Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  9
Author: Subject: POPE FRANCIS PLANS TO CANONIZE FRAY JUNIPERO SERRA
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2015 at 07:06 PM

Cisco, you're gonna burn in hell. We all know you're just choosing not to believe in a god so you can keep on sinning.

JK :D

The word atheist has a ton of baggage for the average god believer. Their pastors tell them we are fools. They think we are satanic, immoral, wretched beings, when in fact, we just don't believe in a god. We aren't turning our back on god. How can you turn your back on something you don't believe exists?

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2015 at 07:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mexitron  

Us animal eaters will soon have our flesh and eat it too---they're getting laboratory raised steaks tastier all the time---a few companies working on them---real meat but muscles grown en masse without the conscious overlord being whisked away.

I once asked dad what he thought of artificial insemination (he was in his 70's by then). His response was:

"Old method is better"
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-10-2015 at 07:41 PM

One day a zoo-keeper noticed that the orangutan was reading two books - the Bible and Darwin's Origin of Species.

Surprised, he asked the ape, "Why are you reading both those books?"

"Well," said the orangutan, "I just wanted to know if I was my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother."

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

lol.gif posted on 2-10-2015 at 07:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Quote: Originally posted by Mexitron  

Us animal eaters will soon have our flesh and eat it too---they're getting laboratory raised steaks tastier all the time---a few companies working on them---real meat but muscles grown en masse without the conscious overlord being whisked away.

I once asked dad what he thought of artificial insemination (he was in his 70's by then). His response was:

"Old method is better"

LOL big time. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2015 at 08:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Cisco, you're gonna burn in hell. We all know you're just choosing not to believe in a god so you can keep on sinning.

JK :D

The word atheist has a ton of baggage for the average god believer. Their pastors tell them we are fools. They think we are satanic, immoral, wretched beings, when in fact, we just don't believe in a god. We aren't turning our back on god. How can you turn your back on something you don't believe exists?

BUSTED!!! :lol:

So much going on and it's been soo long that my memory bank is overdrawn but isn't there some place in-between first?

Like purga...or purge...or...

"The Gates of Hell" Rodin's unfinished, decades long in construction so it was not needed for the original project is exhibited at Stanford.

It is one of seven recreated bronze from the original in the world.

I spend hours looking at it when at Stanford and I'm sure that when I get there (HELL) I will be able to enjoy trying to figure it out for eternity, so, there's an "up" side to everything I guess.

The Cantor Arts Center has over a hundred exhibits, mostly bronze, of Rodin's works and is well worth seeing if you are into that type of thing.

Other works also and it's one of the few free museums left. Parking is pay but reasonable and free on Sunday.

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 07:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
It is really sad how negative things have become in the past 6 or so years. We are losing so much hope and faith in the things that used to bring us together as a nation. We are far more divided and polarized. I long for an administration that unites our country instead of dividing, grouping, 'special interesting' everyone.
It's such a relief to know that all our problems are just a temporary situation that can be reversed by putting another Bush in the WH.:lol: All that war, torture, and financial collapse really united us as a nation, it was the "good ol' days" and we didn't even realize it at the time.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 09:39 AM

No, not a Bush, he was no conservative... but thank God it was him in office when we were attacked and not some apologizing leftist.

After the current guy, we need another Reagan to heal and unite the country.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 11:24 AM

No, not a Bush, he was no conservative... but thank God it was him in office when we were attacked and not some apologizing leftist.

Yeah, thank God we had GW to bury the evidence that the Saudis were behind the attack and fabricate evidence to justify invading a country that had absolutely nothing to do with it. God forbid we would have had someone in office who might have gone after the people who were actually responsible.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 11:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  

Yeah, thank God we had GW to bury the evidence that the Saudis were behind the attack and fabricate evidence to justify invading a country that had absolutely nothing to do with it. God forbid we would have had someone in office who might have gone after the people who were actually responsible.

Ah yes, Bush was so good at all of this -- two wars that should have never happened, and then they were not funded, and totally mismanaged. Yes, Bush was a jewel. He even looked in to the eyes of Putin and saw that he had a good heart.

BTW-- Obama is far from a leftist. He is much more of a centrist and thank god he thinks things through before engaging the total war machine. Then again, he doesn't have a VP who would stand to become wealthy through the war contracts given to Halliburton.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 11:58 AM

in all fairness this thread is about the pope!;)

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 12:24 PM

Ah, to wear rose colored glasses and sing kum Ba Yah as the country falls, with more people without full time jobs than when St. Barry was anointed and more on Food Stamps... surely the great nation envisioned by our Forefathers?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 01:13 PM

Ah, to wear rose colored glasses and sing kum Ba Yah as the country falls, with more people without full time jobs than when St. Barry was anointed and more on Food Stamps... surely the great nation envisioned by our Forefathers?
I shouldn't have to point out that there were a lot more people on food stamps and without full time jobs when GWB exited office than when he entered. There were also a lot more American soldiers who were dead or maimed for life as well as a couple of hundred thousand less Iraqis and a completely destabilized middle east. Yep, those were the good old days!

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 01:21 PM

not taking sides here, just playing devils advocate. what about letting Egypt fall and turn into a mess. what about failing to do anything in Libya when they gave up their nukes-it's a garden spot these days. how about Yemen which our feckless leader called a "true bright spot" which just had our embassy evacuated?

both sides are part of the same equation. it doesn't matter who is in control because the lobbyists pull the strings. quit pointing fingers at each other and lets light the torches and grab the pitchforks and take this country back so that reasonable common sense ideas prevail.

I'm going back to work now! carry on.....

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 02:12 PM

Politics and Religion in the same thread.

A possible response: "Wow! That‟s interesting! How'd you come to that conclusion? Tell me more about what led you to this perspective."

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 02:42 PM

Heard yesterday we've had the best 3 month period of job growth in the last 17 years.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 02:52 PM

Yet another pearl from the Great Oyster. One more and there'll be enough for a necklace.

Who was it who got Bin Laden? Oh yeah, the conservative SEALs (under the current CIC I believe).

DAVID K. & BARRY A. ~ 2016

No offense meant to oysters; at least they can strain out something good from what they take in.....

[Edited on 2-11-2015 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 02:56 PM
Can we get back to the fair friar

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 03:44 PM

Hurrah, Skipjack Joe!

Jeeze that was funny. Oops, I better not say "Jeeze" for fear that some may confuse the phrase for the late, great JC of Bibical fame.
The Inquisition indeed! :lol::lol::lol:

I would like to see a remake of this, casting duh-duh-duh-DK in the Mel Brooks role. :rolleyes:

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 03:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by toneart  
Hurrah, Skipjack Joe!

Jeeze that was funny. Oops, I better not say "Jeeze" for fear that some may confuse the phrase for the late, great JC of Bibical fame.
The Inquisition indeed! :lol::lol::lol:

I would like to see a remake of this, casting duh-duh-duh-DK in the Mel Brooks role. :rolleyes:

Good luck; you can't Torquemada nuthin! :lol:

[Edited on 2-11-2015 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 03:53 PM

Ah, to wear rose colored glasses and sing kum Ba Yah as the country falls,...

David,
What do you sing around the propane ring fire while wearing a welder's helmet? :?:

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.