Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Help build an eco -resort
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 09:16 AM

Sell it to Wildcoast or the Nature Conservancy to keep it unbuilt.
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 12:37 PM

Was thinking something like this . http://www.hotelendemico.com/explora.html

Not the blue prints just thoughts of the direction to work toward .
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 02:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mulegemichael  
yeah, whalista, most of us old geezers don't want "spa services" and "yoga classes"....we want peace and quiet and no close neighbors...spa services?????....really????...i don't want to see another human being let alone a spa instructor.

A Spa instructor is the person teaching you how to push the buttons on the hot tub.

I might be qualified.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 02:41 PM

No hot tubs......

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 03:41 PM
Laying about !!

I'm thinking European gal's sunning and enjoying the view..
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 03:44 PM

I had to look up Danzante, then realized it was located near Nopoló. Danzante sounded like a great idea - Nopoló, not so much (aka awful).

In doing my search, I bumped into this 2008 article from National Geographic Traveler - sorry if this is a repost: Is Baja on the Block?

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 03:46 PM

I have to commend Ligui for his dream.

What I am not sure about is the future of Loreto. It represents what is probably the most failed attempt by Fonatur. The infrastructure is there, but after all these years, so little development.

Could be a good thing for many of the locals. With the possible exception of the family that owns the Hacienda Suites, because the Villa Group built that Hotel Santa Fe right next to them.

Villa Group is quite a wealthy company. They have been paying for flights from their properties in Cabo up to Loreto to see if they can sell timeshares to their current owners. Kind of a pricey presentation,
but they have the money. It's about already over-selling their other properties, and trying to get people to still book.

The Mayan Palace people, formally known as Vidanta, built a huge resort at Rocky Point. It is easily drivable from the states.

These folks actually have a dedicated, full time theater for a Cirque De Soleil troup on their property by Playa Del Carmen.

My heart says that Loreto should remain as it is. I just wory that will not happen.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 05:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ligui  
We are still holding onto our property ensenada blanca . Anyone want to join up and build a small eco danzante type resort ?

7 acres on private beach .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_kEJ27tc4&feature=fvw

Why not a RV park? Prohibit loud Mexican pop music and have available Canadian beer and Canadian sharp cheddar and you'll fill the place up for the winter. Call it RV Park Hoja de Arce.

A sure winner.
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 06:13 PM

eh !
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 06:40 PM

A Camp Gecko-like campground/ RV park (pre 2005 era) with a central guest/hospitality room for events, BBQs, pot lucks, Internet, and maybe some activities on occasion.

Not sure why it has to be Canadian beer, as Mexican beer rocks? Whatever the guest wants however... is how to stay in business!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Genecag
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 09:56 AM

Not the blue prints just thoughts of the direction to work toward .

This place is doing extremely well. Rooms start at $350+ and are routinely booked solid.

They are enjoying the whole boom in Valle de Guadalupe with large traffic from US and money to support their resort.

Make it a Great Day!!
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 12:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Genecag  

This place is doing extremely well. Rooms start at $350+ and are routinely booked solid.

They are enjoying the whole boom in Valle de Guadalupe with large traffic from US and money to support their resort.

really...have you looked at the "books"
...I don't think so

I love that place too...what a great idea...only if I was younger

also 5 million for the little B&B eco-resort in loreto...nope

they sold for under a million...took their horses and rode into the sunset

forget rv parks...those big dinosauras rv homes are all but gone form the road in baja...too expensive to operate...

my advice...build small...I mean tiny with a garage...sell the houses...rent the land...

never sell empty lots...
you'll be in a construction zone the rest of time
and some people will NEVER finsh their unit

they will leave ugly block boxes up forever...people are dreamers

if you want an association...it HAS to be made before ANY sales...and everyone that buys HAS to join with a HUGE enforceable fine if they don't pay dues
some wont pay later...it happens all the time

I should write a kindle book hahaha sorry

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 12:38 PM

350/DAY? Geezers are talkin 350/MONTH.....Maybe more with good looking ladies around....400?

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 12:43 PM

Chuckie,
What do think is more realistic for your consumption.....good Canadian beer and cheddar (not that Tillamook wannabe cheeze).....or a bunch of good-lookin' babes ???

Yeah....in your dreams.....;D

Don't believe everything you think....
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 12:50 PM

$350 is not a bad price for a nice place...
you haven't traveled too much lately

it's not the 70's anymore...even though that's where I live

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 01:07 PM

I rent a lovely place in Mulege now, in Loma Azul for 300/month...Been in Mulege on and off for over 30 years.....I liked the 60's mo bettuh....

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 04:48 PM

Simply, the valley has become a go to place for the well-heeled yuppies. Especially those in So Cal who don't want to drive all the way up the coast to the Napa wine country. That is how they afford those daily rates.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 04:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Simply, the valley has become a go to place for the well-heeled yuppies. Especially those in So Cal who don't want to drive all the way up the coast to the Napa wine country. That is how they afford those daily rates.

That's true, plus, unlike the Loreto area, there are literally millions of people living within driving distance, many quite wealthy.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 05:07 PM

Edit:
I would consider many things that are beyond the control of the property owner that add value to the overall experience, and give people a reason to travel/stay there, before investing in something like this.

I'm not familiar with this location, but people are generally willing to pay for a memorable/rare/out of the ordinary experience- so, what does this place have to offer beyond lovely views, relaxation etc.?

The Ignacio Springs folks seem to be doing well: home-style meals, deliciously prepared. Yurts that are comfy but low impact. Near whales in springtime, cave painting, fishing, birdwatching etc. other times of year.

Having water adjacent is nice (usually) tho fire hazard is an issue in oasis. (see http://ignaciosprings.com/ )

No water? Wine works (Guadalupe).

Add good food, locally produced cheese, olive oils, seafood and entertainment a short drive away...

These are a few of the ingredients that other "eco" places have that make them popular.

[Edited on 7-4-2015 by Whale-ista]

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 04:03 PM

Add good food, locally produced cheese, olive oils, seafood and entertainment a short drive away...

These are a few of the ingredients that other "eco" places have that make them popular.

I did not know that there was a multi-plex in San Ignacio.:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-4-2015 by Whale-ista][/rquote]
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.