BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: Join Me on a TOUR to the Missions and More: New date in April, 2016
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 10:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Archie  
I guess you didnt know, but one thing are the permits for baja tours to operate, and a different thing is the permit for you to work as a certified tour guide.
Thats assuming you are certified as a tourist guide, but that alone does not grant a work permit in Mexico

Otherwise you are breaking at least 4 municipal laws (Rosarito, Ensenada, Mulege and Loreto) two state (BC and BCS) and quite a few federal laws.

I brought this up earlier and he blew it off. It is the responsibility of the individual to have a work permit... It is the responsibility of the company to ensure that happens. Tour guides require a special permit. The fines (deportation not withstanding) are substantial. Even if you leave from the US, the question is are you working while in Mexico. I guess if you fly under the radar you might get away with it. Then again, Mexican officials quiet regularly check the internet for info.

Not our problem Archie, but good you brought it up again.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 11:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Is it just me you are concerned about because I didn't see this reaction when Graham talked about his whale watching trips?

Don't worry yourself, David. Just keep doing what you do.

[Edited on 9-27-2015 by Ken Cooke]

Archie
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 02:48 PM

I am happy to have whatever is required to ride in a van and talk about my Baja travels and my Baja mission research. There is no Mexican citizen (or American) that can do that, so I am not depriving anyone of an income and because of this I will be bringing thousands of dollars to Baja people.

This is a screen capture of the list with the certified guides from BCS, they are certified as naturalist, general and heritage and history guides. Thats their the credentials, and believe me, it takes more than a couple of trips to baja to get one.

The complete list is here:

http://www.sitcabo.com/guias-certificados

There is a Directory of certified local tourist guides for every state of Mexico and specialized tourist guides for specific activities updated to 2015:

http://www.sectur.gob.mx/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/BASE-GUI...

They all have to complete a protocol not just on knowledge of the subject or experiences, its based on two federal norms. In case you wonder what that means, here you go:

http://www.sectur.gob.mx/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/NOM-08-T...

http://www.sectur.gob.mx/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/NOM-09-T...

Here you have the specific requirements to be a certified guide

Ignorance of the law excuses not.

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 03:10 PM

So if you want to question someone's credentials do you go to SECTUR (secretary of Tourism)? Like verification of a quide for cave paintings in Sierra San Francisco. or on these ECO-Tour vans etc.

Immigration would have authority in the case we have here to deport the offender. I wonder what authority SETUR has?

[Edited on 9-27-2015 by norte]
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 03:41 PM

Look on the bright side David, looks like you have a new member in your fan club.

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 03:57 PM

Sounds like an anchor "cry" baby

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 04:16 PM

Uses the word "my" a lot....

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 04:39 PM

Sounds like the rantings of a typical jealous, hate consumed progressive who just took a break from peering over the fence into his neighbors back yard to see if that wandering Racoon might be an illegal pet and worthy of calling in the wrath of the proper authority's to preferably show up with the SWAT team. Some people have difficulty minding their own business.
Hopefully DK will not waste time explaining anything to these trolls and proceed with the tour. Enjoy the tour and Baja as I'm sure you will David.

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Quote: Originally posted by Archie  
I guess you didnt know, but one thing are the permits for baja tours to operate, and a different thing is the permit for you to work as a certified tour guide.
Thats assuming you are certified as a tourist guide, but that alone does not grant a work permit in Mexico

Otherwise you are breaking at least 4 municipal laws (Rosarito, Ensenada, Mulege and Loreto) two state (BC and BCS) and quite a few federal laws.

I brought this up earlier and he blew it off. It is the responsibility of the individual to have a work permit... It is the responsibility of the company to ensure that happens. Tour guides require a special permit. The fines (deportation not withstanding) are substantial. Even if you leave from the US, the question is are you working while in Mexico. I guess if you fly under the radar you might get away with it. Then again, Mexican officials quiet regularly check the internet for info.

Not our problem Archie, but good you brought it up again.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 05:45 PM

David did a great job explaining information related to the Pole Line Road and the Lost Diaz Grave on my April 2015 Baja Pole Line Run.

(John M, TW, and David K - left to rt)

David has great navigational skills, he has Baja history memorized, and I'm sure his tour will benefit from the expertise he will bring to the table.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 07:24 PM

Thank you Ken... You know me well, and even though we are of different political preferences, that has never interfered with our close friendship or desire to camp together in Baja!

