BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: DavidK need your mapping help. Camping at Alejandros, just north of Rosalillita
DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2015 at 02:11 PM
DavidK need your mapping help. Camping at Alejandros, just north of Rosalillita

Anyone been to that camp spot just North of Rosaliaita. I thinks its Alejandros?

David K trying to find out on a map how far North of Rosalillaita it is. Camp spot for surfers, although we will be running up and down the beaches in our Polaris'

Any comments or concerns?
Is there a full time resident there?
I think guys that surf stay there

Thanks in advance
Alan from San Diego

[Edited on 8-11-2015 by DawnPatrol]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-9-2015 at 02:31 PM

I don't know much about the area around Santa Rosalita, but Campo Renee is probably a couple hundred miles south of there. It is near Punta Abreojos.

Nice camp if you get that far south!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2015 at 02:46 PM

AK is correct. You thinking Alejandro's?

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 8-9-2015 at 02:46 PM

Very nice camp!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2015 at 06:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
Very nice camp!

It must be Alejandros
Anyone ever stay there? I am thinking security per se
We would be leaving the Polaris to go up and down the beaches
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-9-2015 at 07:57 PM

I have been there several times and know some of the locals and the owners there...very nice folks. Depending on the time of year...and surf...it can get real full or be empty but as far as I know it is a pretty safe camp.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2015 at 08:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
I have been there several times and know some of the locals and the owners there...very nice folks. Depending on the time of year...and surf...it can get real full or be empty but as far as I know it is a pretty safe camp.

Thanks Sheri that really helps!
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2015 at 08:54 PM

Hola,

is the spot north of santa rosalillita where the surf fishing produces big yellowfin croaker and corbina ?

i would like to make that stop just to fish and camp...and drink beer and socialize.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2015 at 05:53 PM

Bump... for DavidK
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-10-2015 at 05:58 PM

Oh hello!! I didn't see this until just now (6 pm PDT Mon)!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2015 at 06:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Just edited my post because I was initially wrong on the name of the camp spot. Shari gave me the name
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-10-2015 at 06:35 PM

it 4 miles or so. it turns into a ghetto during the surf season at times. the number of humans using two outhouses is astounding but, being the first spot off the road, it is what it is. if people are there your stuff will be safe. if its empty you're on your own.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2015 at 10:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DawnPatrol  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Just edited my post because I was initially wrong on the name of the camp spot. Shari gave me the name

OK, sorry but I was making dinner tonight, then it was time to be with my bride...

OK, I see Woody already mentioned it is just a few miles north of Santa Rosalillita... and when I drove down the Seven Sisters Coast Road in 2007, I saw the signed turnoff to it.

Here is the overall area, with a red arrow pointing the location:

Here it is pointed out on the National Geographic Baja Norte Map:

Here is the area pointed out on the 2003 Baja Almanac folding map. Note that San Andres is the historic name for this area. I believe Alejandros is there by Puerto San Andres, or very close to there:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 8-10-2015 at 10:49 PM

This time of year there are very few people around. I spent 5 days just south of there and saw 3 cars the entire time. If you go out there go the The Wall" and see the arch thing.

I do hate map post. They are all on a AAA maps or The Almanac. But if not for maps what would he post. We should all do our own planing. The fishing can be good however.

Yes DK, I know he asked and you're helping, no reason to defend yourself. We all need a place to shine and this is yours. Have a nice day!

[Edited on 8-11-2015 by MMc]

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2015 at 11:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
This time of year there are very few people around. I spent 5 days just south of there and saw 3 cars the entire time. If you go out there go the The Wall" and see the arch thing.

I do hate map post. They are all on a AAA maps or The Almanac. But if not for maps what would he post. We should all do our own planing. The fishing can be good however.

Yes DK, I know he asked and you're helping, no reason to defend yourself. We all need a place to shine and this is yours. Have a nice day!

[Edited on 8-11-2015 by MMc]

Map posting is just one part of how I can help or share.

You miss my trip reports and history posts...? Many that are not about providing maps. A lot of people are visual, and printed words do not always fulfill their need.

