Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Houses for sale
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2015 at 12:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MulegeClavo  
JC43 - Seems like Odile did a job on Cabo, so as I said before, no place in Mexico is safe from hurricanes. Ask those in Ask Puerta Vallarta this year. There has never been hundreds of homes on the river so I do not know where you get your information and I do not know of any homes that got washed away in the Oassis. The home market is not determined by your opinion, it is based on what people will pay. Glad you did not settle in the Oassis because I would hate to have someone like you spoil my peace and solitude. Peace out and go roll around in your negativity. Life is just to short for people like you........

Ohhhhh! You are not capable of counting! I learned counting in the first class elementary school. (Maybe you were sick at that time) The Oasis alone contains of nearly 100 lots and >> formerly homes > many of which are washed away or abandoned. Plus the Orchard. Plus Marie Isabelle. Plus Mirandas. Plus all the homes down the river. Not counting Jorges park which is completely destroyed. Not counting La Fortuna and other homes on the N side. Overall about 200, maybe 300 homes! But in one point you are right: The real estate market is not determined by my opinion. Bad thing for you: it is not determined by yours either. And buying a home in the river valley is only the second best choice. Cleaning a property and house after a flood is very costly. Nobody can deny that. Even more as you are loosing lots of household goods during any, even the smallest flood. It is not funny but kinda betraying people what you are saying. Like my company experienced when interested in buying a home in Mulege. A seller told us that living in a flood zone is a piece of cake. He stated: Just move all your household goods to a higher place (must be a storage and paying for as otherwise the Mexicans will use it as a self service station) let the flood go through the house. Pressure wash the house after the flood. Then move back in. What a stupid guy he was, believing that others are as stupid as he is.
1. Moving is a pain in the a$$ every time. No matter how far you go.
2. Let the flood go through??? What about the doors and windows? Most of them are gone after the flood.
3. Pressure wash? What about the mud about 16 or 20 inch high? No pressure washer can handle that.
4. After pressure washing a house you gotto paint it again. In and outside!
5 After all that is done, which takes you 3 to 6 weeks, you can get your stuff from the storage moving back in.
6. That procedure is mandatory every two years or so as experience shows.
And you wanna tell the world that living along the Mulege river is just fine and costs only pennies?
How stupid you think buyers are nowadays? Of course, there came some very smart ones like you to Mulege thinking they can buy a decent home for 10 or 15 K. Today they all wanna get rid of their `good deal´. hahahahaha
6 weeks paying laborers (Mexicans -- and they know what amount of $$$ to ask for) living in a hotel is just too costly if you can live on a hillside avoiding all the mess.
And YES you are right again. I am happy that we never purchased a house in the Oasis or Orchard or, or. etc. We prefer to have smart neighbors for a decent conversation. Period.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-6-2015 at 01:53 PM

What a phoney! "his company" was supposed to be interested in buying the Serenidad, now it was a house. He ran down everything and everybody, made appointments he didn't keep, left so much bull shice behind that the flood cleanup seemed like a Monday laundry....Go back and read his posts from that period if you wanna waste your time...Con man pure through....

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2015 at 04:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
What a phoney! "his company" was supposed to be interested in buying the Serenidad, now it was a house. He ran down everything and everybody, made appointments he didn't keep, left so much bull shice behind that the flood cleanup seemed like a Monday laundry....Go back and read his posts from that period if you wanna waste your time...Con man pure through....

I certainly forgive you! Other 80 year old farks have better memory - but what the heck! Just for the records: We looked at the Serenidad back then when the rumor got around that it is for sale. Nobody said that our company was interested to buy! We just looked at an opportunity and learned about the problems with all the flooding. And we looked at a house which is for sale, for our General Manager in case the deal w/ the Serenidad becomes reality. Is that understandable for you so far? Said house is located on a hillside and away from all the problems of the river valley. That's it. But you don`t remember - or you don`t want to remember b/c you are nasty by nature! Which is a natural thing in your age.
At this very moment our team is in P.V. and we found some other good business opportunities. So what?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2015 at 06:14 PM

