Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pole Line Road need (Visa) FMM papers
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2015 at 09:31 AM
Pole Line Road need (Visa) FMM papers

As some of you may already know the Mexican authorities are checking for proper immigration papers. It has been reported the military check point north of San Felipe is checking. I just spoke to Nomad Tunaeater and he said he was asked for papers when he crossed the border at Mexicali this past weekend.

You can get a 7 day (visa) FMM for free at the Mexican immigration offices.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-28-2015 at 10:51 AM

So Ken needs to plan on a couple hours for us at the border, considering the number in our group, and all other traffic on Saturday morning, right? I suggest everyone have a pen with their passport to help move the process along fast.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-28-2015 at 04:02 PM

Reminder You need passport book,not the card.Two friends could not get it in TJ with passport card.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 12:40 AM

This is news to me! Thanks for the heads up! Saturday should be a heavy travel day. I have been through the (lengthy) process of obtaining the FMM, so I know the offices and the hoops one must jump through to get everything taken care of.

We might need Mexican Pesos as well? I can check on this when I visit Tijuana later in the week...

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 08:15 AM

They declined one sentry card,and electronic card .In TJ
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 10:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
They declined one sentry card,and electronic card .In TJ

Can you elaborate on this?

Also, we're going to be near the border, not in San Felipi (sp). Chances are that this won't even affect us.

Scenario #1:
How many people can't reach Tecate from Mexicali?

Scenario #2:
A participant gets discouraged and goes home because he doesn't have Passport book, only to find that immigration isn't being checked along our proposed route. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Scenario #3:
100,000 Semana Santa revelers back up parking lot and FMM offices, and we say, 'Screw this!' and continue on our merry way. We don't get stopped at an immigration check point, and we have ourselves a great time.

Lets try and plan for the worse and enjoy ourselves.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 10:14 AM

Any trip to Baja has to be flexible... the important thing is we have fun and for the people of Mexico, that our group isn't harassed by bureaucrats from the government so that we can spend money in Mexico and support the Mexican people!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 10:56 AM

So David, do I understand you correctly that you feel that it would only be fair for Mexican citizens to be able to cross into the US without any ID or visa provisions to do their shopping, vacationing etc. without Bureaucratic Government Harassment?

Everyone knows that at a minimum a free FMM is required to visit Baja California. Where is the harassment?

When you post your trip report, please show us all the places where you made such a big difference to the Mexican economy. How many restaurants, bars, and motels are there on the Pole Line Road that you'll be supporting in exchange for the cost of a free FMM. I'm just curious.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 11:19 AM

You see Perry, I look for the good in people... and people who only want good for others... Now, who on the Pole Line Run is not carrying IDs or money??? We are HAPPY to get FMMs if needed...

There is no hoards of Americans trying to break into Mexico in the middle of the desert to take jobs away from Mexicans or get free (to them) medical services and other handouts.

That is why it is not so easy or so free for Mexicans to come into the U.S.. It didn't always used to be that way, but they created the immigration nightmare. The government of Mexico, by not having the same deal for their people, is to blame.

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 03:55 PM

David,
the PLR people should qualify for the 7 day free FMM
PW
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 04:01 PM

Not my worry, Paul... I have a passport. If they want us to pull over and get them, fine with me...

We are not going beyond the Sierra Pinta, north of Hwy. 3... well north of San Felipe, and only for 72 hours or less. For the past 50 years, this has been within the limits of the border zone exclusion.

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 04:02 PM

Ken My driver that picks up customers in San Diego for our tours.Because yak on this site .I told him to stop in TJ to get the 7 day permits for our customers.Some had Sentry,and electronic cards.They where going to give the ones with passport book the permits.They said NO to the others that did not have passport book.My driver said hell with it.Did not get any.Came in and out two groups.No body checked.The last time they did this was 20 years ago.It will not last. Ken you guys still having breakfast same place,mentioned?
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 09:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Ken you guys still having breakfast same place,mentioned?

Breakfast will be at ASADERO MORLAN #2 --

Location: 2 blocks WEST of Stop Light in Progreso along Hwy 2.

Time: ~9:30 AM, Saturday - April 4, 2015

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.