Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Donnald Trump and the Pinatas
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 09:27 AM
The IMPORTANT Question IS ...............

Is the Donald having FUN ?

The money thing is incidental for those who have enough of it.

I'm reminded of the NFL vs. AFL days when Lamar Hunt was subsidizing the league and the weaker teams to stay in the fight.

His father (H.L. Hunt) was asked "How LONG can your son keep this up. It's costing him a Million dollars a year" ?

"Well, in about a hundred years, he 'could' be in trouble" !
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 10:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
It's telling when none of the other candidates have blasted Trump for his his comments.

Why would they? Trump is gaining popularity with Republicans. They agree with him.

"Presidential hopeful Donald Trump has rocketed to second place in a recent national poll and in the early nominating states of Iowa and New Hampshire."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/democrats-cheer-donald-trum...

Just goes to show how f'd up the party is....wouldn't want to upset the racist arm of the party before the debates now:no:

Gaining in a popularity poll has nothing to do with the GOP. In this case he has only gained in popularity in Iowa and New Hampshire and who cares what those people think?

Bob Durrell
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 10:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  

Gaining in a popularity poll has nothing to do with the GOP. In this case he has only gained in popularity in Iowa and New Hampshire and who cares what those people think?

Nothing to do with the GOP???? Sure it does. Republicans are the ones being polled. All the candidates care about what Iowa and New Hampshire think. If they do well in these early contests more money comes rolling in to their campaign better enabling them to carry on.

[Edited on 7-3-2015 by SFandH]
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 11:36 AM

Could this have something to do with what "The Donald" was referring to? Uh Oh, this is coming from Fox News we better fact check it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/03/man-arrested-in-c...
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 02:03 PM

It's telling when none of the other candidates have blasted Trump for his his comments.

Why would they? Trump is gaining popularity with Republicans. They agree with him.

"Presidential hopeful Donald Trump has rocketed to second place in a recent national poll and in the early nominating states of Iowa and New Hampshire."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/democrats-cheer-donald-trum...

Just goes to show how f'd up the party is....wouldn't want to upset the racist arm of the party before the debates now:no:

Yeah, that is about as rational as Scalia deciding that California wasn't a western state because we embrace the 21st. century and he is still living in the Iron Age. :lol::lol::lol:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 09:55 PM

The murder on the San Francisco pier was done by yet another of those Messican Rapists should have been kept out by The Wall That Donald Will Build (and make Mexico pay for it).

Anyone care to wade in to his defense in his statements of how right he is? Go ahead, and in the mean-time, I vote to let the Stars and Bars wave to show ME who YOU are.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 02:53 PM

Indignant Jeb Bush Says He Takes Donald Trump’s Remarks Personally

"Jeb Bush, whose wife is Mexican and three children were raised to celebrate their bicultural roots, showed a flash of anger on Saturday as he said that he “absolutely” took personal offense when Donald Trump recently described Mexican immigrants coming to the United States as “rapists” and criminals.'

“To make these extraordinarily ugly kind of comments is not reflective of the Republican Party,” Mr. Bush said

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/07/04/an-an...

and Marco Rubio

"Trump’s comments are not just offensive and inaccurate, but also divisive."

http://www.mediaite.com/online/marco-rubio-on-trump-offensiv...

[Edited on 7-4-2015 by SFandH]
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 03:14 PM

Can't have a real pinata party without this one.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 03:37 PM

Nothing to do with the GOP???? Sure it does. Republicans are the ones being polled. All the candidates care about what Iowa and New Hampshire think. If they do well in these early contests more money comes rolling in to their campaign better enabling them to carry on.

I was just responding to Bajaboy's comment "Just goes to show how f'd up the party is....wouldn't want to upset the racist arm of the party before the debates now"

Those polls were taken by CNN/ORC among 500 LIKELY GOP voters. Did those 500 represent the entire national GOP? No! In fact who said they were even registered Republicans? They did! Did CNN check their credentials? No! So if Trump is second to Ben Carson in populartity in those states does that mean the GOP is flocked up and racist? No!

