Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Boring posters
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 1-12-2005 at 10:13 AM
Boring posters

Well, its happening again, some of the gringo riff raff are trying to attack and start arguments over my posts.
From what I have seen, unless I start something that may be considered controversial by these Do you know who I am people, this place is about as exciting as watching bamboo grow. Maybe less except for a very few who actually have something to say or some cool pics of Baja.
Is it your personalities or is life really that boring and you guys are regular troves of excitement and information that I am missing?
azusa_bob
Banned

Mood: Hot to Trot!!

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 01:17 PM

Please stop knocking JR everyone! He may be ignorant and arrogant - but he's a great kisser! :lol::lol::moon::moon:
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 03:21 PM
azusa_bob

Only two posts, and already kissing? Surely you must be making this up--JR doesn't strike me as being all that easy.

bajalera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 05:07 PM
How funny is that

Ol kneel and bob from azusa is one of my ex girlfriends from the travelers board. She was evicted from there because of similar postings and she obviously just wasnt that good anyway.
Good to see she has been brushing up on brilliance though.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 05:46 PM
JR

Still waiting you instructions on "How to Kill Bamboo growing on my place here in Texas.

Skeet/Loreto

Pray or become Prey
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 06:27 PM

Hey JR-

Don't P-nche gringos spend all their free time on the Internet while travelling in Baja?

The last thing I would do while in Baja is spend my time trash-talking, or sharing my profound wisdom, on Nomads. I would wait until I returned to my gringo land.

Just an observation...have fun!

Zac

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 07:52 PM

JR,

Keep on posting !
If you don't, we will only have half as many posts to read and one less place to direct our attention, aggression or whatever.

Thanks,
Diver

PS Just laid a strand woven bamboo floor. It is amazingly heavy, hard and stable. I am very impressed !
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Hey JR-

Don't P-nche gringos spend all their free time on the Internet while travelling in Baja?

The last thing I would do while in Baja is spend my time trash-talking, or sharing my profound wisdom, on Nomads. I would wait until I returned to my gringo land.

Just an observation...have fun!

Zac

:lol::lol::lol:

Amazing isn't it, that while in Baja (in the Gringo enclaves he raves against) he finds time to berate us ingorant, closed minded, non-family oriented "P-nche gringos", isn't it? Makes you wonder why he does it?
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 08:08 PM
Skeet. Wooow!! What ever you do... don't pee on the Bamboo

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Still waiting you instructions on "How to Kill Bamboo growing on my place here in Texas.

Skeet/Loreto

Pray or become Prey

RandyMac

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 08:10 PM

Skeet--if I may--cut the bamboo almost ground level, immediately brush on undiluted "Super Concentrated Roundup" on the opened stalks. Treat any newly sprouting stems at half strength of above. Should work pretty well....any idea what kind of bamboo it is?
Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 08:24 PM

Skeet. If you have a problem with throwing more poison into the earth, here's a cleaner method, but one that has to be undertaken by a young man. I was 43 when I did it and it nearly killed me.

Get a mattock and dig up the plants. The mattock has more leverage than a mere shovel. Allow the grass surrounding the plants to grow. This will reveal the shoots sent up by the runners. With your mattock, dig up the runners, one by one till all are removed. This would be child's play to a young Messican.
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 08:40 PM

Nikon, you just dated yourself. You have to be at least 60 to call a pick with a fat end a Mattocks.:lol:

Yea, that will give you a work out though.

Skeet, 5 gallons of gas and stand back. Whooosh!:biggrin:

JR, must be in the hospital with an internet connection, or hooked up with a gal with a computer.:lol:

WTF. Lets have a trip report. Pandejo!!:lol:
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 08:53 PM

Toxicity Info for Roundup:

Oral LD 50(mg)--the SMALLER the number the MORE toxic the substance:

Strychnine 16
Nicotine 50
Caffeine 150
Aspirin 350
DDT 500
Penicillin 1,000
Table Salt 3,300
Roundup 4,300 (glyphosphate)
Water 10,000

It takes 16 mg of strychnine to kill 50% of a test rat population. It takes 10,000 mg of water to do the same.....Roundup, at 4,300 mg ain't that toxic at all. It does not leach thru the soil well at all and is broken down by bacteria in 1-164 days.

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fieldcrops/3938.html

Frigatebird
Nomad

Mood: Soaring

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 09:51 PM
Hey Mexitron,

where does this thread rank? :lol:

Frigatebird

Avatar courtesy of Herb :tumble:
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 09:54 PM

You got me Frigatebird!! Guilty!:lol:
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 10:02 PM
Hey JR, it's tough to SMILE around all those obnoxious...

gringos as you relate to them, but SMILE man. Life's too short.

If in a bind and you get Wound Too Tight, try this method of S*M*I*L*I*N*G; it has always worked for me in real tough situations. :lol::lol: :lol::lol:

RandyMac

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2005 at 05:13 AM
Thanks to All!

Yes I do know what a Mattocks is used for!

However at this ole Age of nearly 74 i was looking for an easy solution. fire would be nice but it is next to the Shop Wall. I will give roundup a Try with lots of Water to delute. thanks for the Assistance.
It is 24 Degrees at this moment, wonder why it does not Freeze to death.

Skeet/Loreto
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2005 at 07:11 AM

If you want to get nasty; try "Crossbow".
It makes roundup look like kool aid but isn't all that nasty long term.
I think you may by using the roundup until you're 80 ! Bamboo is tough stuff !
Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2005 at 08:58 AM

Skeet, my previous post requires careful reading. I used the word "runners". Runners or rhizomes, was God's plan for the invasive species among the 250 kinds of bamboo, to propogate themselves. God foresaw the Internet and the many false prophets it would spawn, even to the invention of Roundup. I listened when an old guy told me what to do about my bamboo. I bought a "mattock", not "mattocks", since I only needed one tool. My longest runners extended fifty feet, under the fence and into the front yard. Obviously this was long before I learned about the craters that an F18 can deliver from a thousand pounder, the only real alternative to "my" method, of which I can conceive.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2005 at 09:31 AM

"... strand woven bamboo floor"
What is that exactly? What is the installation technique?

Do goats or cows eat bamboo?
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.