BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Places to Eat in Rosarito - new ideas!
skipowell
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2015 at 06:51 PM
Places to Eat in Rosarito - new ideas!

What a year, so much has grown in Rosarito area
thinking of trying some of the new places opened in the past year or so.

We have a second home down here and find that we are are in quite a rut. Over the past seven years we have been heavily going to Tampanco and Le Cousteau and last year added in Mi Casa as it is where our home is. I am wanting to branch out so would love recommendations of new places. We occasionally visit Susanna's, Splash, La Estancia. Anybody have a must try good food place?

Just tried the new fish place by Walmart/Home Depot, fish was good served zarendero (sp?) style but ambiance was lacking. very loud and lots of screaming kids.

Anyone try the lamb BBQ place in Popolta?? Place looks nice

Would love your input. Miss seeing Gyspy Jan's food suggestions
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2015 at 07:44 PM

I got one. la cabana del encino (or something close to that) a rustic steak house, across the road from the entrance to the commercial market. friendly,nice bar, and a fabulous steak dinner. of course I said the same thing about blondies across from the old calimax, had a great steak and lobster,next time not so good!
give it a try;)
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-13-2015 at 10:47 PM
Two

Carnitas La Flor de Michoacan

http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-flor-de-michoacan-rosarito

La Estancia
Av. Francisco Villa 316,
Colonia Obrera, Rosarito

http://www.barrio.mx/locations/la-estancia-rosarito-beach-me...

skipowell
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2015 at 09:45 AM

thanks willard guy and baja guy for sharing

have noticed the place by the commercial and thought it looked nice, I think we will give it a try tonight.

We occasionally go to La Estancia as I like their tortilla soup but have had mixed luck with the meat there. sometimes really good and others times really tough. Love the Carnitas place, a go to when we have large groups great place to feed a group for a reasonable amount and always good. I think the Carnitas place will make our list this weekend, thanks for reminding us.

Ate at Mi Casa last night. Amazing food and service. They are sold out tonight for Valentines so had to go last night.

What about the Argentina place by the Auto shop? Really high reviews in Trip Advisor. Anyone try it? We had Empenadas that someone brought to a party from there but have not eaten there yet.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2015 at 09:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by skipowell  
thanks willard guy and baja guy for sharing

have noticed the place by the commercial and thought it looked nice, I think we will give it a try tonight.

We occasionally go to La Estancia as I like their tortilla soup but have had mixed luck with the meat there. sometimes really good and others times really tough. Love the Carnitas place, a go to when we have large groups great place to feed a group for a reasonable amount and always good. I think the Carnitas place will make our list this weekend, thanks for reminding us.

Ate at Mi Casa last night. Amazing food and service. They are sold out tonight for Valentines so had to go last night.

What about the Argentina place by the Auto shop? Really high reviews in Trip Advisor. Anyone try it? We had Empenadas that someone brought to a party from there but have not eaten there yet.

have only had their empenada's but heard they make a great sausage sandwich, hit the OXXO on the corner for a couple tecate's, nice folks:D

stiladam
Nomad

Mood: Acoustic

[*] posted on 2-14-2015 at 10:35 AM

I haven't tried this place myself yet but I have heard good things!

Rancho Las Ilusiones

Calle Baja California, Colonia Morelos, 22710, Rosarito, B.C.,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho-Las-Ilusiones/21229157...

[Edited on 2-14-2015 by stiladam]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-14-2015 at 10:39 AM
La Estancia

Skip

Ate at their place in/near Ensenada, good food, outstanding view, service was sketchy.

If you have not been to that one it is worth the drive just for the view

phoenix2121
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2015 at 07:30 PM

There's a great taco place in the middle of town that's less than a year old. It's by the Pemex station (in the parking lot) across the street from the fair grounds near Quinta Del Mar.

The taco shop is called El Sabroso. Raul makes a mean spicy shrimp taco (the best I've had in the area) and a very large surf 'n turf burrito that is equally impressive.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn\'t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2015 at 09:20 PM

La Reseka is off the beaten path a bit but very good. The owner speaks english https://www.facebook.com/La.Resaka.Mariscos

Mariscos Los Cabos is also great, for fish tacos and soup https://www.facebook.com/loscabosmariscos
soylent_green
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2015 at 11:16 AM

only tried breakfast there, but it was really really good
Baja Calypso
KM 38 south of Rosarito

http://www.bajacalypso.com/index.html

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.