Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Very Easy Mystery Spots
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 08:51 AM

David K.... BINGO! It is the wide pavement leading to what is supposed to be the Escalara Nautica 'highway' to Santa Rosalillita - it appears to be about four lanes wide! But, it ends in only two or three kilometers and all work has come to a halt ever since (about two years now, maybe more). But, I know you are most likely aware of that.
Good guess!
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 01:21 PM

Bob,
I thought I recognized that part of the "wide road". What a hoot that is to drive on in the middle of no where. (Or is that the edge of no where?)

Natalie Ann, what a great thread.

Keep 'em coming everybody!

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 03:08 PM

Here's another mystery spot. Loved this area a LOT.
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 03:33 PM

Okay Bob... I'll give it a go. (Probably WAY off, but what the heck.)
Looking west from somewhere near Coco's Corner?

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 04:08 PM

BajaAndy... no, it's not that far inland.
This one is probably not real fair so I'll give you two clues.
1. there is water out there
2. this scene is facing west from the edge of the Sea of Cortez
Bob H

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 04:42 PM

The brackish lagoon north of Pta. Chivato?
Bajadtodebone
Junior Nomad

Mood: baja dreamin'

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 08:34 PM

The lagoon at the south end of LA Bay?.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 11:03 PM

I know Bob! :lol::lol::lol:
For everyone else: Hint: it's low tide!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 04:51 AM

San Mateo?:?: We may need another hint....:biggrin: This is a good one.

Natalie Ann, I finally got some photos of the boat on the mud at Mulege estuary. It looks a little lonely.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 04:53 AM

Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 04:57 AM

Opps..meant to say those boat photos were for you...'CRISTOBAL'. :)
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 09:54 AM

David K - I know you know because you were there when I took this shot! But I think you really know because you have been going there all your life.

This view was taken standing on Shell Island just south of Laguna Percebu at "low tide". You can only get to Shell Island during low tide. This was a tough one because so many areas look like this throughout Baja.
Bob H

[Edited on 1-12-2005 by Bob H]

cristobal
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 11:09 AM
POMPANO ....

Gracias amigo .... I will get the word off to the owners DAUGHTER ..... that he still has his sailboat in MULEGE :bounce:
I am sure she is wondering if her dad is out on the high seas ....:bounce:

The owner sent me an E-MAIL from SANTA ROSALIA in MARCH 2003 that he was asked to leave the marina .... he was several months behind in rent. When he made his escape .... there was no wind for the longest time. It took him 4 days to go the 100 miles (160 KM) SOUTH to the river ...:bounce: now that is slooooooow.:bounce:
That is the sailboat that I listed for sale on the AMIGOS board in JAN 2003 for $18,000. He was planning to sail the boat up to SAN DIEGO and put it on the market ... if he couldn't get rid of it in BAJA. :bounce: who knows where he is now ...??????

:o:smug:;D:wow::P:P
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2005 at 12:43 AM

What a nice way that worked out....
I post a not-very-good image simply because I like the sky/water colors. Cristobal sees my post and recognizes the boat. Pompano is kind enough to go there to take a picture of same boat one year later... certainly appears to be in the same spot and angle, too. It just kinda brings a smile to my heart. Cristobal, may this all be helpful to his daughter in some way.

And one other thing.... sure wish I'd known it was deserted when I was there. I'm sure I could have found someone to take her (and me) out for a sail had I known. :);):rolleyes:

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
rednckgrrl

sad.gif posted on 2-3-2005 at 08:40 PM
Mudbound boat

Natalie Ann and Cristobal....

That is my fathers boat, the Emma Nell, slanting in the mud. He built that with his own two hands in the back yard of the suburbs and named it after his mother. Such a shame to see it that way. If anyone has any information on the boat or my father (Tony Cox) please e-mail me. I would love to come rescue the boat but I don't have a trailer just yet. It's a family heirloom and priceless to me. Coming across it this way has just been a miracle.

Thanks for any and all information, especially pictures. Please e-mail me!!
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2005 at 11:40 AM

Rednckgrrl - I'll check our photos from that trip this weekend; perhaps we have one with you dad's boat from another angle. If we are able to find any I'll u2u you here to get your regular email address.

I'm thinking perhaps one of our members from the Mulege area might ask around about the boat and her owner - Pompano (again)? or maybe Bruce? Capt. Mike's literally just around the corner when he's down there and might check with Serenidad staff? Bob and Susan in their spare time (that's a joke, you two, I know you're real busy down there!).

Let's see if anyone responds here to help you out - if not, you might try beginning a new thread asking for assistance from the Mulege area. I do wish you well, rednckgrrl, in locating your dad and also in the return of the boat. Keep us posted.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2005 at 12:37 PM
Message for Rednckgrrl...sailboat Emma Nell

Hi...I live in the area and launch a fishing boat quite often right next to where the sailboat sits in the mud. I could help with getting some information on the boat. What did you have in mind?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
expat2B
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2005 at 05:57 PM

I'll try one...
and hope it falls within the very easy category. Truth be told, I know where "it" is located, but not "who" it's supposed to represent.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.