BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  18
Author: Subject: UPDATED: Saltwater intrusion on east coast (link)
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 8-29-2015 at 11:48 AM

Ahhhhquifers are in trouble in the developed world according to NASA, interesting that those most effected here in the USA are also the biggest deniers.....

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-29-2015 at 11:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

That is the point of my posts, to counter those who would take away your freedoms over a hoax that serves only to gain them power and line their pockets. Resist Big Government!

[Edited on 8-27-2015 by David K]

If enough people believe the things written here, there is no hope for the future, and the kids in it.

Personally, I want to believe that the world is in a better place and has a brighter future. But I look around and think that that is not happening and things are going to get a whole lot worse before they get better.

When David writes ''Resist Big Government,'' I think he's writing ''Vote Republican!''

Isn't that correct David? Or am I wrong?

Not always... vote conservative and libertarian more than Republican. Preserve the republic and obey the constitution, things the president swears an oath to uphold, but somehow ignores. America is a great nation but is at risk when those in control do not maintain the laws as given to us from the founders.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-29-2015 at 11:57 AM

#17 is the one which supplies our water here. AND most of the water for Colorado golf courses and subdivisions. The statement quoted earlier from the head of Denver water is intentionally misleading. He references COLORADO RIVER water, not eastern plains Ogallala aquifer water. Going fast! Get them subdivisions built!!!!!

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2015 at 12:48 PM

The aquifers are an example of Man Made Climate change. We have drained them and not allowed them to replenish. It has served our short term needs but is not sustainable and we will suffer the effects of that. We are not as small on this planet as claimed. Whether we can maintain the current population of humans in light of this is questionable. It is what it is and those who work for change in action and attitudes get my personal commendation. This is the view of our population density across the globe....you might live in one of those areas that are not densely populated but that is no longer true of the globe.....current human count is approximately 7.25 Billion.

Edit: don't forget to overlay the depleted aquifers with those denser population centers.....

[Edited on 8-29-2015 by Sweetwater]

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-29-2015 at 01:29 PM

http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/centralvalley/

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

[Edited on 8-29-2015 by wessongroup]
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2015 at 06:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
#17 is the one which supplies our water here. AND most of the water for Colorado golf courses and subdivisions. The statement quoted earlier from the head of Denver water is intentionally misleading. He references COLORADO RIVER water, not eastern plains Ogallala aquifer water. Going fast! Get them subdivisions built!!!!!

You clearly do NOT have your facts straight. Look at the map again, put on your glasses this time, and check out any map from USGS. Colorado has a fraction of the Ogallala aquifer -- Colorado has a total of 4 aquifers BIGGER than the Ogallala, and besides, 8 other states draw from the Ogallala. The State of Nebraska sits on top of the Ogallala.

What's the public want: GMO corn or golf courses and subdivisions? The answer is obvious. Forgot to mention the world's BEST cannabis. Our farmers are rolling in cash.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2015 at 06:50 PM

I knew that.....I am sure you are right, as long as the dopers are happy, why would the rest of us care....Klearly you are from Kalifornia.....Dude....

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-29-2015 at 10:03 PM

I heard an ominous quote on this topic from a sportscaster tonight while watching a football game.... he said,

"I'm obviously the smartest man in the world, because I'm the only one on earth with this opinion, AND I KNOW I'M RIGHT."

Remind you of anyone on the board? ....besides ME.... :cool:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2015 at 06:16 AM

ME! ME!

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 8-30-2015 at 07:51 AM

Maybe in 25 years edible shoes will be in vogue. :bounce:

[/rquote]

Now that's funny.
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 8-30-2015 at 07:59 AM

From the LA times this morning:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-arctic-obama-20150830-st...

"This is climate change: Alaskan villagers struggle as island is chewed up by the sea. This is what climate change looks like, up close and personal.

In this town of 403 residents 83 miles above the Arctic Circle, beaches are disappearing, ice is melting, temperatures are rising, and the barrier reef Kivalina calls home gets smaller and smaller with every storm.

There is no space left to build homes for the living. The dead are now flown to the mainland so the ocean won't encroach upon their graves. Most here agree that the town should be relocated; where, when and who will pay for it are the big questions. The Army Corps of Engineers figures Kivalina will be underwater in the next decade or so.

