Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Huevos grandes
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2003 at 01:30 PM
Huevos grandes

This weekend I visited my cousin and his 12 year old daughter and friend who were camping south of Rauls restaurant. He has been going there for years as it is a good longboard break.
We were standing about 20 ft. in front of his motorhome watching the girls catch a couple pretty good waves. When the girls were done surfing, they headed back to the motorhome and were cleaning off outside.
Mi Primo asks "OK, which one of you went in the motorhome with wet feet?"
"Not me" were both of there replies.
Upon further inspection we see it is a large footprint. And upon further inspection Primo sees that his CD Player, top quality sunglasses and cell phone are all missing.
Someone had come up the bluff from the beach, with us 20' away, as well as some others camping nearby, and gone into the motorhome with us right there. Primos dog unfortunately was with us watching the girls. But we were only 20' away.
This is somewhat of a warning as to what can happen anywhere. Some of these thieves are quite good at what they do so we need to take precautions at all times.
If we are lucky in our lives, we catch them sometimes, they are then held responsible for anything ever stolen from us.
That is why they have White Sharks !
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 02:58 PM

Yep, happened to us, too. We took some people down to the fish village at Popotla, we parked on the street, and these guys broke into the truck, trashed out the whole front trying to start it. Get this, they were caught redhanded, but since it was a crime in progress, the truck had to be towed to the Rosarito Police Station, from there to the impound yard.

I have to hand it to the Rosarito policia, they nailed the guys, but we had to stay up until 3:00 in the morning waiting for them to be booked at the DA's, which is open all night. They were super nice to us, "Charlie" even gave us a ride home. At the last minute, I broke down, crying, well, maybe these guys can be sent to a rehabilitation group? The Police assured me they would get plenty of rehabilitation in jail.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 06:04 PM

Unfortunatelly this is quite common in Baja, i always say, asume all places have thieves waiting for you to leave your car alone for 1 minute, and prepare accordingly, even us Mexican surfers get ripped off if we fail to prevent.

I hope those sunglasses wherent too expensive.;)

Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 06:44 PM

Yes, that's right. I remember my vehicle being broke into at Blacks. I think wherever you are, you need to keep it locked up .

Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 5-1-2004 at 08:29 AM

That's why I always camp a loooong way off the beaten path, miles from the asphalt, in an area needing a high clearance truck. Generally the only people you see, if any at all, are very nice. Theives want an easy target near a paved road. Luckily there are still many beaches that fit this requirement.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.