Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Loreto Bay Development update
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 1-6-2005 at 09:07 AM
Loreto Bay Development update

For those of you who are following this companies progress, you will want to check out this Dec.04 posting at http://www.Loretobay.com/media/Sustanability%20Program%20Upd... Especially those that wonder about the water & sewer & electricity. Interesting reading. (don't try to put an i in the spelling of Sustanability.)Others who "could care less", don't read it!!!!!!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2005 at 09:26 AM
Thanks Phil!

Phil, it makes for good reading. I hope that this Project will be sucessful and many of the loreto people will have some improvement on their incomes.
If you get a chance look into the 13 Building Sites acroww the hwy South and West of the Hotel. Those Pads were bought and prepared many years ago and the person doing the Investment realized he could not get Water. those sites are all up High and should bring lots of Money at this time!!

Phil you should also look into the Feasco concerning the Collection of $10 Ahead on each Tourist that Flew into loreto.The person trying to do that was finally "run out of Town" by the Taxi Drivers.
Things are just different in Loreto.
Take Care .Skeet/Loreto

Phil S
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2005 at 09:43 AM
Loreto Bay

Skeet. Not aware of the $10.00 per head airport charge to tourists. I'll inquire around. Maybe Pam knows of it. Jump in Pam, please.

Also not aware of the 13 lots south & west of the hotel off the highway.????? that couldn't get water. Could be now part of the 8,000 acres that L.B. is acquiring. Are you settled in now? Cows, pigs & goats happy with this move? How about your wife? Some of them get a little upset with alot of moves in their "later years"!!!!
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2005 at 10:22 AM

"...it makes for good reading."

If you like fiction. They still think they're in Canada. LEEDS certification? They love buzz words. If they can't baffle you with brilliance, they hope to blind you with bullchit. Now, they're a "start-up company"?? Yeah, I wanna put my money in a start-up company.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2005 at 01:55 PM

Sounds like the warm and fuzzy propaganda coming from Puerto Los Cabos.....yeah, they really dont care about making millions they just want to protect the environment.
http://www.puertoloscabos.com

help me rhonda!

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2005 at 02:29 PM
Phil

You may have to go back a couple of years before Pam. Ask some of the older Taxi Drivers. They will remember. The same party is involved in the Loreto Bay thing.

Al settled in Phil. Had an ice Storm for 2 days but now the Sun is shinning Bright.. No the wife is real Happy with the move as her horse is settled into a Warm Stall and the Foal is growing every day.
The Clear Air is unbeleivable!!! I can Breath Again!!
Virginia is still Young and full of it, but all I need is to use this Horse Whip a couple times each Week to keep her in Line.!!

Stay Happy and Go Fishing{The Stocks neeed to be Depleted}!!!!

Skeet/Loreto

Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 1-6-2005 at 02:35 PM

Skeet, you moved where? Is Phil, short for Philydelphia?

If so, Man you are braver than me. God must love you.:spingrin:
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 1-6-2005 at 02:43 PM
Taxi Drivers and the $10 charge

Hey I never heard anything like that but I've only been in business for 8.5 years so probably before my time in biz here as before biz it was Cuervo, Modelo, Pacifico...

Anyway I'll ask some of the older drivers and get back some answers by the end of the week.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2005 at 02:57 PM
Pam

Virginia and I moved to the PanHandle of Texas. Amarillo where I graduated from Hi School in 1948, leaving on a freight Train the next Day.Could not breathe anymore in the Central Valley of Calif so am selling out, bought 5 Acres and a Home on he Rim of a Canyon near Palo duro State park. Amarillo sets at 3600 Feet on the Caprock which is the Largest piece of Flat Land in this Whole world.

Good Water and Air, Good people and Lots of Churches.Very little Public Cursing, Lots of Respect in Public,Lots of Church going and Activities, Happy Kids etc.

It is just the opposite of California.
Skeet/Loreto
Phil S
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2005 at 07:32 PM
Phil for Phyllie?

Me No. Nope. Phil for Phil. Redblooded, 5th generation native Oregonian, who has strayed from the old wagon train tracks to Baja in the winter time.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2005 at 01:41 PM
$10 per person

From what I can gather after speaking with taxi drivers and one of my captains- sho doubles as the "referee" to the ground services. (he is on the police force and his job is to keep the taxi driveers and ground transportation compaines at peace-man is his a tough job, he's been doing this for over 20 years- name is Antonio Romero Murillo and is my longest employed capitan and really a great one by the way as a plug to him...) the $10 was a departure/entry tax and was imposed on all persons who flew here. The equivalent of this charge is now included in the airline ticket, byt private flights are subject at the current rate.

This $10 fee was in no way connected to the "Loreto Bay People"

Hope that helps.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2005 at 01:58 PM
Pam

Pam Please give Antonio Romero Murillo my best wishes from "Mosco".

The $10 Deal was set up by one Roberto and Cecelia. they are now divorced. If I am not mistaken She and her Daughter are in charge of the Sales office.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2005 at 02:29 PM
You ARE mistaken!

Ceclila Jr. works for Loreto Bay and her mom continues to run the business "C & C ground services". FYI she has not been "run out of town"

That is a far cry from what you originally stated - that the same people who are in charge of Loreto Bay were bilking folks out of $10!