JC? That's a real stretch even for you...But pretty creative..I do appreciate your concern for the frailties of we older folks. Perhaps you could have "your company" make a sizeable donation to AARP or one of the foundations to help the elderly? I will contact the boards of several of "my companies" to see if they will match it......

mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2015 at 08:45 AM

Dang Cliff, I never realized how bad off we are here in the valley,,, Living in all that mud and mold and here I thought it was palm trees and fruit trees... Should we be vacating to save ourselves??? I know all the residents in the Orchard, most in the Oasis and none have told me "here take my casa please,,, for free"
It is good to know that we have a self appointed "annoyted" preacher of the gospel of all things bad in the zone and we should be very afraid...
She only hits the pulpit when someone lists a property for sale or rent in the valley...
That's maybe good to keep us honest... folks would have a hard time knowing there was ever a flood here...
So to let you know, we may put the theatre back up and have some movie nights but wear your boots....
but for now I gotta go check to see if I need to scrape some mud and mold off the walls and floors... Nah,, think I will sit on the patio with a cold beer and watch the birds...

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
bobblack

[*] posted on 11-8-2015 at 08:46 AM
mulege sniper attack

The Baja nomad forum is a great place to visit and learn about the Baja experience. The knowledge learned reading other post's of great experiences or bad experiences is invaluable. Especially when one can learn from other peoples mistakes. Every day in Baja is a learning experience.
It is unfortunate when the conversation comes under attack. The distraction is disheartening, but the entertainment is never ending. Always fun to watch small minded people with over sized egos fighting it out . Only to prove who can be more ridicules. But i will keep reading for the nuggets of 'gold' and put in a sewer filtering system to reduce the bad orders.
I have met Cliff and he seems to be a honorable man. The rental / house real estate business is a younger mans game. I am sure he is getting older and his energy level is slower. He has done a great service for the Mulege area by providing descent housing for many people... To trash talk a honorable person is a disservice to all. BB.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2015 at 09:59 AM

BB, just read everything from the beginning >(> some folks need to read everything twice to understand. And especially for you and Chucky an Budda: I`m writing this v e r y slowly - as I know you are not capable of reading fast!!!) ::: I never, ever said any damn word about Mr. Taylor as I don`t even know him. I know the situation in and around the Mulege river valley, but nothing about Mr. Taylor. If it would be interesting to me - as it is not - I just would ask one of our drivers, both lived in Mulege before they joined our company. They know everybody in Mulege. So any info I need would be perfectly correct from them. BTW, Clavo, again you didn`t understand what you where reading: At the time I wrote the other post I was in PV. I do live in CSL. And FOLKS BEWARE: I am traveling up north next week maybe on Tuesday or Wednesday, staying overnight near Mulege and having breakfast in Mulege. So:::::: Scumbags, watch out, I`m coming!!!

[Edited on 11-8-2015 by JC43]
MulegeClavo

[*] posted on 11-8-2015 at 11:23 AM

JC43 - This is Ms Clavo and we are shaking in our flip flops. No Bad Days in Mulege........
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2015 at 01:06 PM

JC43 - This is Ms Clavo and we are shaking in our flip flops. No Bad Days in Mulege........

Just wait until the next hurricane and the flood thereafter and you will again learn not to walk in flip-flops but I rubber boots! LOL. Seriously, I did not bash any folks for living in the Mulege River Valley, but do not think it is too honest to state that it is just a piece of cake cleaning op a complete property and house from all the mud after a flood. Not talking about all the other hassle! And I do not mind that nearly all folks are trying to sell their properties, regardless whether they purchased it for cheap after two or three floods or before the first one. But telling a prospective buyer "my property is save" as it happened right here some time ago, is just cheating on folks.
You criticized me b/c I was stating that buying a house on a hillside and not in the river valley is cheaper by the end of the day. Make your math: If you have built or purchased your house
before the first hurricane, you paid a regular price for it, right?
For the same money you could have get one on a hillside in Mulege, right? And maybe do not have to pay the dirt lease to the landlord! Now you lost your household in the first flood. Then you learned it before the second flood and moved all stuff to a storage and cleaned your house. Then a third time and a fourth time ....etc.
Don`t you think it was cheaper to purchase a house on high ground in the first place?
Well I know for sure that some folks are making money by cheating the insurance. Telling all stuff is washed away, but in fact it is safe in a storage. And they love to clean their house and making money on that.
Handouts for my understanding.
O.K., in case you purchased your house for cheap, let`s say 10 K after three floods, then of course you might love your place and enjoy the clean up every two years or so.
Just a matter of opinion.
CaddyShack

