Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: RV Parks in Northern Baja - Ensenada area
Widget

[*] posted on 6-20-2015 at 12:25 PM
RV Parks in Northern Baja - Ensenada area

Greetings,
My husband and I are preparing for our first RV trip into northern Baja, primarily around the Ensenada area. We are planning to stay a month. Any full hook up RV parks that any of you would recommend? Also any advice for newbies is appreciated along with places of interest that are fun to visit. Thanks in advance.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-20-2015 at 01:22 PM
Ensenada

I would suggest the Estero Beach Resort and RV park.

Right on the ocean with all facilities. A bit expensive on their posted rates, but you can negotiate down. http://www.hotelesterobeach.com/en/rv-park.phpI know someone who got them down to 50% of their posted rate for a month long stay

Plenty of places to go and things to do...

Baja Country Club
Guadalupe Valley wine and food exploring and wine tours
San Carlos Hot Springs
Swimming, kayaking, exploring
Shopping
Day trips to Rosarito/Popotla
Activities depending on what month

[Edited on 6-20-2015 by bajaguy]
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2015 at 01:25 PM
I second the suggestion

I was about to suggest the same. 3 or 4 miles south of Ensenada and at the beach, with a decent restaurant. I would assume that as an RV guest you could use the pool & spa of the hotel.

John M
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-20-2015 at 03:49 PM

How big is your rig and what do you mean by "full hookups"?
As baja guy said Estero is the PREMIUM (meaning expensive) place to stay but the camping area is not on the beach and you can't even see the water from there. Her in Punta Banda there are 3 places that are less expensive and provide electric and water hook up and a sewer dump station.
1) La jolla Beach Camp. The's a BN thats has been camping there in his VW van for months. www.lajollabeachcamp.com/

2) Villarino's villarinopark.com/en/

3) Lomas del Mar On the bluff overlooking the bay and 1 mile past Villarino's
www.lomasdelmar.com.mx/

[Edited on 6-20-2015 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2015 at 03:59 PM
Estero Beach

RV park is in lower right corner

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.77739,-116.614278,691m/data=...

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-20-2015 at 04:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

Ooops I'm wrong again. When leaving the restaurant I thought I saw a camp ground sign across from the office.

Bob Durrell
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2015 at 04:28 PM

You need to get out more often, Bob

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

Ooops I'm wrong again. When leaving the restaurant I thought I saw a camp ground sign across from the office.
Widget

[*] posted on 6-20-2015 at 05:31 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions. We are in a 35 foot Class A RV. By full hook ups I mean; water, electricity and sewage. I will be sure to look up the links. Your assistance and activity suggestions are much appreciated. :D
maryellen50
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2015 at 10:31 AM

Lomas del Mar is O.K. if you like solitude. there's not much around there except La Bufadora. You rarely see RVs there. I don't think management has a desire to promote the area.

Be careful about Mona Lisa in Estero Beach. I stayed there for a month and it is very noisy with lots of barking dogs and questionable people living there permanently. The owner is in the U.S. so the property has become run down with little management. It used to be a nice place until the owner left. And it is not the cheapest place either.
Widget

[*] posted on 6-21-2015 at 10:41 AM

Thank you for the info and the heads up about Mona Lisa in Estero Beach. Has anyone heard of Clam Beach RV Resort in Ensenada? Looks fairly new.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2015 at 11:11 AM

quote=988101&tid=79329&author=Widget]Thank you for the info and the heads up about Mona Lisa in Estero Beach. Has anyone heard of Clam Beach RV Resort in Ensenada? Looks fairly new. [/rquote]

Clam Beach RV Resort is located about 30 KM north of Ensenada, Not close to anything much except LaMision. Be a pain to drive back and forth between there and Ensenada, plus the tolls will add up. Don't have any reviews on it that I can share
Widget

[*] posted on 6-21-2015 at 01:00 PM

I'm baaaack :D Getting excited about our Baja adventure and have more questions for you seasoned travelers. We will be traveling in a 35 foot motor home with a tow car.

1. Which border crossing provides better driving / route logistics, cause we are freakin huge? San Ysidro or Otay Mesa

2. Where else besides the immigration office in Tijuana can we purchase a Tourist card aka travel visa aka an FMM card. Is there a location on the California side?

3. Is there appropriate parking for a rig our size at the immigration office in Tijuana?

4. We are bringing our dog. Is a "Health Certificate" which is required, merely a proof of shots, specifically rabies or is it some formal form?

Thanks for your time and advice born of experience.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2015 at 02:32 PM

1. With your rig, the San Ysidro crossing will be best. Plenty of parking space to get your FMM and have your rig inspected.....don't forget a copy of the title and and registration for your Toad

2. You can only get them at border crossings and ports

3. Yes

4. "Required" but seldom asked for. Just carry shot records and make sure Rabies shot is up to date. Been crossing since 1962 with dogs and cats, never asked southbound, only asked for rabies info once northbound

Toll road - you will be charged per-axle on your combination. You will pass through three toll booths between Tijuana and Ensenada - Tijuana (Playas), Rosarito and San Miguel (Ensenada)

You will also need Mexican Liability insurance for your Toad. You can get insurance for your MH and Toad at Bajabound......look for their ad banner at the top of this page
Widget

[*] posted on 6-21-2015 at 03:03 PM

Thanks Bajaguy, you Rock! :D
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2015 at 03:46 PM

As you travel around in Baja you will find that RV camps are shall we say more "rustic" than what you may be used to up north. Don't count on full hookups being really full hookups. Many have only 15 amp power 30 if you are lucky and 50 amp service I've never found. Water hookups? I don't use any of them. I go to an "agua purifica" and fill my onboard tank and use it. The water is always good and its cheap. Every city has one. Sewer may or not be where you need it or work, even if it is "available". Plan on using onboard stuff and refill and dump when you find it. If you do find a good one with full hookups enjoy it while you are there.

There's a good book on RV stuff down there an it was written by I think 'Church" I don't have it handy but its OK .

Don't let these hindrances stop you. You'll find friendly people, good food and an interesting time. Protect your stuff as you would in any big city. Don't leave things laying around outside when you are gone.
Widget

[*] posted on 6-22-2015 at 02:17 PM

Thank you Cliffy for the information and advice, especially about the water and sewage issues. We have solar and function nicely without electrical hook ups.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.