'Officina', last March. BTW...do you know if Armando tore down the 'Haystack' palapa this year? He said he was going to remove it, as it was the only one that was set-back more than the others, and had that high back to it...? guess we'll find out when we get there in a few weeks.

Pompano...that's a nice picture..it's actually what we used to call palapa #20, and was formally 'owned' by David & Cinzia of Oregon. I believe they sold in 2003, as there was a lady, new to the beach now living there when we arrived on the beach last Feb...alas, we met her, but I guess we didn't record her name, etc.

Bajalou...I believe Al & Audre were in Palapa #13, and it burned down in 2001, and wasn't rebuilt.

Floods, fires, and removals by Armando have changed the placements of palapas there on the beach. The palapa numbers start at the south end of the beach, as #1, etc.

Ted & Mary's (the one for 'sale') was referred to as palapa #17.

There is a 'new' palapa (#16) built (late 2003) just to the south of Ted's...

Palapa #18 which would be to the north of Ted's was removed in 2001.

The next one to the north, palapa #19 is (was) occupied by Loren & Laura.

The next palapa to the north, #20 is the one in Pompano's picture.

I know I've got pic's of the palapas around somewhere, I'll see if I can find any on a disc and post if I do.

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2005 at 03:11 PM
Just out of curiosity

What general price range do these fall into? Do they come with 10 year leases? How much/tear?

Thanks for your information.

[Edited on 1-1-2005 by Mike Humfreville]
Mexray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2005 at 03:53 PM
I think this might be Ted's Palapa...

Here is a pic I dug out of my files...

...Mike Humfreville: The owner of Playa los Naranjos; Armando Naranjos & his wife, 'lease' their palapas by the year (about $2200).

As with other Campos, if you roll into their place and rent an empty palapa for a few days or weeks - you pay a daily fee.

If you wish to take over the palapa on a permanent basis (by the year) you pay them the annual fee, and move in. You can do pretty much what you want with the palapa, and lock it up with your stuff inside when you leave. The owners live there year-round, and things are secure.

Most annual 'renters' customize their palapas inside to suit their needs. However - like most places, the improvements you make that are 'nailed' down, become the property of the campo owners, and stay with the palapa when you leave...IE, if you install cabinets, walls, windows, etc.

'Renters' can 'sell' their palapa's loose furnishings, etc. and 'improvements' to any willing new annual 'renter'...but the campo owner usually gets a small 'bite' that should be worked out before one lays down any $'s...

This is GREAT place on Bahia Concepci?n, and fell in love with it on our first visit, years ago. It's a bit farther to travel than BOLA, of course, but has it's own 'flavor'...and Mulege is only 10 miles away. This Playa, being a couple of miles off Hwy 1, on a nice graded dirt road, is far enough away to be quiet, and almost 'isolated'. The owners keep their campo spotless, dump the garbage, haul in the fresh water for the showers & 'flushies', and even rake the beach of 'sea grasses' after a storm washes the stuff ashore!

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2005 at 05:01 PM

Thanks, Ray.

A variation on the theme throughout Baja. And it sounds reasonable.

I've said this elsewhere. My current thinking is that we'll spend about half of our retirement time in Baja. If I'm going to do that, I would be willing to buy or build improvements more than if we were going to use them for vacation only. To me that only makes sense.

But if I'm going to have a more costly home in Baja, I can't look at it as a throwaway investment (it's Miguelitos and Kevins inheritance).

Thus, I may want to "own" the land.

Reading between the words in your last post, I know what you are saying: the land owner wants to participate in the profit. It makes perfect sense.

When I plug that same idea into land purchases in the USA, though, it gets complex. Up here, when you sell land you give up any right to anything that happens after the sale. That's not quite what's happening in Baja.

As a specific example, I have a Baja friend in the area where I'm looking who has said I could buy a piece of land from him. But he's hesitant just a bit. Since he's my friend I don't want to take advantage of him or enter into a small community where I introduce myself by taking advantage of another. And yet, if I'm going to spend, say, $50,000 building a house, I don't want to lose it.

What can I do? I thought about this for some time. Maybe I could offer him a percentage of my profit if I sell downstream? But what if I don't sell? My intention is to leave this place to my children. Maybe I could have an appraisel done annually and somehow share the profits with him? How badly would then muck up the official paperwork, which is already sketchy?

