Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Overview of San Ignacio accommodations
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-23-2015 at 06:08 PM
Overview of San Ignacio accommodations

How about a run-down of the accommodations in San Ignacio? Ballpark pricing and maybe a rating of

barely acceptable
acceptable
good
very good
XLNT

If you want to throw in a value rating, that might be good, too. I have been to some motels that were only acceptable but they were so inexpensive that they were too good a value to pass up.

I have a friend who is coming there in mid-late February and wants to know his options. It's just him and his wife. They are there to do whale watching in San Ignacio lagoon. So, any recommendations on that front would be good, too.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2015 at 06:23 PM

I've only stayed at the Desert Inn or whatever it's called now. It's clean and has a restaurant. I would rate it good.

I also hear the yurts at the Ignacio Springs are good.

I want to hear more about the new hotel that someone posted recently.

I need to make a reservation myself...........

[Edited on 1-24-2015 by Ateo]

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2015 at 09:26 PM

We always stay at the yurts. The food is hard to beat. Remember to sign up for dinner
Juanita's is great for intown experience but I am not sure if she is open...Juanita ?

bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2015 at 06:08 AM

I sometimes stop overnight in San Ignacio when driving down from the States to Loreto. It's easy to get in before sundown. I stay at Rice and Beans. The rooms are acceptable and the food is good. They have a big parking lot to accommodate trailers and boats.
mikeymarlin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2015 at 06:25 AM

stayed at the newer joint called Hotel La Huertas actually VERY nice and very new--- go STRAIGHT past church and you will see sign Mercado La Huerta---check in and pay at market well hidden lol.I think it 500. pesos
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2015 at 07:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  
Juanita's place has baja feng shui.

Several of us were trying to remember the name of this place. All we could come up with was the "blue place" just off the plaza.

Apparently, it is no longer renting rooms, if their website is current.

http://www.casaleree.com/
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 1-24-2015 at 07:20 AM

Looked like the Yerts were closed last October. The road into town looked like a war zone. Desert Inn I think was closed as well. May all be OK by now. I always stayed at Desert Inn (La Pinta)
sd
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2015 at 07:23 AM

I have heard that Juanita's no longer rents rooms.

I have stayed many times at the Yurts - Ignacio Springs. Some use the common bathrooms and showers (extremely clean) and some have private baths.

Gary and Terry run a fantastic place, incredible decor and amazing cooked to order breakfast is included. Relax by the water and boats are free to use for guests.

Nice town square and their daughter has a great restaurant near the square.

Have fun!
TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2015 at 03:57 PM

Baja Oasis Motel is a very inexpensive option in San Ignacio.
We stayed here March 2014 after the couple other hotels were full.

I think the cost was about 400 - 500 pesos.
Its at the southern part of town along Hwy 1.

Next to the road but the road noise wasn't bad at all.

Clean big room with no frills. We'd have no problem staying here again.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2015 at 05:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bill erhardt  
I sometimes stop overnight in San Ignacio when driving down from the States to Loreto. It's easy to get in before sundown. I stay at Rice and Beans. The rooms are acceptable and the food is good. They have a big parking lot to accommodate trailers and boats.

The food and drinks are acceptable, if pricey. But to say the rooms are acceptable is a stretch.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-24-2015 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
How about a run-down of the accommodations in San Ignacio? Ballpark pricing and maybe a rating of

barely acceptable
acceptable
good
very good
XLNT

If you want to throw in a value rating, that might be good, too. I have been to some motels that were only acceptable but they were so inexpensive that they were too good a value to pass up.

I have a friend who is coming there in mid-late February and wants to know his options. It's just him and his wife. They are there to do whale watching in San Ignacio lagoon. So, any recommendations on that front would be good, too.

I suggest your friends stay in town just one night, at the desert inn (if it has recovered from recent hurricane flood). The other night(s?) they should stay at the lagoon.
be aware the places in lowlands got flooded (yurts and desert inn and ?) and you should seek recent review if the places have reopened.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 1-24-2015 at 08:42 PM

I was wondering if any of the places mentioned allow a dog in the room?
It would be just me and my dog, and my standards are not very high.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2015 at 09:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  

The food and drinks are acceptable, if pricey. But to say the rooms are acceptable is a stretch.

awww, someone didn't get a mint on their goose down pillow :lol: ricardo's a great host, they'll serve you a great meal if you come in late at night, comfortable rooms, fair prices, great spot!
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2015 at 07:09 AM

Has anyone stayed at Ignacio Springs in the last month? They obviously sustained lots of damage from Odile, but their website updates on reconstruction ended about two months ago.

It appears they have five units of some type available. What about the rest of the grounds? Is it rubble that is being removed as they rebuild?
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2015 at 11:20 AM

Some friends have stayed at Ignacio Springs. They are definitely in business.
Terry and Gary are amazing. They have had to rebuild almost every thing for every year for several years. But Odile was the worst.
Check with them at
Mail@ignaciosprings.com

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2015 at 05:05 PM

Yes, my friend is aware they are in business.

Just looking for some impartial assessment of the property; post-Odile.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2015 at 05:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  

awww, someone didn't get a mint on their goose down pillow :lol: ricardo's a great host, they'll serve you a great meal if you come in late at night, comfortable rooms, fair prices, great spot!

Not looking for a mint. We just did not find the rooms as comfortable as you did.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2015 at 07:08 PM

Ignacio springs inn is looking great! we helped do the front so I am an eye witness that they are good to go- No one will be disappointed staying there.They are more upscale than the other places - but the other places are perfectly acceptable too.

La Huerta looks beautiful - quite spacious. Here is the contact info:

Liz or Anei

mercadolahuertaSanIgnacio@hotmail.com

from USA 011 52 615 154-0016.

There is that other place near the mission - I will hunt for the info on it...it is really nice and unique. If you walk up the road to the left of the misson, it is on the left - the very first building if I am not mistaken.

for the whale watching - Kuyima can help with the logistics of getting there.

Juanita or Jane of casa leree is NO longer in business but she has the museum,free of charge,open in the mornings and late afternoons. Her siesta is from 1 - 3pm.

[Edited on 1-26-2015 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2015 at 07:14 PM

I am pretty sure that Juanita is still selling books. She did stop renting her rooms.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.