It has to be how I voice (or type in this case) my data that is heard (read) differently by some... and almost always people who have never met me in person.

I am truly sorry that I come across as an irritant to some folks, and always (it seems) to those with extreme, pro-big government beliefs(?). Unlike some here, I am not trying to be negative, only helpful or 'extra detailed', which has always been my nature.

Can folks ever just say I am wrong if they think so, without the nasty name-calling or insults? As far as this trip is concerned... it still isn't a green light, we have 2 to 5 more seats available to make it a go. If we can't do it this year, then there is next, and more time for folks to plan. 10 days is a long time and some folks need more advance notice than Discover Baja had provided when deciding to do this tour.

No biggie! I am doing this because I love the history of Old California (which is Baja) and I love people who also enjoy the outdoors and Baja California. Those of you who never met me, and think you know me, you don't (apparently) because my motives are for the betterment of knowledge and helping bring more business to Baja California residents. Also, I was assured that the tour organizer has ALL the proper permits and that I needed nothing more than any other person doing the same thing. Believe me, I asked... I know how tough some of you are, if for no other reason than to find fault in anything I do!!! LOL!

You always knew what was required to work in Mexico. You just chose to define work in your own way. Now you know what the requirements are for a Tour Guide. Are you still sure all the permits are in order?
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 08:05 PM

Ask Graham, I am just doing what he has already done many times for the same company and when I called Graham to ask about them, he gave me gold star ratings for the highest standard of credibility.

That is good enough for me, I have known Graham for 25 years now.

I also was told tonight from another tour operator who contacted me that it is all good, as per the law in Mexico about American based tour companies.

I know you won't be happy until I am dead or gone from Nomad, so it is pointless to argue with you more Ralph. This is the classified ads section, not a discussion forum. If you sell something here, I will not spend post after post trying to ruin it for you.

#1 Quit whining. I asked nicely what was a simple question.

#2 If you get in trouble, no one ruined it but yourself.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 08:35 PM

Dk, in this case I think your critics are wrong. That said, you do bring it on yourself.. If you would quit bellowing your politics, and quit attacking liberals, you might not generate such animosity. Just saying.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 08:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Dk, in this case I think your critics are wrong. That said, you do bring it on yourself.. If you would quit bellowing your politics, and quit attacking liberals, you might not generate such animosity. Just saying.
Dam look who is talking,your kidding of course.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 08:47 PM

David-
Who gives a shat what your detractors say? To each his own. There are many "legal" experts on all things Mexico here. Ha ha ha. Do what you are going to do and don't look back. Enjoy your trip.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 08:49 PM

This reminds me of all of the negative posts related to when anyone tries selling a house in Baja. None of the negative posters have the means or the intent to do anything other than complain.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 08:52 PM

This is so true.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 08:55 PM

Why would you even care if he's sure his permits are in order? You obviously would love to derail DK's tour for whatever sick reason. What makes you think he should even give you the time of day, let alone explain his permit status to you? Now go ahead and try to notify the the proper Mexican authorities if you haven't already and see where it goes.:?::?:

You always knew what was required to work in Mexico. You just chose to define work in your own way. Now you know what the requirements are for a Tour Guide. Are you still sure all the permits are in order?
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 09:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Why would you even care if he's sure his permits are in order? You obviously would love to derail DK's tour for whatever sick reason. What makes you think he should even give you the time of day, let alone explain his permit status to you? Now go ahead and try to notify the the proper Mexican authorities if you haven't already and see where it goes.:?::?:

rts551 what is it your bussiness,or are just sick in the head.David is one great guy,keep your useless thinking to yourself.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 09:06 PM

I for one am all in favor of DK's trip. It'll give BN a week's vacation too. I just feel sorry for all the people in the van; I had to listen to him rattle for just a few hours, but I had the opportunity to LEAVE.

Have fun, Davey. You know more than anyone, and you know it, too.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 09:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

Time to rally the Hens in the chicken coup. Are you David"s caretaker? if so,[img][/img]

you should be asking him the questions. Oh, and I have no interest in turning him in. He can get into trouble easily enough on his own.

[Edited on 9-28-2015 by rts551]
 Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.