But I'll ask Tonio again and make specific comment and get back to y'all.

I know that the taxis don't like Ceclila but she is working and providing a service that the taxis have no authority to perform (she has permits to operate in the federal zone- a.k.a. the highway and they techincally do not).

There is a lot of animosity towards women businesspeople here and Ceclia like myself, has probably heard her share of it. My raspberries in the direction of these idiots.

And it was Carlos and Cecilia not Roberto and Cecilia.

[Edited on 1-10-2005 by flyfishinPam]
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

shocked.gif posted on 1-10-2005 at 07:11 PM
Loreto Bay Discount

How's about saving 10% on your airfare with Alaska through Loreto Bay's Discount code:P
That should get a few smiles:spingrin::spingrin:
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2005 at 07:31 PM
Kris

Did you get your book back???

MUCHO IMPORTANTE!!!!!!

Capt. George....

U2U
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2005 at 07:35 PM
Pam, amiga

U2U

el Vikingo
rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 12:29 AM
Cynicism reigns supreme

Wilderone, did you take the 30 seconds it takes to Google LEED certification? If you had you'd find out it isn't some marketing bullchit.

https://www.usgbc.org/LEED/Project/certprocess.asp

If you're going to bad mouth something, at least take the time to make yourself credible.

I also don't know about too many developers spending 1.5 million on sustainibility enhancements let alone discuss them. Haven't you seen the crap that's been built along Mexico's most beautiful beaches? How can this not be a better thing?

I don't know anything about the old Loreto beyond the reminiscence I've read about on this site. It sounds like a special place. I'm sorry but it looks like you're going to have to share your dream with a lot more people, and unfortunately they probably won't be people that appreciate Loreto the way you have.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 09:08 AM
O. K Pam

Pam You have to veleive what you are Told. I was there at the time and had a run in with Carlos at the Airport over some very bad stuff, also was there when Ceclia moved to la paz. Most every Taxi had a sign on the window proclaiming the opposition to What was happening.

Anyone who paid the extra $10 also was able to Bump People that had purchased Tickets on the airline ahead of them. It was a very stinky Deal.

I think it is Great that the Loreto Bay thing is going, I just still have the Question about the Water.
But the saying goes "Let the Buyer Beware"!!!!
There are several of the old time Families that are concerned that Loreto will become another Cabo. I hope not.

Wonder Why Carlos Left?
Skeet/Loreto
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 10:21 AM

"LEED certification? ... you'd find out it isn't some marketing bullsh-t."

Look at the whole picture - it's all marketing bullchit:

"By the end of the project ...." - That's 12-15 years
"more biodiversity, more biomass, more habitat than existed..."
We will develop and implement a Regional Affordable Housing Strategy"
"LEEDS certification when that certification is available for residential standards."
"develop business plans for sustainable tourism, desalinated water and solar electrical energy."
They changed their original plan to build out of CONCRETE BLOCK to adobe brick. - "which caused us to re-engineer all our buildings."
"preliminary business plan for the use of solar energy. We intend to enroll the governor, the municipalities and Fonatur into becoming customers of a new energy company."
After that it will take time to "arrange financing to make this viable."
We have committed to rip up all the grass on the golf course..."
BUT -- Waiting for documenttation on the golf course purchase.
Re:desalination plant: they have a business plan which analyzes the opportunities for an early stage desal plant, which again will need to await population growth to be viable.
In "buzz-word speak" that means they have no intention to build a desalinization plant until some unknown time when somebody decides there's not enough water for the existing population.
"We have gained control over our agriculture lands where we have started to prepare for our organic farm." Kinda puts the cart before the horse when the organic farm is supposed to use the reclaimed water from the on-site sewage treatment plant. Why don't they first "start to prepare for" building houses that people have paid for?
"a complete environmental baseline and impacts study will BEGIN in a few months time." But yet they're starting to prepare for an organic farm.
The solid waste management plan is based on a proven model in ONTARIO.
"Participants" separate waste into three wastes: biodegradable, recyclable and landfill. Landfill waste is charged double. They will use bioldegradable waste to process compost and as a source of revenue as compost is sold "to other users." Mexicans are going to buy compost?
They will create a Materials Recovery Facility where employees will sort the dry recyclable material. The materials will then be "stored and either recycled locally or distributed to others." Didn't see this one on the map. Success will depend on buyers for the recyclables primarily in Loreto.
Then, they plan to build 2000-2500 homes in the town of Loreto to house the workers. However, in spite of all the "sustainable" features and planning of Loreto Bay, apparently these workers' homes will not be anything of the sort. Kinda whittles down the overall benefits of any energy or environmental impact when you create a converse situation at the same time.

So far, they've built one house and scraped the shoreline of the marine preserve of Loreto Bay so that it will never be the same. So far, it's all talk. And this talk comes more than a year after they've started marketing. Just now, they're starting to think about what their "sustainability" claims mean as it pertains to Loreto Bay.
The upshot is that the world would be better off without the project in the first place. They could do everything they plan to do in the town of Loreto instead of destroying a very special place in Baja. Now wouldn't that be special?

And now, what you all really want me to say: This is my last post about Loreto Bay. Please hold the applause.

elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 10:58 AM

I hope this is NOT your last post about Loreto Bay. I find your information to be very informative...I don't think I could be the only one?????
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.