Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mail Services needed: holding, forward, scanning
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2015 at 11:31 AM
Mail Services needed: holding, forward, scanning

Now that my wife has retired, we're faced with how to handle mail. At this point, mail would be held in Colorado, but she thinks some might need to be scanned pdf.

Most finances are currently done online so don't know what else might up come.

Is this complicated and anyone have a service in CO?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2015 at 11:44 AM

I was reading a RV forum and this company was getting good reviews. It might suit your needs.

https://travelingmailbox.com/

healthdetective
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2015 at 03:44 PM

If you want to continue with a Colorado address you can try:

http://www.salidapakmail.com/

I do business with them regularly and they aim to please

“The average man does not want to be free. He simply wants to be safe.” — Mencken
ZipLine
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2015 at 04:51 PM

It depends on your location in Baja. There are many services where you can have a San Diego address and they will bring your mail across to you with good reliability. If you MUST have a Colorado address, then look for UPS stores where they will rent you a box and forward your mail.

[Edited on 7-20-2015 by ZipLine]
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2015 at 07:22 PM

I have given the wrong impression -- mail is originating in Colorado to a mail service that would then forward or hold or pdf the mail to me. Traveling Mailbox has a San Diego address that will work well. Think I'll be going with that unless something better comes along. https://travelingmailbox.com Thanks for that lead.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
rosemarybicker

[*] posted on 3-12-2017 at 04:54 AM

I guess I've arrived just a bit late to the rescue, sorry. Should you find the item somewhere,
Thanks so much for this article. It’s very timely for me, How about https://www.postscanmail.com ? Would be great if you can mention a list of details to pay attention to when selecting a parcel forwarding and Virtual address company. It will help a lot to make the right decision.
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2017 at 05:10 AM

For those few who might be wondering what this is all about, the Mexican postal service is glacial if not tectonic.

As an example I have an envelope before me that was postmarked Eugene, OR on 1-7-2017 and the arrival postmark in Mulege is 2-9-2017.

Only a christmas letter but amusing. I have no experience of their package delivery performance but have been told anecdotally that it is unreliable.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 3-12-2017 at 07:27 AM

We used Traveling Mailbox for a couple of years and it is a good company and does exactly what you are asking for. Don't recommend them for packages as their package forwarding is quite expensive and not too fast. Great for letter type mail.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 3-13-2017 at 08:15 PM

This is something that many people know about and I have used it for the last five years. I stay here for 7 months. This for only first class US mail. If you go to your local US post office in the states you can have your mail sent to the post office in Mex close to you for up to 6 months at no extra cost to you, It takes about 3 extra weeks to get it as I have a PO Box in Mulege... My post mistress have to look it up in the book to believe me

Never learned from a book-Only from mistakes, mine and yours
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2017 at 10:34 AM

In San Felipe it is easy. There are several USPO approved places that use a courier. For Package delivery you have similar options if you do not use the mentioned places.
For CO we just use USPO forwarding to the address the San Felipe place uses. Trouble is the PO has limits. which means paying a place in CO to forward to your drop box near the border then courier to get the stuff south.
Once you get to your destination in Baja solutions should be available.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-15-2017 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by roundtuit  
This is something that many people know about and I have used it for the last five years. I stay here for 7 months. This for only first class US mail. If you go to your local US post office in the states you can have your mail sent to the post office in Mex close to you for up to 6 months at no extra cost to you, It takes about 3 extra weeks to get it as I have a PO Box in Mulege... My post mistress have to look it up in the book to believe me

you aren't getting ALL your mail...you probably think so but you aren't

you have to remember you are not the owner of the mail piece until you open it...

it belongs to the person that put the postage on it and they have the right to have it returned if it isn't delivered to the address on the mail piece..

lots of mail is returned for this reason...that's just a rule

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 3-15-2017 at 09:32 PM

Bob you are right I only receive only first class mail for the last to six years .. The only mail I have not received that was important to me was a Tax statement for some property, But I was smart enough to look up and pay online. If you live here you have to street smart.. This is not Kansas Drothy
:lol::lol::lol:
Opps ( Dorthy)

[Edited on 3-16-2017 by roundtuit]

Never learned from a book-Only from mistakes, mine and yours
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2017 at 09:59 PM

Wait a minute! How about my old girlfriends Drothy and Dorothy?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.