Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dorado bite in Asuncion
toronja
Nomad

smile.gif posted on 2-2-2015 at 07:08 PM
Dorado bite in Asuncion

We've been told it's unusual, but the dorado bite is still on in Bahia Asuncion as of February! This was my first, and I hope I'm lucky enough to meet another at some point. What gorgeous and fun fish.

This was on a trolled crankbait minnow, but they have also been hitting our trolled rapalas and flies, and we are not even running outside of the bay in our tiny tin boat.

P1020883-2.jpg - 98kB
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 2-2-2015 at 07:16 PM

Whoa! Nicely done, enjoy!

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 2-2-2015 at 07:21 PM

That's my girl! You are my heroin! That babe can FISH! glad to see you here in the sandbox finally.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 2-2-2015 at 07:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
That's my girl! You are my heroin! That babe can FISH! glad to see you here in the sandbox finally.

Ha! Pretty sure you mean "heroine"! (but I hear fishing can be addictive...)

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
AlanDow
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2015 at 08:34 PM

Wow, that is a nice fish. Glad to see you and chavycha made it back to Asuncion this year and doing so well with the fishing. We met last year, I was staying next door while building my own place in Asuncion, and enjoyed visiting you both over fish tacos and a few beers. I was hoping to spend a good part of this winter back in Asuncion, however took a temp job in Wyoming. Looks like I not only missed seeing you two again, also missed an awesome fishing season. Darn
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2015 at 08:44 PM

Wow, dorado in Feb and girls in waders. Wow again.
churro
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2015 at 09:21 PM

Nice!!!!
toronja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2015 at 10:16 PM

We've missed you at weekend tacos, Alan, and are still waiting to try what we hear is the best pizza this side of the border! Your house is looking good. Maybe we'll catch ya next year, or can grab beers next time you're back in Oregon.

The fishing this year has been a ton of fun, we are up to 26 different species so far (we are such fish nerds).
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2015 at 10:41 PM

Good to hear from you, Alan! See you next winter, yes?
Tod
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 05:55 AM

The smile says it all. Way to go!
AlanDow
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 06:47 AM

Yes, will see you next winter. Actually my wife Robin is planning to retire this year, so she and I (and our dogs) will all hopefully be spending a good part of next winter in Bahia Asuncion.
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2015 at 09:22 AM

Great! First round of Don Ramon's is on us!

You better bring your A+ pizza game, though - Suzanne and Liz combined on an incredible pie for the Super Bowl party last week. Who knew that the pizza scene was better in Asuncion than in Chicago or New York? :D
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2015 at 10:20 AM

Dorado in February at Asuncion? Amazing.

We got them in December and thought THAT was unusual.
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 2-15-2015 at 06:09 PM

More photos Chavy gang............ pretty please :cool:
toronja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2015 at 08:04 PM

Any time, BajaRat! These are from mid-December through early February, from a variety of areas along that coast, both from shore and boat. We saw a lot of interesting stuff. Photos have been altered to protect the innocent ;)

Included here are yellowtail, gafftopsail pompano, skipjack, halibut, garibaldi, porgi, and calico.

tnP1020859-Edit.jpg - 90kB tnP1020787.jpg - 237kB tnP1020789-Edit.jpg - 51kB

tnP1020640-Edit-2.jpg - 78kB tnP1020719-Edit.jpg - 59kB tnP1020850-Edit.jpg - 85kB

tn_calico.jpg - 62kB
Cochi
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2015 at 04:21 PM

I thought I reconized those waders, must've been fly fishing on the Mckenzie or was it the Coquille River?
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2015 at 09:53 PM

Could be...

We live just a few minutes from the Mac and have spent a lot of time on the Hendricks to Bellinger stretch in the past few years as part of a native trout research project (www.mckenzietroutstudy.org).

We're the green over white Clackacraft. Usually we've got either a few fish on the line or a giant radio antenna in the air. Sometimes both. :O

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.