I know this is not the theme of this thread but I have been trying to find some way to allow the seller to win when I win without complicating things. I am, after all, the foreigner.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Mexray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2005 at 05:49 PM
That's a tough one, Mike

Personally, at this point in my life, I don't think I wish to 'invest' any more $ than I can afford to 'walk away' from in Mexico.

I know there are lots of people that invest real $'s and go the Bank Trust routine in order to 'own' their piece of paradise on the Mexican coast. It's just not for me...if banks won't loan much on property like this, there must be too much doubt in someones that the 'investment' isn't all that secure.

Below the border, I like the idea of being a 'renter', so I can easily dispose of my small holdings, should I change my mind and wish to go elsewhere...like in an urn upon the mantle!

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2005 at 06:38 PM

Mike,

We looked at the Bay of LA but it was a little too cold in the winter for us...Mulege is much nicer in our opinion.

The Naranjos are our neighbors and run a tight ship. Everything is secure.

I'm pretty sure Armando is selling some lots on the side nearer ours that may go in a trust....but I'm not positive. He did stake them all out.

He does have the concession to the beach...I saw it.

This is a great community....

Actually one of the ex-Mayors of Catalina Island spends his winters here in one of the palapas.:yes::yes:

Come on down....

our website is:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 1-2-2005 at 08:01 AM
renting is the way to go.....Mexray is smart.

why risk loss? even bank trusts have been challenged down the road. If you want secure investments that can grow put your money in the USA and leave it there. put only in mex what you can afford to lose and walk away undamaged.
you get a lot for your money in safe rentals. Look for deals where if you do improve the vertical structure sitting on a lease, then you can "sell" the structure's improvements to the new lessee when you bail, and a kick goes to the land owner - big deal, lots of friends of mine have done it at palapa land type places.

i plan on the same thing at my place at Serenidad RV park. I'll enclose it like my friends there have done with theirs over the years, and when ever i want out someone will pay me for the improvements and take over Don's lease. A sweet deal for all, and i don't have to deal with taxes and bank trust mgmt fees .

The only way i would buy a lot is if it were big and i could divide it. but that would mean i would be in business......Bob and Susan have a very neat concept on how to do it big and keep it non commercial, that would be fun too.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bajatrvlr

[*] posted on 1-2-2005 at 09:16 AM
That's it...

Ray,
That is the right palapa....and wonder of wonders, it shows the boat. I talked to Mary and they are planing to go down in Feb. to pick up a few things. Also, I hadn't included the price. Ted's asking $10,000. I believe there's that much in new wind surfing equipment alone.
Also, Ted's a carpenter by trade and that place is really nice. Much better than any of the other palapas on the beach (in my oppinion).

Bob
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2005 at 12:18 PM

I agree, Pompano!
Why would you want to live someplace in which you didnt feel comfortable investing.
Although I did not buy my place as an investment rather as my retirement home, now that the new marina is coming in here all I can do is think of it as an investment. Hopefully when we sell we can find a place to get back to what we had......a rural Mexican barrio complete with goats, chickens, burros, horses and lotsa rancho music!
If you are thinking about buying...do it. The prices will not be going any lower.
Adios

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-3-2005 at 04:44 PM
Questions about Naranjo

I was there at Thanksgiving, but.....

Are the showers in the banos heated? It seemed not when we were there.

It seems like it could be very succeptible to wind there. Like, launch and retrieve the boat each day. Is that so?

I liked the looks of the anchorage area down by Playa Arena area but I had heard that issues had risen over the ownership in that community. Believe it had to do with the landowner not paying taxes. Anyone else heard this?
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2005 at 05:18 PM

Here is the answer....

Common Showers are not heated....you can but a tankless heater for your spot for $500 that runs on propane.

It can get windy...sometimes...but mostly nice.

I launched my Wellcraft 23 ft over the beach...no problems. Lots of people do it.
Armando has a BIG truck and will help if you get in trouble.

I anchored my boat in front daily without problems.

Armando and Delia have been there 30 years. They pay their taxes and have the beach concession.

Their son is the President of the local Edijo....they have incredible say so and the son will be a Senator next year.

You will have NO Problems here

our website is:
Barney
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2005 at 10:54 PM

Bob, Susan, My wife and I live in Upland also. We have been to Baja several times and are inderested in putting together a vacation home in Punta Chivato area. I would like to give you my phone number through email, and call me if you are interested. I would be very grateful to get first hand info on the subject from someone in the know. My email is twobarnys@aol. Thank you. Jerry
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.