BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Place to stay in Loreto
BajaLiz

[*] posted on 6-8-2015 at 03:12 PM

Best Casitas are El Tiburon Casitas just up from the Marina. Depends on what you want to spend and what amenities you want or needs---- Tiburon has great location, pool, internet and free bikes. parking behind gates. Full kitchens, open all year. about 100 bucks a night, 2 night minimum. Worth it if you want something nice!
www.eltiburoncasitas.com
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-8-2015 at 03:30 PM

How about La Pinta, if that's hat it is still called. Even though a room may have been pricey last time I was fishing down there with my 2 buddies, it had 3 double beds and the cost split 3 ways wasn't that bad.

Bob Durrell
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2015 at 04:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
How about La Pinta, if that's hat it is still called. Even though a room may have been pricey last time I was fishing down there with my 2 buddies, it had 3 double beds and the cost split 3 ways wasn't that bad.

That place is a conundrum to me because it sits on some excellent beachfront, but is quite long in the tooth.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 6-8-2015 at 06:34 PM

I think you are being kind saying the Desert Inn (Was La Pinta) is a little long in the tooth. Nice pool though. Nothing wrong with the place it's just that there are so many other selections that are better.
I rarely see any cars there and I refer to the place as the Deserted Inn.

Nobody brought up the nicest place in Loreto, La Mission which is located on the Malecon. It's pricy, around $150 a night but you can usually negotiate at the front desk for a rate of around $130. I refer to it "it's like it's an elevator in an outhouse, it just doesn't belong!" What I mean by that is that it is way to nice for Loreto. :biggrin: It's got to be at least a 3 to 4 star rated hotel. Great Happy Hour.
If you want to spend the bucks, you won't be disappointed.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2015 at 07:46 PM

Howard, I am with you! La Mission, 4 star and worth the money.
Desert inn has been ok:( If you are only there for the bed!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2015 at 08:11 PM

We just booked here. But we'll stay a couple days down at Tripui near Escondido also.

[Edited on 6-9-2015 by JZ]
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 04:53 PM

My feeling is that if you are just doing an overnight, and you don't have to be on the water. there are a few other choices.

First of all, and I am not a fan of the Villa Group, The Hotel Santa Fe on the way into town is every bit as good as the La Mission as far as amenities go. They are built out as timeshare units, so there is a kitchen in each unit.

That said, just across the street from there is the Hacienda Suites which is a family owned and run hotel. Great pool, and complimentary breakfast.

And in between these two properties is Domingo's Place, once an El Nido, before the family squabbled and they split up the chain.
BajaLiz

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 07:08 PM

If you want big, and a restaurant and sports bar , La Mision is nice. Parling on street.
But El Tiburon Casitas is a gated compound with secure parking for you truck or kayaks on the truck, and full kitchens if you like to stay in to cook. Quiet and small if that is what you want. Ultra clean and good internet, free phone calls. Can walk everywhere in town and to the beach and Marina. Better for longer stays for sure!
Tripui is not in Loreto (FYI)- Puerto escondido.
Hotel Santa Fe is near Hwy 1 and a ways from the water and plaza square and popular restaurants and ice cream stores, Orlandos, etc.
tanagertravels

[*] posted on 3-10-2021 at 09:27 AM
Hotel Angra in Loreto

Do you know if the parking arch allows for a normal truck to pass through? Also do you know what their cancellation policy is?

Thanks
bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 3-10-2021 at 03:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tanagertravels  
Do you know if the parking arch allows for a normal truck to pass through? Also do you know what their cancellation policy is?

Thanks

As for the clearance of their arch yes i drove me Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with a Quad in the bed through there no problem. As for the cancellation policy I'm not sure but they are very accommodating folks.

[Edited on 3-11-2021 by BajaNomad]
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 03:30 AM

Hola,

yes, a normal truck is just fine. they do have a large parking area and they lock the gates at night. if you need to leave extra early, just advise them and they will acomodate you.

don't know what their cancellation policy is but if you are thinking about canceling, give it some thought as businesses in mexico are struggling just like they are here. it hurts a lot more financially especially to very nice folks like ana, who go out of their way to please their customers.

BIEN SALUD,

DA RAT

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 11:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
My feeling is that if you are just doing an overnight, and you don't have to be on the water. there are a few other choices.

First of all, and I am not a fan of the Villa Group, The Hotel Santa Fe on the way into town is every bit as good as the La Mission as far as amenities go. They are built out as timeshare units, so there is a kitchen in each unit.

That said, just across the street from there is the Hacienda Suites which is a family owned and run hotel. Great pool, and complimentary breakfast.

And in between these two properties is Domingo's Place, once an El Nido, before the family squabbled and they split up the chain.

I've stayed at Santa Fe a half dozen times. It's nice and very affordable.

It's not in the same zip code as La Mision though. La Mision is definitely a 4 star place.

[Edited on 3-11-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.