Because the town's days on the edge of the Chukchi Sea are numbered, no money has been invested to improve residents' lives. Eighty percent of the homes do not have toilets. Most rely on homemade honey buckets — a receptacle lined with a garbage bag topped by a toilet seat..."

And more of the article in the link.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2015 at 08:36 AM

Natural erosion of coastlines is normal... cliffs fall into the sea and sand moves. Of course, climate change is normal too... The article makes it sound like something is different now, that storms never ate away at the barrier reef before this year? It's as if they think things don't change for 30 years, means they should never change???

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2015 at 08:46 AM

Now theres a 180.....First you say nothings changing, and now you are saying they must? Maybe if you get someone to read you that article
S L O W LY it would be more clear...NAH wouldn't help....

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2015 at 09:08 AM

You see chuckie, you think you know how I think, but if you really read my posts, I ALWAYS say change is normal. Most of the time we are not alive long enough to see many changes.

The sea level has NOT changed in my lifetime enough to be noticed or enough to affect anyone's life along the coast. Erosion yes, level of the sea, no.

Notice the palm trees... in 1949:

in 1952:

and again in 1953:

Same Palms about 20 years later (1971 book):

From my camera in 2012, 63 years from the first photo... still just above sea level:

I am all for real science. But when facts are twisted solely to gain control over people I think we all should be against that form of control, don't you?

[Edited on 9-19-2015 by David K]

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2015 at 09:25 AM

In the news, EPA Climate change expert sentenced to 32 months for fraud, says lying was a 'rush'

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/climate-change-expert-sent...
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2015 at 09:30 AM

I don't think I have seen those pics before could you post em yet again??? And maybe some tire tracks to spice it up a little?

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2015 at 09:33 AM

I am all for real science. But when facts are twisted solely to gain control over people I think we all should be against that form of control, don't you?

Ah, more ''education'' and ''enlightenment'' from David.

You keep trotting out the same tired photos showing the palm trees 20 years ago --as proof you are right. While nomads post scientific evidence from the international community, you believe your opinion is equal to their facts.

If you were truly interested in ''real science,'' you would stop promoting the Republican party line.

Tell me again: ''facts are twisted solely to gain control over people'' is an original thought. Seems like I keep hearing the clown GOP candidates spewing this garbage.

Come on David. Get off your political high horse. Your comments are laughable and lessens your credibility.

Better stick with maps, guy. Leave the politics for OT.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2015 at 09:33 AM

Just a thought this morning.... we are at 8K elevation about 50 miles east of the continental divide... so our grandkids will inherit some nice close to waterfront property.... NICE......
would really help with the fire fighting effort in CA though...
also might displace some of the liberal hollywood folks to their Aspen properties ... I guess they are smarter than I gave them credit for..

Couldn't help myself this morning...

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2015 at 09:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Ah, more ''education'' and ''enlightenment'' from David.

You keep trotting out the same tired photos showing the palm trees 20 years ago --as proof you are right. While nomads post scientific evidence from the international community, you believe your opinion is equal to their facts.

If you were truly interested in ''real science,'' you would stop promoting the Republican party line.

Tell me again: ''facts are twisted solely to gain control over people'' is an original thought. Seems like I keep hearing the clown GOP candidates spewing this garbage.

Come on David. Get off your political high horse. Your comments are laughable and lessens your credibility.

Better stick with maps, guy. Leave the politics for OT.

I don't think DK has any credibility to lose. I notice that he conveniently disregards the facts that are posted and continuously promotes his ignorance. He has no sources of alternative arguements other than his personal and political beliefs. You can read below about beliefs, they do not change reality. We as humans have made a huge global impact due to our actions and populations. We need to alter our behaviours to make progress in the future. Dinosaurs are extinct.

[Edited on 8-30-2015 by Sweetwater]

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2015 at 10:40 AM

Interesting observing the one sided juvenile playground mocking and name calling displayed in attempting to present personal opinions and mock opinions of others by the same old players. Mentality and credibility is on a par with the climate change "expert" cited in this article minus the 32 months for fraud.

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
In the news, EPA Climate change expert sentenced to 32 months for fraud, says lying was a 'rush'

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/climate-change-expert-sent...
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  18

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.