Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: The real costs of foolish plans to 'secure' the border
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 10:55 AM

I fully support efforts of Texans to secede from the United States of America.

Cruz / Trump 2016!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 10:56 AM

Bob, appears you have figured out the new "software" on posing ... :):)

[Edited on 3-29-2015 by wessongroup]
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 11:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  
Bob, appears you have figured out the new "software" on posing ... :):)

Finally! Moved the cut/ paste from article to MS Word and edited out all the BN unrecognized punctuation then pasted onto my post one paragraph at a time.

Bob Durrell
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 11:26 AM

More listening to 'Faux News'.

Have another drink of cool-aid.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 11:33 AM

Why don't you post a list of those "characters" which prevent posting :lol::lol:

A real Catch 22 ...
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 11:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by Alan  
Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Well, at least you are willing to pay for it. Most of the conservatives I talk to are happy to just put the expense onto their children and grandchildren.
Conservatives are spending their children's future? It was the current administration that has more than tripled the National Debt.

Yup, I almost chocked on my oatmeal when I read that! Barry Obama has outspent ALL the previous presidents since George Washington, COMBINED!

For what, more unemployed or lost their full time work (thanks to Obamacare), more on food stamps, the world is falling apart, people who have just run out of unemployment are now being used to show a lower unemployment rate, since they are off the list now and NOT because they have jobs. The country is more polarized, less transparent, lost the greatness we once had, and for what?

for what? A very long war (wars) and a lot of border patrol looking at a fence.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 01:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alan  
Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Well, at least you are willing to pay for it. Most of the conservatives I talk to are happy to just put the expense onto their children and grandchildren.
Conservatives are spending their children's future? It was the current administration that has more than tripled the National Debt.

Yup, I almost chocked on my oatmeal when I read that! Barry Obama has outspent ALL the previous presidents since George Washington, COMBINED!

For what, more unemployed or lost their full time work (thanks to Obamacare), more on food stamps, the world is falling apart, people who have just run out of unemployment are now being used to show a lower unemployment rate, since they are off the list now and NOT because they have jobs. The country is more polarized, less transparent, lost the greatness we once had, and for what?

The fact is both parties spend like drunken sailors, I kind of remember a lot of Republicans also voting for TARP and the other bank welfare programs, sure Republicans talk about cutting the deficit and smaller government, but they'll put every dime they save and more, into more military spending, more war, and other ill conceived crap like a double border fence thousands of miles long, and all of it while lowering taxes on the 1%. Wait until interest rates inevitably rise, the interest on all that debt will go through the roof. I'm not going to defend Democrats, many of them also voted for Bush's wars, DHS, corporate welfare, and lots of other things we don't need, but the idea that it is only the Democrat's fault that we are so far in debt, is just absurd. They should all be held accountable, but as long as the corporate media and the politicians can keep convincing the voters that it is all the other side's fault, we will never move forward. Gridlock is what they want, it insures that the moneyed interests who own the politicians and write the legislation will continue to control the agenda. Oh, and by the way, much of the debt expansion is due to the continuing costs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as other programs started under Bush, like the medicare prescription drug benefit, DHS, and the costs of taking care of the 70% of veterans from those wars who are claiming some sort of disability. The US budget doesn't get reset every time a new party takes office.

[Edited on 3-29-2015 by monoloco]

"The future ain't what it used to be"
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 01:50 PM

Dittos ... "Guns and Butter" for the past 50 plus years

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 04:12 PM

100 ways Republicans are just like Democrats:

http://ivn.us/2012/11/06/100-ways-republicans-are-just-like-...

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 05:28 PM

Wars were not our choice... but necessary. Did you forget what happened on 9-11-01? We were united as a country then... the Dems voted for the war (before voting against, ala Kerry). What a bunch of hypocrites!

National defense is the #1 purpose of the government. Did any of you read the constitution or pass Civics in high school?

Of course when I went to school, there was a flag and we said the Pledge every day and sang patriotic songs once a week. Now, it's probably a Hope and Change Obama poster and slogans from Karl Marx on the wall?
The war in Iraq had absolutely ZERO to do with 9-11, and the war in Afghanistan almost zero. We can see now how they both worked out, and we are not one bit more secure because of either of those wars. The only ones who benefited were the corporations who supplied them and the politicians, on BOTH sides of the aisle who collect contributions from them. By the way, I have read the constitution, but I must have missed the part that declares our military is to be the world's policeman.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 08:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Thank you, I enjoyed reading this and agree with the premise of the article.

Beyond that, I will NEVER, EVER vote for another president from Texas.

I thought Ted Cruz was born in Canada (to an American mother working there)?

Maybe he was, I dont know.

But he is still FROM Texas, at this point, seeing as he is a Senator from the Great State of Texas.

It's a prejudicial remark on my part, no doubt, about a Texan for president. But history can't be ignored.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 08:33 PM

I remember civics, David.

But we are at a point where we aren't providing for the common defense in a manner that allows for promoting the general welfare of the country.

