Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Place to stay in Loreto
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2015 at 08:52 PM
Place to stay in Loreto

In La Paz but need to pick a friend up in Loreto and will be spending one night before returning south. Any ideas
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2015 at 08:56 PM

Take a lot of money:light:

We stayed at Hotel Oasis. http://www.hoteloasis.com/
Nice place but seriously, every meal we had in town was extremely expensive.

[Edited on 1-16-2015 by Bajaboy]

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2015 at 08:59 PM

we always stay at the El Dorado. one block up from the malecon, clean and affordable
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 01:03 AM

best all around in town----Coco Cabanas

http://cococabanasloreto.com/
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 01:57 AM

When hoteling there, I've stayed at La Hacienda, the 2nd large hotel entering town on the right. Average prices, nice pool-side bar, and they have a breakfast buffet (and menu I think?). Next door is El Nido steakhouse, pricey but worth the effort. I always order (custom 1/2 & 1/2 order) of Piernas de Rana (froglegs) and Gordoniz (quail) done to absolute perfection. Their wine cellar is stocked with reserve wines, a bottle will cost you same as your dinner, but if you don't finish it (unlike in the States) you take the rest home with you.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 10:26 AM

What price range do you want to spend? That makes all the difference, just like anywhere.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 10:53 AM

Damiana Inn

Two blocks from malecon, across the street from the town square. Great hosts.

http://www.ladamianainn.com/

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 11:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by danaeb  
Damiana Inn

Two blocks from malecon, across the street from the town square. Great hosts.

http://www.ladamianainn.com/

Looks great... I can not recall if it was La Damiana or Iguana Inn that was recommended but closed for summer as we discovered when we stayed in Loreto...? We stayed at Coco Cabanas, as they are open in summer (big fisherman time). The pool and landscape at Coco Cabanas was great... the room was like a 1960's roadside motel with kitchen... nice but a bit pricey at $80 (in 2009). It did the job, none-the-less, and we enjoyed Loreto a lot. Big thanks to Nomad Phil C for showing us around.

I hadn't stayed at Loreto since 1985 (Hotel Mision), or earlier at the Flying Sportsman Lodge (1976), or at the Playa Loreto (1973) which became a Las Pintas hotel.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cappy
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 12:28 PM

El Tiburon Super clean, safe parking. Nice pool. Casitas with kitchens
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 07:13 PM

my vote for the coco cabanas too

we have always met very interesting folks there

nice selection of movies and books

the pool is so relaxing

spotlessly clean and the garden is so beautiful (now you know why I like it so much!)

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2015 at 09:42 PM

Hola baja Steve,

MYSELF AND DIFFERENT FRIENDS HAVE STAYED AT HOTEL ANGRA IN LORETO AND IT'S A NEWER AND NICEST BOUTIQUE HOTEL WITH RATES BETTER THAN THE OTHER BIG HOTELS. HOTEL ANGRA'S ROOMS ARE SUPER SPACIOUS AND EXTREMELY CLEAN WITH KING SIZE BEDS, SATELLITE TV, WIFI, AND THE MOST WONDERFUL AND ACCOMODATING ENGLISH SPEAKING HOSTS. LARGE SECURED PARKING AND A COFFEE SHOP. THE LOCATION IS VERY QUIET AS WELL. A DEFINITE 10 ++ OVERALL, THERE IS NO COMPARISON ! TWO STORY WITH DOME AND ARCHED ENTRYWAY. NO VERY HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES DUE TO ARCHED ENTRY Ana Carranza, ana.carranza@hotelangra.com, www.hotelangra.com Phone: 6131351172

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

bajorge

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 07:54 AM

X2 on Hotel Angra. Believe there pet friendly as well. Ana speaks english. A couple of blocks right down the street to the historical district.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 08:53 AM

I guess all caps makes it better. Just kidding ya,,,

pls tell me though, I see this in a variety of places, why a English speaking hotel manager in Mexico makes it better.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 08:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

pls tell me though, I see this in a variety of places, why a English speaking hotel manager in Mexico makes it better.

