Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Travel App for Baja California sur "Ilovebajasur"
ADCELAND
Junior Nomad

Mood: in love with Baja

[*] posted on 7-10-2015 at 04:47 PM
Travel App for Baja California sur "Ilovebajasur"

Dear Members,
I am glad to inform you that from now you will have another tools for enjoy your time in Baja California Sur... finally after several hundred kilometers around the Baja Sur, meetings, photographs, interviews APPs " Ilovebajasur" , is available in online stores Google an soon on Amazon App Store.

There are two versions in the store, " Ilovebajasur" and "Ilovebajasur-free"
"Ilovebajasur-free " that incorporates a lot of data (phone, Email and GPS position) of the major cities' of Baja Sur, restaurants, hotels and various points of interest.

"Ilovebajasur" and that is paid , as well as the data of the cities' incorporates more than 100 beaches of Baja Sur and several specific points that are part of this beautiful region of Mexico.

The Apps will be published in AppStore in next 15 days.

That 's just the beginning, the APP will be updated regularly every 40 days, collecting data and information to make the most of a wonderful trip in Baja Sur.
I will inform you about this upgrade during the next time
Thank's a lot for your time .....and sorry for my English

Adriano Ceccarelli

Links APP

Google Play Store

Amazon

"WD-40, vice grips and some duct tape.
Any man who is worth his salt, can do half of the house chores with just those three things"

Walt Kowalski - Gran Torino
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-12-2015 at 10:36 AM

looks interesting but being in Italian was a bit surprising.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
ADCELAND
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2015 at 05:10 PM

Hi Shari,
I am Italian and I live in La Paz,
The App Ilovebajasur now is in English language, but in 15 days will be published in English, Spanish , Italian and French languages.

Now is on Amazon and Google Play store.
In next week it will be published in Apple Store .

Any man who is worth his salt, can do half of the house chores with just those three things"

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-15-2015 at 05:17 PM

Good luck with your project!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2015 at 05:24 PM

Good luck with your app! Hope you make some money.

BTW, in your signature, it's "duct" tape, not "duck" tape. ;)
ADCELAND
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2015 at 05:28 PM

Yes duct.... thank's a lot..... :)

uff...make money with one App is very difficult, it' more easy pay only the beer sometimes....

ADCELAND
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2015 at 06:51 PM

Thank's David K for your post.....
I hope to speack with you in a short time......

ADCELAND
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 10:13 AM

Next week will be ready in APPLE Store for Iphone.....

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 10:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ADCELAND  
Thank's David K for your post.....
I hope to speack with you in a short time......

Drop me an email any time... If I don't answer back right away, I could be in Baja!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 02:07 PM

ADCELAND, this is not personal and i wish you well. I am very much against this kind of APP. It takes the wonder and the novelty of finding something new away. Some of the places I most value I heard abbot over a campfire and planned and worked to go find. The planning and getting there were a major part of the enjoyment of the trip. One of my favorite spots was discovered when we missed the place we planned to go and found another one. One of my best memories is from 74 when we rounded the corner above San Ignacio and the river, blew me away, shocked me me to see standing water in the middle of the desert. This app will take the discovery away. Yes, images are not the same as being there. As more people see and travel there the development follows and the treasure we had becomes less.
I know that the world is getting smaller and there are no secrets anymore. I just wish that some of Baja was less published.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 03:11 PM

MMC...My thoughts exactly...Not so much from Baja being less published but from the seeming need to have a crutch instead of an adventure...SAD......

ADCELAND
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 03:40 PM

Thanks MMC for your post.....
I will try to reply with my poor English...... :)
My name is Adriano and my nik Adceland comes from my car that is a Land Cruiser....
Your post was my first deep doubt when I start the App project, as many Nomads love travel in "adventure" before in Africa Asia and east Europe now in Baja and in the new continent ...
I think that technology can't replace the emotions that you describe ...can be only a support like a GPS or Google Earth ...I hope that nobody will came in baja feeling safe with my App ... can be a
dramatic mistake .... all travel App can be a support to project the trip when you do not know nothing about the place and you aren't expert about adventure travel.... I live in La Paz from one year after four times in Baja , and many tourist do not know other beach over Balandra.... this is the sense...help to many tourist that rent a Wrangler and after tree days in Balandra want to discover other two or tree beach..... I think that with a little work on google eart and GPS they might find out anyway .... so the problem isn't the technology, my friend that start sahara desert trip in '60 years he thought the same things about Ozi expolorer and russian maps of Algeria and Lybia.... but whit my GPS my Google Eart and other I felt the same emotions to travel in ocean sand of Sahara....
But the doubt reamain .... I love baja for this things , secret spot and travel in "nomads way" and I think that to know where is one place is only the first step.... to arrive and how to arrive will be the trip project
and the expirience....