[*] posted on 11-10-2015 at 08:48 AM

I`m not sure why someone who says he doesn`t live here is so concerned with Mulege?My guess would be that he has a house on the other side of the river that is for sale. Maybe not. I do know one thing. And that is that his post up above sounds like he is making a threat toward you folks. They deport people for that.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2015 at 09:37 AM

Printed off and dropped off at the office of the Comandante in Mulege..

They are not happy with these kind of things going on... Mulege is usually a pretty peaceful/tranquil place to live... this one was uncalled for..

Floods or no,, we still get along pretty well... Also really liked being called an Imbecile by a nut job... not.... we have never met thankfully..
we all have our opinion and facts,,,, some just like to preach louder...

now back to houses for sale by Cliff.... PLEASE>>>>>>

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
bobblack

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 09:47 AM
Body Armor Required

I am back for more but I am prepared. I Have body armor on. I do realize that there are sharper knives in the drawer, but I do not recall in my last post pointing fingers, naming names, any disparaging remarks towards any particular person. My post was a general, generic comment of civility. Something not taught any more. Small minds, large egos are to important for such nonsense. But let's more on .. Cliff does not need my help to defend his actions of wanting to reduce his investments in Mulege. But let's also be fair. Since the 1950's there has not been a devastating flood event in the Mulege river valley. After John 10 years ago there have been to many. If your a gambler the odds have evened out. To state that the future will be like the last 10 years is irresponsible. To say that it will return to the previous 50 year history pattern of minor floods is just as irresponsible. Can't ' we all just get along' and compromise, that the future is unknown.
To the interested buyers of the river valley. Ask your self. Is there risk involved. There is risk in every thing. Even staying in bed all day to avoid the hazards of life increases the risk of bed sore. So choose your poison carefully. No body escapes unscathed. The difference between the hills of Mulege and the wet zones are a choice on life styles. I have noticed that the hill dweller's have a uncompromising view. Outstanding beauty, overseeing the slow motion of life. But it is a life of separation. Your neighbors do not walk by very often and engage in conversation. When a hill dweller wants to go some where it is usually by mechanic help with 4 wheels. When they want to go stand down close to the river it is a decision of ''do I really want to walk down the hill and back up"? Maybe 'later' is the common answer. So the location accompanied with the inconvenience of effort reduces the involvement of interacting with the small and daily experiences of River life. On the other side of the argument are the people that live on the river. Problems occasionally ? guaranteed. But the daily inter action of life is increased just by the convince of closeness. In the morning freshness or the twilight of evening, sit down just enjoying the life of the river. The sound of the fish jumping, the birds squawking, the birds dive bombing a meal, the blue jelly fish floating by, a short stroll down the flat road just for fun, and more. You become connected to the life of the river. In a way that the people that see the river do not. They do not feel the river. That is the big difference. View from afar or a connection only possible by being close 24/7. So choose your poison carefully. They are both very doable and attractive life styles... to each their own. But please make your choice and don't cry about it later. Myself if I had the opportunity I would choose the closeness of life verse watching life.
So do not be afraid. There are many other choice that are far worse than house repairs.
The big plus is, Mulege has the cheapest property prices of all Baja. To experience the small quiet life of rural living, surrounded by natural beauty. For pennies on the dollar. WOW what a deal. If Mulege was perfect [like 20 years ago] it would be invaded by investment capitalist, by the rich and famous. By the people that are rich and exclusionary, even some ugly gringos. [in attitude and behavior] Talk about a perfect storm to ruin the place. Be thankful for what you have, but do not realize you have . Others do. BB
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2015 at 10:15 PM

