Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Car/Boat Insurance
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2003 at 10:46 AM
Car/Boat Insurance

HELP! Is it possible that Insurance for six months or less can be up to five times less costly then annual policies?? I seem to be reading thoise figures through Vagabundos......Any suggestions welcomed. Capt. George
CJ
Nomad

Mood: It's cool with me

[*] posted on 8-31-2003 at 01:04 PM

Capt. The best way to buy auto insurance for me is annually, menos dinero. After using a couple of companies over the years, Lewis and Lewis has proven best for me. @ 1-800-966-6830 . I have been with them for the last six years. They are real easy to deal with and have a good reputation. We have a house on Calle Davis north of La Pinta. Hopefully we will meet each other when we are there Oct.-Nov. Buenos Suertes, CJ
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-31-2003 at 05:35 PM
i 2nd that

Capt. , i sent you an e mail today. go w/ L & L. see you and also have to meet CJ in late oct!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2003 at 08:50 PM
I'll third that......

Rule of thumb is, if you are going to buy ins. for 2wks. or more the annul policy is as cheap or cheaper......Bedman did alot of leg work on this issue (If you ask, I'm sure he would be happy to send your his spread-sheet)...when all these ins. questions came up several months ago, I did some calling myself and found that my Progressive ins. covers me for comp., so I just bought Mexican liabilty from Lewis & Lewis at a cost of $87 per year ....I haven't seen the exchange at Vag's, (I am a member) but, I'd be surprized if the 6 month ins. is cheaper, let alone 5 times....how much cheaper that $87 per year does is get? Hope this helps. Debra
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 9-1-2003 at 07:17 AM
Lewis & Lewis

We have been with them for over 20 years, and they get my vote:bounce: They are "brokers", but I once tagged a cow near El Roserio in 95", and they got everything repaired here in the States.;D

Hola Migual (CJ), glad you found your way over here to this board:cool:
CJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2003 at 09:29 AM

LaTijereta, Yeah, this site looks like a good Baja fix:Droll We'll see you there this fall. Capt. Mike let me know when you are flying in, we'll hook up. Hausta Octobre, CJ:cool:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-1-2003 at 12:19 PM

When you "tagged" that cow, did the brand say Ford, Toyota, Chevy, or Dodge "Ram"?????

Bob :lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2003 at 12:42 PM
Insurance etc.

Amigos, always helpful, thank you. Lewis & Lewis takes the poll.

CJ, will be in Loreto somtime in October and stay through May....looks like we have a house lined up about a block in from the Ramp, we'll be neighbors. Bringing a 19 ft Dusky, do some fishing.

dadgcp@msn.com George
CJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2003 at 01:41 PM

George,
Cool, see ya there. I've always wanted to check out a Dusky up close. I've been looking at their brochures for a couple of years now.......looks like a lot of boat for the $$. I'll have a cold one ready;D CJ
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2003 at 06:23 PM

No need for me to chime in, Capt George is headed in the right direction.

Bedman
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2003 at 01:24 PM
Lewis & Lewis

Bedman, thanks!

CJ: Dusky worth every bit of the dollar!
Put it up against Contender, Sea Vee, Regulator or any other equivilant sized boat.....Sixteen layers of hand-layed glass, a battle wagon. Built in Dania, FL
You can find them on the web.....Dusky Boats......My 19 is the best small Center Console I've ever ran, dry, soft on the knees and it will get you home!

If I can be of help: dadgcp@msn.com

You can test out the 19 when I arrive, "I'll be ready for a cold one".

George
La Tijereta

[*] posted on 9-2-2003 at 08:28 PM

Hey Migual!

Are you going to have time to go fishing with George, or be building cabinets for the casa:?:

Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2003 at 07:47 AM
Casa

La T, who knows, maybe he'll be doing both!!

Capt. George
CJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2003 at 10:06 AM

We're done......it is time to just go fishing......well maybe a bit more to do. I'll tell you for certain in four more loooong weeks. CJ:coolup:
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2003 at 03:04 PM
Fishin

CJ, fishing it will be!!

Just started to put together gear I plan on taking to Loreto....Stuff I've used from Cape Cod to the Florida Keys. It should be interesting to see what happens on the Sea! We'll seeeee! Sharpen your hooks....

Capt. George
La Tijereta

[*] posted on 9-4-2003 at 06:34 PM

:bounce:The way it looks, you guys might be still getting a good Dorado bite in October:biggrin:
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2003 at 05:30 AM
Loreto

La Tijereta,

When you gonna be in Loreto?

Capt, George
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

question.gif posted on 9-5-2003 at 07:29 PM

George,
I will try to get down in October. We WILL be down for the hoildays (through the 1st of the year. Our place is over on Vincinte Guerro (around the corner from the tortilla house):spingrin:
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2003 at 11:34 AM
Loreto

La T.

will get the address where we will be staying, if not Ty & Juanita will know where to locate us. They're managing Villas de Loreto.....

See you soon, George
AcuDoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2003 at 02:11 PM

Back on the original subject I've been looking into this lately. For years I've done the Discover Baja thing. After doing some checking Lewis and Lewis will save me money for coverage and give me more of it. Pescador pointing the high coverage out for me and he should knwo its his business here in the states. Then he gets his permits,visas etc. from Discover Baja. After doing some more checking it looks like Vagabundos will even save you a bit more on that end. So it looks like I'll being doing Lewis/Lewis and Vags for the best coverage for the best price
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.