Seriously? Being able to communicate needs, wants, concerns, advice isn't important between a hotel manager and a hotel paying guest?

Here in the United States, being able to speak Spanish is a big plus for may job openings (when there were job openings).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 09:07 AM

Guess I never had that big a problem communicating at a Hotel. And the question was how it made it better...not how it was better for people who could not communicate.

Yes, all other things being equal I guess it could be an advantage...although I have seen some nasty expat owned hotels.

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Seriously? Being able to communicate needs, wants, concerns, advice isn't important between a hotel manager and a hotel paying guest?

Here in the United States, being able to speak Spanish is a big plus for may job openings (when there were job openings).

[Edited on 1-17-2015 by rts551]
bajorge

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 05:08 PM

rts551 Your kidding right? Never arrived late after a 7 hour drive with a vehicle that should be looked at after a tope/pothole cracked something? Or the meds your bringing to a friend should be refrigerated for the night before your on your way tomorrow. Or maybe you just want to know where to get the best margarita close by so you can chill and enjoy the evening. Or maybe your pet needs a vet. NOW! You can spend a lot of time with limited spanish trying to fix something or get help. A hotel desk clerk/owner/manager that speaks your language and is HAPPY to help is worth promoting. I guess I should chill a little, but Ana put a lot of work into learning english. When I've put the equivalent into learning spanish I hope I can help someone who doesn't speak english when it's my turn.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 06:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
When hoteling there, I've stayed at La Hacienda, the 2nd large hotel entering town on the right. Average prices, nice pool-side bar, and they have a breakfast buffet (and menu I think?). Next door is El Nido steakhouse, pricey but worth the effort. I always order (custom 1/2 & 1/2 order) of Piernas de Rana (froglegs) and Gordoniz (quail) done to absolute perfection. Their wine cellar is stocked with reserve wines, a bottle will cost you same as your dinner, but if you don't finish it (unlike in the States) you take the rest home with you.

I believe you are referring to Hotel Hacienda Suites. As you mentioned, it is basically the second hotel on the right. It is family run. Always wondered what kind of financial damage they incurred when the Villa Group opened up next door.

Anyway, we almost always stay at Hacienda suites. After a long day's drive, I don't feel like getting back in the car to drive to dinner. A long time staple in Loreto right next door is Domingo's Place. It was once one of the El Nido chain of restaurants in Baja. Domingo is a family member. Vast menu. You can get almost anything there from Mesquite broiled steaks to a wide variety of seafood. And, as the Buddha mentioned, the breakfast buffet, included in the room rate is quite good.
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 06:29 PM

Hola rts551,

i forgot to include in my post that the referral to HOTEL ANGRA is a copy and paste from my list of hotels.

SORRY !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 06:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajorge  
rts551 Your kidding right? Never arrived late after a 7 hour drive with a vehicle that should be looked at after a tope/pothole cracked something? Or the meds your bringing to a friend should be refrigerated for the night before your on your way tomorrow. Or maybe you just want to know where to get the best margarita close by so you can chill and enjoy the evening. Or maybe your pet needs a vet. NOW! You can spend a lot of time with limited spanish trying to fix something or get help. A hotel desk clerk/owner/manager that speaks your language and is HAPPY to help is worth promoting. I guess I should chill a little, but Ana put a lot of work into learning english. When I've put the equivalent into learning spanish I hope I can help someone who doesn't speak english when it's my turn.

I guess, but with even with limited Spanish each of the above questions would not be too tough. You obviously know these people and are defending the Hotel. I commend her on her learning of another language. We should all d the same. You are right , when visiting Mexico it is nice to put in a little time to learn their language.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2015 at 06:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT  
Hola rts551,

i forgot to include in my post that the referral to HOTEL ANGRA is a copy and paste from my list of hotels.

SORRY !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

no problem. thought it funny is all. I can see how that would happen with cut and paste.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.