cerritosguy
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 06:24 PM
assault in los cerritos BCS

[Edited on 1-30-2015 by cerritosguy]
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 06:41 PM

...wow,,that's a lot to digest. I'm glad you are safe and away from that crazy situation now.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 06:53 PM

let it go. scumbags abound.....

Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 07:08 PM

Your landlord sounds like my ex-wife.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 07:01 AM
WTF is going on here ???

its 5:56 AM here and I'm checking BN for good pics,,times,,news and info.....seems like the world or posters are getting crazy !!!
mikerosi

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 08:00 AM

Alright, Cerritosguy....whats the the real story? The whole story? What did you do?
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 09:11 AM
Criminal code...

I am curious about this line:

"There is a provision in the criminal code of Canada that you cannot do a criminal act against another person in another country. So you have a case when you get him. Lawyer up if you can.
People here are still bound by the criminal code of Canada no matter where they go"

Is this true? Enforceable? Who would you contact?

Could someone familiar (Canadian) explain this might work in this day and age?

Thanks in advance,
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 10:02 AM

do I understand correctly that the landlord is/was Canadian?

and boy, what a crazy world indeed - tip your wheelchair??????!!!!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 10:12 AM

Horrible story. Sorry to hear.

I am upset to hear that Lewis Y Lewis is being a PIA. I've used them for years, but never actually had to file a claim.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 10:17 AM

Maybe they do not want to get in the middle of a spat.
me2zoomie

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 10:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by cerritosguy  
december 29th 2014 at 10:00 pm sleeping in my RV i was awaked to someone banging very hard on my RV..turns out its my new landlord..she demanded i leave her property over $150..she then blocked the exit with a cube van all the while yelling obscenities at me.. i got out of bed went outside to see the damage she left in the form of deep scratches in the paint of my slideout..i could not get the police on the phone so i grabbed some wire cutters from my car and then went over to where she blocked me from leaving.. i began to cut the fence so i could drive my car to the police station..it was then she appeared and pepper sprayed me and then pushed me out of my wheelchair onto the ground and began to drag my chair away throwing the seat cushion aside and basically tried to break my chair..during the commotion my neighbors got up and were able to rescue me..they told her to move the van as it was a hazard for others in an emergency..we all then went to bed

i contacted lewis and lewis ins to make a claim for the scratches on my slide out..a week later they contacted me and said call the numbers provided immediately..i did..spent 30 minutes on hold untill i was cut off..this happened a few times..untill i ran out of time on my mex cell..the next day with phone recharged i tried again..finally i was talking to someone!..i got a report number before the call was dropped again..luckily the agent called me back and told me to wait untill an adjuster from cabo would contact me..i waited all day..no call.. a week later a a few emails from lewis an lewis i called again and got hold of an agent who said he would meet me in the morning at 9am..i went to the meeting spot and waited an hour before finally giving up and went to get some gas for my quad..i got a call while i was getting gas and said to the agent i will be back at the arranged spot in 30 minutes..i went and sat for another hour..no calls nothing..i have emailed lewis and lewis a few times and no response..i even sent a google map of where i have been waiting..so far nothing..needless to say..im very frustrated..oh and for everybody's info RE: the assault..my bro inlaw who is RCMP said this in an email..

There is a provision in the criminal code of Canada that you cannot do a criminal act against another person in another country. So you have a case when you get him. Lawyer up if you can.
People here are still bound by the criminal code of Canada no matter where they go
the big concern i have right now is this woman is going to come back and do more damage (i have moved away from her property) but now she knows she has gotten away with what she did for now..i mean at least there is a record of this in the emails back and forth to lewis and lewis..if this was an emergency and had real problem i would be ..screwed..ill never insure with lewis and lewis again

anyways thanks for the venue to vent a little

Perhaps you should have paid your bill. Perhaps you should have forgotten the wire cutters. Perhaps your landlady is not the only problem here.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 10:58 AM
only 1 side of this story...

but a pretty horrible side. Sorry to hear this.

Cerritosguy- Can you (or anyone else) provide more Information? Was this a private residence rent dispute? Or an RV park to avoid at all costs?

Not sure what Nomads can do to help, but Cerritosguy could help prevent this in future by providing some details.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 11:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

I think that there is probably a lot more to this story, but over 20+ years we have seen many Americans and Canadians ripped off in Baja by other Americans and Canadians. Often, they are rather sociopathic and moved to Baja because they could no longer operate north of the border.
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 11:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

I think that there is probably a lot more to this story, but over 20+ years we have seen many Americans and Canadians ripped off in Baja by other Americans and Canadians. Often, they are rather sociopathic and moved to Baja because they could no longer operate north of the border.

Exactly! I have been defrauded by a Canadian who probably plans on fleeing back to Canada when the authorities finally close in. I would like to know about the Canadian Criminal Code applying to their citizens who commit crimes while abroad.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 12:03 PM

Definitely more to this story. Sounds like the woman figured the subject owed her 150 bucks. (Rent maybe?) She then blocked the exit so the subject couldn't split without coughing up? Pounding on the RV slideout with her bare hands wouldn't cause much damage. A crowbar or other hard object could, however. Subject then escalated the situation by attempting to vandalize her property by cutting up her fence. It would be interesting to hear the real story.
SpumoneHi

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 07:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by akmaxx  

"There is a provision in the criminal code of Canada that you cannot do a criminal act against another person in another country. So you have a case when you get him. Lawyer up if you can.
People here are still bound by the criminal code of Canada no matter where they go"

Thanks in advance,

I am Canadian and I have never heard of anything like this. Which court would you even go to in order to process/ follow up on this. Unless you had a lawyer that was licensed in both countries, it would be difficult to prosecute. The legal fees alone to follow up would probably more than the damage on his rig. I didn't understand about the $150 and also why was the lady banging on your door. Was there a misunderstanding about something?

Personally, if this incident was unprovoked then forget the crazy lady and move on and get your damages fixed. Hopefully you are covered and all things will be put right.

SpumoneHi

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 08:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by akmaxx  

Thanks in advance,

I was curious myself and all I could find about the Canadian government was the following link which states that Canadians that experience Violent Crimes do have some avenues for help but they will not cover legal fees.

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fund-fina/cj-jp/fund-fond/abroa...

The Canadian charter of rights and freedoms as well as the criminal code only apply within Canadian boundaries.

cerritosguy
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2015 at 08:51 AM

cerritosguy
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2015 at 09:14 AM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.