Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rancho los burros
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 12:41 PM
Rancho los burros

A close friend gave me copies of plot maps, photos and the deed to Rancho los burros north of San Evaristo, on the beach. You can see the ranch on Google Earth. Search for: 24 59'54.25N, 110 45'35.62W. Her 84yo father-in-law deems it time to sell. He was born there and has fished all his life. He says there are still plenty of fish left. If you or someone you know (no dirt pimps) has a bunch of money and wants a truly special ranch - U2U me.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 04:03 PM

seems its a bit off the road. is there a road?
weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 07:37 AM

If you can drive there it isn't in your Honda Accord. Yes, this is a REALLY remote ranch. Access is by boat from San Evaristo only. There will be no Oxxo there anytime soon so bring enough smokes.

bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 09:38 AM

what is the price tag on this difficult to access rance and what dwelling is there? water? generator?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 10:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by bledito  
seems its a bit off the road. is there a road?

Rancho Los Burros is shown as 'Ensenada de Cortez' on the AAA map (just south of Los Dolores, the old mission site... which does not have a road to it, even thought the Baja Almanac map below the AAA map shows one).

Both Los Burros and Ensenada Cortes are named as the same on the Almanac map.

dk:
i think you are wrong! go back and look again!
here are the coordinates:
24 59'54.25N, 110 45'35.62W
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 10:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
If you can drive there it isn't in your Honda Accord. Yes, this is a REALLY remote ranch. Access is by boat from San Evaristo only. There will be no Oxxo there anytime soon so bring enough smokes.

that's a great location. how many acres? asking price?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 11:53 AM

Goat, I didn't check the coordinates, since the place name was mentioned (Los Burros)... and how it can be reached by boat from San Evaristo (next spot just south, easily reached by car from La Paz), kind of confirmed it.

Now, I just looked on the map, and Los Burros is close to 25 degrees 3 minutes by 110 degrees 50 minutes.

Looks like weebray may have posted the coordinates for Rancho Nopolo instead of Los Burros... about 10 kms. south, and no road shown in the Almanac.

?? So, weebray, is it Rancho Los Burros or the GPS waypont you posted, that is for sale?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 01:01 PM

I have driven to Los Burros in the past, I remember the road down into there as being very steep, but paved with concrete in the worst spots, it's a great place, just don't plan on running to the store very often. Is that road in still passable?

[Edited on 3-12-2015 by monoloco]

"The future ain't what it used to be"
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 02:58 PM

Let's see what the place looks like on Google Maps:
24 59'54.25N, 110 45'35.62W

weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 04:50 PM

I just put my coordinates (24 59'54.25N, 110 45'35.62W) in Google Earth and, if you zoom in, you will see the two casas and an outbuilding of the ranch. I don't know what the total size of the ranch is. It looks like there must be water since it is at the foot of a large aroyyo. I have not been there but would like to go it really looks sweet. I also don't know what the $ is and I don't think the owner does either but it isn't going to be a steal. The family is hip to the changing marketplace here in Baja Sur. I think he is fishing for someone with a real interest in a nice old, really remote, Baja California Sur ranch right on the water. I'm sure he would love to find some corporation that has an extra half a million to build a corporate retreat complete with a heli-pad and solar Wi-Fi. If you or someone you know has a hankering for something like this let me know. I will try to set up a meeting. I am only trying to help an excellent Mexican friend. As of yesterday the owner was in San Evaristo. You can go there and ask for Leon Talamantes Angel.

weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 04:57 PM

May I add that the fisherman that owns the ranch, and was born there, is in his mid 80's. He sounds like someone I would really like to meet and I'm going to try. I have no doubt that he would prefer to stay at the ranch but may have to leave due to advanced age. Hopefully I can find out more by asking my friend and her family. This is not just some piece of dirt in a gated community, it will need someone with a dream and the resources to commit to it.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 04:59 PM

weebray, is it the ranch at the GPS is what is for sale (Nopolo), and not 'Los Burros', which is 6 miles to the north and does have a road to it?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 05:21 PM

weebray, is it the ranch at the GPS is what is for sale (Nopolo), and not 'Los Burros', which is 6 miles to the north and does have a road to it?

Actually I went on GE and started searching from San Evaristo north until I found a ranch that exactly fits the satellite photo she gave me of the ranch. I put the curser on the ranch and read the co-ordinates off of GE. I don't read legal Spanish but the title reads: Noreste 61.39 mts. con parcela 101;178.09mts. con zona federal maritime terrestre golfo de California sur 224.85 mts. con acceso; 235.07 mts. con parcela 101
I believe it is 2-16-56.46 hectares in size. The parcel # is 103 Z4 P1/1

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 05:31 PM

So nothing says 'Los Burros' in the deed, as stated above?

Maybe edit the thread and change Los Burros to Rancho Nopolo?

weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 05:32 PM

I just checked GE and I see the ranch you are talking about. The ranch to the N does not fit the picture I was given. I'll have to ask my friend for clarification. I got the name from the title which reads: Rancho Los Burros, BCS Where are you getting your name info?

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 05:34 PM

That's what I'm seeing as well. The lat/lon seems to point to Nopolo, here's a Google Map of the Los Burros along the coast. Also, if you follow that road out, to the southwest, there's another Los Burros which has a bunch of greenery.

weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 05:48 PM

What I do know is that the name of the ranch on the deed is Rancho Los Burros. I also know that the GE photo I was given of the ranch matches the lat./long. I posted. Apparently I know nothing, won't be the first time.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 07:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
What I do know is that the name of the ranch on the deed is Rancho Los Burros. I also know that the GE photo I was given of the ranch matches the lat./long. I posted. Apparently I know nothing, won't be the first time.

Then perhaps who ever made the GE image to show you made the mistake?

Los Burros has a road to it, Nopolo does not. Maps and boaters distinguish between the two ranches, some maps do say 'Dolores' at Los Burros, and Dolores is the next ranch north of Los Burros, and like Nopolo, no road goes to it.

I did ask was it the deed that gave the name or just a guess. Maybe the land office doesn't know the difference, lol?

weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2015 at 12:03 PM

Goat, I didn't check the coordinates, since the place name was mentioned (Los Burros)... and how it can be reached by boat from San Evaristo (next spot just south, easily reached by car from La Paz), kind of confirmed it.

Now, I just looked on the map, and Los Burros is close to 25 degrees 3 minutes by 110 degrees 50 minutes.

Looks like weebray may have posted the coordinates for Rancho Nopolo instead of Los Burros... about 10 kms. south, and no road shown in the Almanac.

?? So, weebray, is it Rancho Los Burros or the GPS waypont you posted, that is for sale?

I just got confirmation from my friend that it is, in fact, Nopolo that is for sale. The confusion on my part was that the "titulo de propiedad" said Rancho los burros on it.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.