Trump’s rise has been on a parallel track with Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders’s second-place rise in the Democratic presidential contest. In Democratic polls Sanders has support around 35 percent. But in a diffused Republican field, Trump can nab second place with just 11 percent support.

Bob Durrell
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 03:41 PM

I hear he's coming out with a new line of flavored shoes......

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 03:48 PM

I was just responding to Bajaboy's comment "Just goes to show how f'd up the party is....wouldn't want to upset the racist arm of the party before the debates now"

Those polls were taken by CNN/ORC among 500 LIKELY GOP voters. Did those 500 represent the entire national GOP? No! In fact who said they were even registered Republicans? They did! Did CNN check their credentials? No! So if Trump is second to Ben Carson in populartity in those states does that mean the GOP is flocked up and racist? No!

Trump’s rise has been on a parallel track with Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders’s second-place rise in the Democratic presidential contest. In Democratic polls Sanders has support around 35 percent. But in a diffused Republican field, Trump can nab second place with just 11 percent support.

Polls are so marginal in so many cases --- just ask Karl Rove --- they made his head spin. :biggrin:

You are correct, it is a very diffused Republican field which makes the results even less reliable.

Then again, I find it amazing that ANYONE supports Trump. As one of my Republican friends said in a political e-mail exchange, don't even bring up Trump as he is simply an embarrassment to everyone!

If he gets into the debates, that will be very interesting. :yes:

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 04:01 PM

Those polls were taken by CNN/ORC among 500 LIKELY GOP voters. Did those 500 represent the entire national GOP? No!

I've always wondered how pollsters can claim their polls are accurate while using small samples, but they make the claim the results are indicative of general sentiment. I don't under the statistical math behind it all.

The other candidates are speaking up, probably after consulting their statisticians. ;)

redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 04:24 PM

To quote Randy Newman: "Well he may be a fool/ but he's our fool".
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 07:25 AM

Indignant Jeb Bush Says He Takes Donald Trump’s Remarks Personally

"Jeb Bush, whose wife is Mexican and three children were raised to celebrate their bicultural roots, showed a flash of anger on Saturday as he said that he “absolutely” took personal offense when Donald Trump recently described Mexican immigrants coming to the United States as “rapists” and criminals.'

“To make these extraordinarily ugly kind of comments is not reflective of the Republican Party,” Mr. Bush said

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/07/04/an-an...

and Marco Rubio

"Trump’s comments are not just offensive and inaccurate, but also divisive."

http://www.mediaite.com/online/marco-rubio-on-trump-offensiv...

Thanks for posting those. I'm still at a loss why there is not more push back by the party/media. Trump's comments are way out of line.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 08:06 AM

Some are missing a point:

Trump is the best thing that has ever happened for immigration rights activists. He shines a big light on their case to their advantage.
They should be thanking him, and I'm sure they are, but quietly.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 09:13 AM

Thanks for posting those. I'm still at a loss why there is not more push back by the party/media. Trump's comments are way out of line.

Complicated political calculus and maybe because of Reagan's 11th Commandment:

"Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican."

[Edited on 7-5-2015 by SFandH]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 03:00 PM
Playing the Trump Card

Maybe the polls simply reflect voter opinion that he's fun to have around throwing bombs and making things interesting.

Who'd want him to drop from the Top Ten and miss the first Debate ?

Trump's having a Good Time and he can afford it. The public is having a Good Time expressing their indignity and thinking it means something.

Win - Win for ALL.

BTW, anyone who feels "embarassed" by Trump's comments and worries about what ANY foreigner might think of them is ...........................easily embarassed.

They must go through life sporting a constant Blush.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 03:24 PM

On statistics ...

Depends on how good one is solving for X :biggrin::biggrin:

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 03:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  
On statistics ...

Depends on how good one is solving for X :biggrin::biggrin:

Out of all the long lists of questions answered out side of the box, this one is one of my ABSOLUTE favorites. :biggrin::biggrin:

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2015 at 11:26 AM

Would a non-member of the Pythagoreans society be able to solve it?
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.