Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Warning! Picture of dead fish
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 4-18-2015 at 04:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by baitcast  

A action shot of one of these guys, a fun fish for sure.

What perfect timing, I'm never lucky enough to get a shot like that. Thanks for sharing baitcast.

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 4-18-2015 at 07:42 AM

Threshers are classy jumpers, their lift off is smooth unlike Mako's , the craziest jumpers out there and scariest but also good eating, check out a high flying Mako doing his thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJYVKejC5XE

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-18-2015 at 09:40 AM

Great photos and memories of sharks.

Wow, baitcast..what a great action shot of that shark strike! I have a vivid memory of one myself, but no photo..cuz it all happened so fast!

My guest had just flown in from ND to visit and go deep-sea fishing for his first time. We went out the next morning and were trolling some dorado feathers. His rod was in the holder when it suddenly snapped back to near-breaking and then snapped back..at the same time a mako jumped back where his feather had been. The shark leaped straight up, shook it's head just once, throwing the hook...and disappeared. It was a huge and sudden sight ...all over in a second. My friend looked at me as he handed me his rod and said, "I really don't want to catch anything that big!" Your photo is a dead ringer for what we saw...thanks for the memory.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2015 at 02:25 PM

It was one of your first outings in my 16' Ryan,and three of us were all hot and bothered to go shark fishing off Long beach Cal.
Not many fished them in those days but I had my heart set on something big and bad and seen some pictures of some very large Threshers and Mako's taken around Catalina.

After a early morning bait hunt we were on our way to the island keep in mind I was still young an dumb and had no business going to the island with a worn-out engine and a old wooden boat :lol: but we were going fishing for sharks!

We had a dozen macks now all we needed was a hot to go sharks, a nice little breeze came up and we a ready for anything we thought,woudn't you know it a hour later we hook the biggest Thresher of that season on our first outing!

That sucker was nearly as long as my boat and we were in over our heads,by the time we got the lines in an got the motor started my Bud was nearly out of line already so the chase was on YIPPIE

What do we do now? we still had no idea how long that brute was, I was the captain so I made the other guy the hook man and I would be the tail man, having never seen the mouth on one of these guys I was just being careful:lol:

To shorten the story we finally get him a long side and its apparent he's to big for the boat and to big for us to handle what to do? we will let him go but how I tell my Bud you get the hook out an I will hold the tail:lol: I reach down and WHAM that long ass tail comes up a slams me in the head knocks me over backwards, now I'm laying there my head spinning and everyone is yelling something I don't understand What a ball!!

The guys cut him loose and we call it a day, we learned a lot that day and planned the next trip on the way home.
Rob

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 4-18-2015 at 04:49 PM
WOW !!

That pic is the best !! myself have caught many threshers and never ever could/would have been up to taking a pic like that !! can I get a 40 by 50 mat finish poster from you ??........GREAT SHOT !! I and many others would pay good bucks for that...
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2015 at 05:10 PM

It is not mine to give, a internet friend of mine took this pic and get this he caught it from a kayak!!!!!

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 4-18-2015 at 05:32 PM
"poor mans marlin"

WOW !! they are tasty and can be most of the time a great tail walking,,underwater missle with the sickle tail that can/will hit ya hard....a tail hooked one is one HELL of a battle...funny part is they have very small mouths.. but folks at the dock/ramp are Soo Scared... Thanks for that first GREAT shot...and on a kak must have been a Hoot !!
baitcast
Super Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 3-3-2019 at 03:08 PM

Things are slow so great pic's and a fun thread on jumping Mako's and T-sharks
Rob

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-3-2019 at 03:13 PM

Too close to my toes!
Man o man, now that is a fisherman!

I am definately going to start kayak fishing...
No Charks!
Yellowtail only!

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2019 at 07:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by baitcast  

Things are slow so great pic's and a fun thread on jumping Mako's and T-sharks
Rob

Threshers and Threshers,,, Both great jumpers and awesome table fare!

Making America Great Again
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2019 at 07:33 PM

I prefer a thresher steak over a T-Bone any day.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2019 at 08:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajadogs  
I prefer a thresher steak over a T-Bone any day.

Absolutely! If done right on the grill it is hard to beat!

Making America Great Again
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2021 at 06:22 AM

Now that people or fishing again, more fishin pic's
Rob

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.