@ mtnpop
wow, what a move! The day before yesterday our team passed trough Mulege and I missed to meet the comandante. Because of that I called Donald Trump to help to negotiate. He promised to call his all time buddy Obama demanding to tell Pena Nieto about this problem of having different opinions whether or not a flood is dangerous, costly and disgusting. I did copy and paste the thread to Donald and he answered after reading:" I have nothing against women. I will call the mayor to tell him to build a fence and I will make them pay for it. Unfortunately he missed to tell who is "them". Smart answer I think.
@ bobyblack
nice post and lots of arguments. Many of them good and true. Unfortunately some are not true. i.e. living along the river one can walk to town. Wrong! You need 4 wheels as well getting into town as the river road is washed away and there is no access to town anymore other than using the highway.
You are calling a flood an `occasional problem´. That's polite for sure but doesn`t hit the point. I`m saying cleaning up after a flood is a pain in the a$$ and is costly and unhealthy - as the mud is more like cow chit coming from upriver and, and , and. Not talking about other stuff floating down the river during a flood.
But, more than that, most folks don`t even see the river - especially at low tide and those living not directly in the first row. Well, the first row like in the Orchard is washed away anyway. O.K., all a matter of opinion, I agree. But question remains why most people living in the river valley are desperately trying to sell their properties for cheap. Like Col, purchased that property cheap-cheaper-cheapest from Don and Donna - their house was washed into the Sea of Cortez - and is now living on high ground. Why that?
One more thing: Mulege is not the town for rich and famous people, you said. Well, no nightlife, nothing going on at all other than getting drunk by 8 p.m. I agree.
But after the floods and now the properties so cheap, there is an invasion of beach bumps and handouts and unmaintained folks looking like they never wash themselves. Yes, I`m not living in Mulege > Caddy read the entire thread again, maybe you are catching the point < but I do have very good friends living in Mulege and our two drivers are from Mulege. And on many occasions we overnight in Mulege. Then I am driving around to see every change etc.
And YES, I am concerned about Mulege. Concerned if global warming continues, Mulege might be hit again. I have too many friends there which do deserve better. Even more, the economy of Mulege must recover that those ugly folks (see above) do not come to Mulege anymore but are camping on the beach way South. Handouts are not boosting the Mulege economy! Only folks with $$$ do. So "the Rich and Famous" should be very welcome in Mulege - which might be impossible under the current conditions. But the middle class is doing the deal, I guess. Like in the past.

[Edited on 11-13-2015 by JC43]
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2015 at 05:33 PM

According to scientists we are facing a HUGE El Nino this year. Let's see what happens there. Hope it ends well.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2015 at 03:56 AM

WHY? Are you responding to this guy, Buddha? Follow your own advice...

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-15-2015 at 07:50 AM

yup, you're right.
see u2u

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2015 at 06:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

yup, you're right.
see u2u

Congrats chucky and budda! smart move, as you learned not to argue with me as I am smarter than you both together :lol: See chucky, even as a 80 year old guy you can learn at least something. You just got to try hard enough. :light:
MulegeClavo

[*] posted on 11-15-2015 at 08:38 PM

No, JC43 he just decided to take his own advice and not to argue with idiots. :light:

Adios,
Ms. Mulege Clavo

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2015 at 09:44 AM

No, JC43 he just decided to take his own advice and not to argue with idiots. :light:

Adios,
Ms. Mulege Clavo

So, Mrs. Clavo, you are calling me an idiot only b/c I`m saying buying a property in the Mulege flood zone is stupid. B/c I`m saying any flood is a pain in the a$$ b/c of the mud which comes with any flood and destroys everything in its path.
On the other side you purchased (you are owning) a property which was flooded several times, but you are saying you love and enjoy it.
Now let the Nomads decide who is the stupid one!

[Edited on 11-17-2015 by JC43]
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 11-18-2015 at 08:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CaddyShack  
Get your facts straight Cliff. We don`t have floods here. They have floods in Texas, The Carolinas, New Jersey, etc. We have water events. I do agree that the prices are cheep and Cliff has some pretty nice places.

:lol:

bacquito
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.