Our best "weapon" is no longer military might, though we certainly have the military might necessary. No, our best weapon is how we can control countries through economics, vis a vis, embargoes and currency and commodity manipulations that weaken their currencies.

I think the world is much safer than it has been in its entire modern history, anyway. When 50-85 million people are killed in a six year period like 1939-45, it's hard to take these Middle Eastern skirmishes as a real threat to us.

But, hey, when you have friends in the military/energy complex, you have to promise them work to get yourself elected. That's what Texans running for president seem to do..........or at least that's what ends up happening. With the single biggest border with Mexico, think how many Texas businesses would benefit from this hair-brained plan of Cruz's.

Besides, it wouldnt have taken a single extra cent of spending to prevent 9/11, if persons higher up in the FBI had just listened to a Minnesota FBI agent's plea to serve search warrants on Zacarias Moussaoui. The whole plot would have been uncovered, at that point.

I am no conspiracy theorist. I think it was just incompetence or even dereliction of duty by higher ups in the FBI.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 08:59 PM

Come on you guys....do a minute's worth of research :o

Cruz was born in Canada to a mother from USA and a father who was from Cuba, and Teddy has renounced his Canadian citizenship (good riddance to a goof).....so much for being against immigration reform :rolleyes:

His father is a crackpot preacher:

http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/brucewilson/ted-cruzs-father-suggested-his-son-anointed-bring-about-end-time-transfer

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ilanbenmeir/the-most-controversial-things-ted-cruzs-dad-has-ever-said#.xyVLprNR6m

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/frankschaeffer/2013/10/ted-cruz-father-is-a-rabid-right-wing-preacher-what-more-do-you-need-to-know-about-the-why-of-the- shutdown/

Thank you, I enjoyed reading this and agree with the premise of the article.

Beyond that, I will NEVER, EVER vote for another president from Texas.

I thought Ted Cruz was born in Canada (to an American mother working there)?

Maybe he was, I dont know.

But he is still FROM Texas, at this point, seeing as he is a Senator from the Great State of Texas.

It's a prejudicial remark on my part, no doubt, about a Texan for president. But history can't be ignored.

Don't believe everything you think....
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 09:52 PM

I'm 71 and I can faintly remember when the republican party was a respectable organization with candidates who stood for reasonable things. What happened?

I'm not carrying any water for Obama either. I think he's a right wing corporate tool who is just fine with crap like NAFTA. But these weird 'conservative' people who are in the news now are just that, weird.
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 05:34 AM

As a Conservative, I say secure the border. We're a country not a welfare state for the world. I'm not anti Mexico either, quite the contrary. There is no country anywhere in the world, including Mexico with open borders, healthcare, education, ect., all for free if you can illegally get into the country. This is plain and simply wrong. The US can't afford it, and shouldn't have to. Mexico is the problem, it's economic system is the problem, it's politicians are the problem. The fix, isn't illegally migrating to the US, finding an illegal job there, and sending your money back to Mexico. The Mexican people, both living there and in the US don't want to be part of the US, they want to be citizens of Mexico. That in itself should shed some light on those of you who feel open borders are good thing. But then again, 50% of you are on some type of government handout program so it's not surprising you're backing the golden goose.

I'm fine with Cruz, Paul, Huckabee, or Carly. All are for The Fair Tax, something our country needs desperately. If, for no other reason than to take all politicians out of the taxation process.

[Edited on 3-30-2015 by Timinator]
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 08:57 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm not carrying any water for Obama either. I think he's a right wing corporate tool who is just fine with crap like NAFTA. But these weird 'conservative' people who are in the news now are just that, weird.[/rquote]

The harder I work, the luckier I get
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 11:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gulliver  
I'm 71 and I can faintly remember when the republican party was a respectable organization with candidates who stood for reasonable things. What happened?

I'm not carrying any water for Obama either. I think he's a right wing corporate tool who is just fine with crap like NAFTA. But these weird 'conservative' people who are in the news now are just that, weird.

Eisenhower was my kind of politician (in fact both parties wanted him to run for their ticket, which tells you also how strangely left the Dems have come since). It seemed as though politicians of that era cared more about the country as a whole, rather than the Repubs now protecting the rich and Dems protecting the poor.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 11:37 AM

Now, it's probably a Hope and Change Obama poster and slogans from Karl Marx on the wall?

Sounds just like an 'opinion' your hero Micheal Savage would share. :lol:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 11:49 AM

National defense is the #1 purpose of the government. Did any of you read the constitution or pass Civics in high school?

where does the constitution say national defense is the "#1 purpose" of government?
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 11:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
As a Conservative, I say secure the border. ......But then again, 50% of you are on some type of government handout program so it's not surprising you're backing the golden goose.
[Edited on 3-30-2015 by Timinator]

Tim,
How do you come up with that 50% statistic?

Would the border protection business be part of what you are calling a government handout? Is the military budget and the corporations contracted to do its dirty work (e.g. Academi [Blackwater], http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academi ) part of that Golden Goose of which you speak?

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.