Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Romero's Tamale Inn, in Rosarito
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2015 at 04:20 PM
Romero's Tamale Inn, in Rosarito

My first time here was a week ago. I'd heard they serve biscuits & gravy.

Indeed they do, friggin' good ones. I looked forward to return.

From the specials board this time, I picked buttermilk pancakes with eggs potatoes and bacon.

This quintessential breakfast was smashing! Pancakes were absolutely delicious along with maple syrup and crisscrossed with a brittle rasher of crispy bacon, honey cured. Breakfast potatoes (or skillet as you prefer) browned on one side and fine. Eggs over easy, the yolk runny and the chef had total control of the white being perfectly set. The whole plated on a handsome large oval antique green platter.

Being seated at street scene level, to my left, an open garden window box with a showy white bougainvillea in a planter box. Square wooden red tables with multicolored comfortable wood chairs.

Examples also listed on the specials sign this day include rib eye steak, eggs, potatoes, biscuits & gravy, $9.99 and eggs benedict with potatoes, $6.99. That's what I'm having next week.

Menu is half Mexican dishes, like Huevos Rancheros with sauce of stewed tomatoes, diced green chilies, sautéed onion, fresh garlic, bay leaves, salt & pepper . . . and a dollop of sour cream.

With more than 150 restaurants in Rosarito, this one is up there on my list. Serve breakfast & lunch, 7 AM- 3. I'll try a hot pastrami sandwich rather than fish tacos some lunch.

Exit southbound at the Rosarito Beach Hotel. Turn right on the main street in front of the hotel. A few blocks ahead, watch for it on your left.

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2015 at 06:33 PM

Get them to open a satellite breakfast club for Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec. in Lopez.

Give them a lot to put it on.
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2015 at 09:26 PM

Buen idea!

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.