Thank you for helping me to explain my way of thinking ....

Sorry for my english and thank's to google translator for support...

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 03:43 PM

It's called "The Velvet Hammer: Killing With Kindness". Only trying to help (and make BUCK$ in the meantime).

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 05:01 PM

Guidebooks and travel videos have been made about Baja California for over 100 years.

If you want surprise, don't buy a book or the app... simple. For others, a book, video, website, etc. opens up a land of adventure. No matter how detailed a book or app is, you cannot replace going there and you WILL see things and enjoy things that are not in the app or book.

I have enjoyed Baja books since I was 7 years old, and they enticed me from the time I began driving in Baja (1974) to take every dirt road I could, and see what is there. Before then... with my folks, (who were intrigued by the places Howard Gulick mapped and wrote about in the still awesome Lower California Guidebook) traveled the dirt roads of Baja to experience the first California!

Baja is for anyone who has the desire and ability, and it is not a private playground reserved for those who found it earlier.

An app, a book, any video... will NOT ruin Baja.

Personally, I think the grading or paving of roads are the only negative products to preserving the Baja we know, as it removes the challenge and appreciation for the ruggedness of the land. Naturally, that is only a dream since progress and the needs for Mexico outweigh our wishes for a primitive experience. There will always be bad roads we can take to a new adventure... I hope!

Best of luck Adriano!

MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 06:07 PM

The beginning of the year I decided not to argue with DK over the the posting of places in Baja. I disagree with his point of view. You can't spell adventure with a "A" anymore.
I have never looked at Baja as private or secret. Simply I hate to see it developed and access being denied to those that love it. The more people that come, the roads get better, the better the roads the more people. sooner or later the place becomes privatized. I also hate that nice spots are posted by well meaning folks that have no skin in the game and if the spot is closed it's no big deal to them, they most likely don't go there very often.
Somebody that lives and is building something in Baja is a different story. They will wake up everyday and live with what have or have not created.

ADCELAND
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 06:31 PM

Belive me, When I decided to live in baja I have faced many problems , for Italian is not to easy live 20.000 far from roots and family, but I decited, and the last thing I want to do is to disrespect this paradise.

About the money from App I hope to have a beer o if will sell a lot to pay my Ukulele lessons .....:)

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 06:55 PM

Back in 2007, I consented to Woody's request that I do not name or GPS any of the "sisters" in my trip report, over 'there'. I also told him I wouldn't say anything appealing in my report, so I referred to the region as cold, gloomy, with 'ugly' fish camps... not a lie, but just not how I would describe anywhere in Baja. If you can't say anything nice, etc.

This was to appease the 'secret spot' surfers.

It didn't matter, as the reply indicates. I could have said glorious things about that cool dirt road, isolated beached, wonderful local people... and I would not get any worse treatment than I got since by doing the favor!

As Lincoln said, you can't please all the people...

The enemy to your spots getting 'crowded' are good roads, not apps, maps or guidebooks (some of which have detailed that coast for over 50 years).

Is the area worse with you there in the opinion of the surfers who went there before you first did? Is that fair? At what point are people not worthy of going to a beach you like. At what point does it become 'ruined'?

I have openly shared my favorite beach on Baja forums for over 15 years... it is still as beautiful and uncrowded now as it was 35 years ago. Why? Not because of books or maps or Internet posts... because of bad roads... Bad roads keep it nice. The same is true about the Seven Sisters... The road to much of it is 2WD friendly... Good roads bring ALL kinds of people (not guides, apps, posts on Nomad).

Be angry at the government of Mexico, not app builders or travel writers. Bad roads act as a barrier to rif raf. Bad roads bring GOOD people, like you!

Have a nice summer!

MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2015 at 09:21 AM

Have a great summer DK. You will never get it.

ADCELAND
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 07:48 PM

Dear member
from yesterday the travel App Ilovebajasur is on Apple Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/it/app/i-love-baja-sur/id1015866049

The Free version will be available in 7 days.....

ADCELAND
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2015 at 09:35 AM

Dear member
the travel App Ilovebajasurfree is on Apple Store.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ilovebajasur-free/id102124594...

Thank's a lot for your interest....

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.