BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: An awesome Canadian Singing Talent to Tour Baja? 'If I was President' a Hit CD Single...
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 02:23 AM
An awesome Canadian Singing Talent to Tour Baja? 'If I was President' a Hit CD Single...

Kelly Brock: An awesome Canadian Singing Talent to Tour Baja in 2005?

I have been listening tonight to 'If I Was President' a delightfully inspiring and down to earth new CD single from the talented Kelly Brock's CD: DIRTY DISHES, and I think it will be a hit outside western Canada soon, and elsewhere when she gets more of the new talent exposure that she so much deserves for her tenacity and dedication to her craft of putting out inspiring thought provoking songs.

The new single is so appropriate for the times, especially with what's been happening lately in the world, so I thought I would post this story so other Nomads can listen to this new CD single off her web site, and perhaps they'll check out her new CD: Dirty Dishes and let their friends know.

IF I WAS PRESIDENT
From her CD: DIRTY DISHES

http://www.kellybrock.com

I've also been listening to the huge CANADA FOR ASIA Canadian music benefit tonight on Canadian TV for those affected by the Asian Tsunami tragedy. Wow. Huge!!! The best of the best in Canadian music talent that have made it big in the world of music, doing their thing for a good cause.

And there is a new Canadian talent making her mark the DitY way, playing the clubs in Vancouver and releasing her own CD's on her label, DitY Records (Do It Yourself!) for the past five years. I think Kelly is on her way to being discovered outside of western Canada, and soon she'll be there with the stars, doing her thing.

Many of my friends in the Baja that own clubs and bars were all excited to hear that there might, just might, be the possibility of having Kelly Brock venture down south to spread some of her incredibly inspiring down to earth musical talent in the Baja California this year.

I heard she had to cancel her trip to Mexico from reading her web site journal, and I was saddened to learn her mom was battling cancer when I watched one of her music videos. Her Mexico trip might just happen later this year I hear. I'm hoping to connect with her in Vancouver soon if our schedules permit. Of course if we do connect, she'll ask me all about the beautiful Baja and all the wonderful people I have met on my journey's since December 2000 when I left Vancouver to tour Mexico and the Baja. She's so grounded and down to earth.

Of course she is my friend, so I thought I would spread the word to Nomads and all my many other friends and connections on the many web sites that I frequent. It's the promoter in me coming out again.

Within the next few years she'll be right along side Alanis Morrisett, Sara McLaughlin and the many other Canadian talents that spread their musical joy throughout Canada, the USA, and the rest of the world.

And woo dash boys, when you get to her web site to see her music videos, keep in mind that she's supposedly getting married, or maybe she already is? Too bad for all the Baja boys. My buddy Carlos will be crushed.

My connection to Kelly?
Kelly came to see me back in 1993 and I was so inspired by her down to earth nature and musical talent, that I decided to help finance her first music CD. But I asked her to give me a business plan first and she did. Most people quit when the going gets tough but not Kelly. She's like the Eveready Bunny.

She asked how she was going to pay me back if she didn't make it, and I said, "You'll make it Kelly, if you dream big and give it your best. And what do I want from you Kelly? When you make it to where you want to be in your musical career, make sure you invest in 2 other talents that inspire you, and have them do the same, and so on, and so on."

She replied, "Wow, that's it. How did you think of that?"

I said, "A talented man named Jack Grushchow from Vancouver, that sold his software company to Microsoft helped me with a investment in my little software company, and I'm fulfilling the same promise that he asked of me."

My sister has told me there is a great movie called 'Pay it Forward' and maybe the concept has been around forever, who knows. I'll have to watch that 'Pay it Forward' movie later this week.

I hope you check it out and spread the word about 'IF I WAS PRESIDENT' by Kelly Brock available for listening at http://www.kellybrock.com

RandyMac :biggrin: :biggrin:

[Edited on 1-14-2005 by RandyMac]

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 06:01 AM

Kelly Brock
Dirty Dishes

SOLO FEMALE ARTIST
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/brock

Vancouver singer/song-writer, Kelly Brock has been singing in clubs around Vancouver as well as releasing her own CD's on her label, DitY Records(Do It Yourself!) for the past five years. The new CD, Dirty Dishes consists of a variety of subjects including love, sex, escapism and forgiveness. The vocals are raw yet inviting while the production of the CD consists of many layers of acoustic based instruments such as slide dobro, fiddle, cello and twelve-string guitar mixed in with some groove-oriented, organic-sounding loops.

Brock's latest was co-produced with Kris Joss, mixed by Shawn Pierce and mastered by Tod Simko. The album consists of some notable song-writers and co-writers including Mike Daly(Whiskeytown/Ryan Adams), Tom Taylor(She Stole My Beer) and Greg Potter(Lost Durangos).

Brock's last CD release, So Close, garnered impressive sales, along with many accolades including two nominations for the West Coast Music Awards and a Best Female Artist nomination for the 2002 Georgia Straight Reader's Choice Awards.

As a Canadian Independent Artist, Kelly has accomplished many things, including having various tracks from her last two CD's included in television shows like Dawson's Creek, Higher Ground and the VH1 movie, Out Of Synch. MuchMoreMusic has also been very supportive by play-listing her last two videos, A Lot Of Little Things and Desperate Measures.

Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 09:15 AM

Diana Krall has made it easy for me to believe Canadian singers possess lots of talent. Looks like Kelly Brock is well on her way.
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 01:18 PM
Time to get one of those IPOD Shuffle's and load it with

Kelly's CD and the many other Canadian West Coast INDIE artists tunes. But I want to touch and feel one first.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikon
Diana Krall has made it easy for me to believe Canadian singers possess lots of talent. Looks like Kelly Brock is well on her way.

I know firsthand that many of Canada's west coast music talents take time to visit the Baja to unwind a bit, write songs in all the beauty that Baja has to offer, as it is only 4 1/2 hours away from Vancouver by air.

Many of my long-time friends that I don't get to see that often since leaving Vancouver in September of 2000 are some of Vancouver's and western Canada's finest award-winning INDIE music artists.

Over the past 15 years, I've had the pleasure of taking time out to visit Baja by air, on the quick 4 1/2 flight to Cabo. As I walked down the street in places like Cabo, Todos, or Mulege, who do I see. One of those many talents, sitting at a taco stand, or buying their groceries for a remote camp writing session at one of Baja's many beautiful secluded beaches.

Another such talent is my friend Tad (Toader) Campbell, (IDLE EYES) who is well known in southern Baja area. Tad was the adventurer who first introduced me to the beautiful Baja many years ago. Oh the memories of our escapades in Baja.

Had a chance to visit Tad in Vancouver recently, when I was getting my passport renewed. Tad's working away on his new stuff. Wow, can he ever play the piano and sing inspiring tunes from the heart. More on what he's up to when the time is right.

Thanks for the post Nikon. It only takes one person at a time to get the word out about these INDIE talents. Just like the clairol commercial.

Take care, more packing to do. And then off to New York for two days, then Switzerland.

Oh, the cold... cold weather. Wish I was in Baja.

RandyMac

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.