Maps are not your enemy... the new, good roads are! The Seven Sisters coast road has been on maps since the late 1950s... and it was bad roads that kept the mobs away the 55+ years since. Paved and graded roads are your enemy, not books and maps.

BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2015 at 06:26 AM

Super easy to find. Just drive on the paved road from the 1. There is a giant graded road to the North right before you hit town. Take that and it has signs. Should be fairly empty this time of year.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2015 at 08:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BooJumMan  
Super easy to find. Just drive on the paved road from the 1. There is a giant graded road to the North right before you hit town. Take that and it has signs. Should be fairly empty this time of year.

Yup,
Here is my road log from 2007 on the section of graded road north of the Santa Rosalillita highway (log from north to south):

0.0 (0.0) Beach road (Punta Lobos/ Valle los Ojitos)

6.8 (6.8) Road west to El Marron fish camp (near Punta Prieta/ Punta Negra). Road (or dirt highway here) heads away from the coast around the Sierra San Andres.

17.0 (10.2) Cross Arroyo San Andres

17.2 (0.2) Road west signed to '3 Alejandras' (Puerto San Andres).

21.1 (3.9) Come to PAVED Santa Rosalillita highway, turn right for the coast. (Hwy. 1 is about 8 miles to the left)

22.1 (1.0) FORK, Escalera Nautica Harbor is 1.2 miles to right. Straight ahead goes to:

22.5 (0.4) Santa Rosalillita village on the beach. Gas and supplies available.

Reset trip odometer to 0.0 for the final section of this coastal road log to Hwy. 1 via Punta Rosarito.

========================================

The full log is here: http://vivabaja.com/707/page3.html

DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2015 at 01:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  
For fear of upsetting the anti-map gods, here's a map I whipped up to Santa Rosalillita and San Andreas on Google Maps. If you'd like a GPS file of the route, please U2U me.

You guys are great thanks for all!
Alan
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2015 at 04:17 PM

DK,it is obvious you are a tough act to follow in terms of helping both new and old nomads navigate Baja on this forum. It is a shame others who lack your knowledge and experience in Baja and willingness to help, resent this to the point of simply ignoring your information and moving on without posting cutting remarks. Your maps are very helpful, and those who would prefer to wander aimlessly and "discover" interesting spots on their own certainly have that option by simply ignoring the post.
Keep up the good work, it is appreciated.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2015 at 04:46 PM

I appreciate your reply LancairDriver, thank you!

I have been addicted to Baja since I was a kid in the'60's.
My parents were wonderful in supporting my addiction (they loved Baja too) and encouraged and supported my desire to explore and write about Baja before I was an adult.

My dad got me started with meeting Baja authors and collecting books. My first autograph was from Ray Cannon in the 'Sea of Cortez' (1967) and around that time, I met Howard Gulick and he signed his 'Lower California Guidebook' for me.

I saw the value in books and related to these authors in wanting to share what they saw down in the peninsula. My first guide was of the new Baja highway and its route before it was completed... I was 15, and we had just returned from a trip to Loreto in July, 1973. I self published my road logs and maps, and it was a local hit here in San Diego... got featured on a TV show and newspaper even!

Baja Nomad is simply the newest way to transfer Baja travel information, and it is instant... no printing, distribution, and it is free!

Don't want to read about what is happening in Baja? Then don't read the web pages. Simple! It is an information age, and my travel posts or maps can never replace going there in person... No possible way I can show all that there is in a few (or many) photos or words. If it sounds interesting to you, then go and see for yourself. You will see and experience a lot more than I did or can relate with a post here.

I know someday, there will be a final Baja trip for me... I hope not for a long time, but when I can't go back to Baja, I will have my photos and maps to enjoy for years to come. If I am lucky, or the economy finally recovers for us in time, then I would like to live my last years in Baja and have our children and grandchildren visit as much as possible.

Those Nomads who no longer go to Baja or can't get there as soon as they want, can enjoy the posts on BajaNomad.com or VivaBaja.com as long as Doug's and my web sites are still online!

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.