Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: For Sale or Trade -- 1979 El Dorado 18' RV
bajasusan/a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2015 at 08:47 PM
For Sale or Trade -- 1979 El Dorado 18' RV

Had my Ford-tough camper for two years,love driving it and living in it, time to settle down and get an old beater car to match a new binational lifestyle in Tijuana. 135k miles and still going strong (likes 75 just fine, but that cuts the gas from 11 or 12 to 7 or 8 mpg). Outside is butt ugly, most of which is my fault, but young Mexican men seem to find it cool for that. Inside is a tiny dream home, in my opinion. It's pretty, there's room for everything a girl/boy needs, a 2-burner propane stove I have cooked meals for 4 on, along with an electric fridge i bought that has a freezer fitting two ice cube trays and a pound of butter! The bed is a metal church folding table (plenty of storage underneath) with a single mattress on top. When I am stationary long enuff, I use the cab as a sitting area/den space.
The 100% non-negotiable price is what I paid, $3000. I've got the original manuals, as well as receipts for various stuff. Right now, I am in Asuncion but could meet someone elsewhere if the timing were right. Send me a U2U with your email address and I will send as many fotos as you like. Or call me at 661-527-9826 or email me at bajasusana@gmail.com

[Edited on 9-22-2015 by bajasusan/a]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-21-2015 at 09:09 PM

Where is it registered, and is it current? Any chance of posting a photo?

I have a similar old rig in Northern CA that I wish was in Baja, but I am reluctant to drive it very far at it's age.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajasusan/a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2015 at 11:26 AM

it is currently on pno (planned nonoperation) status in CA USA, which expired on 20 sept. i have the neweal form -- it's $140 including the late fee -- but there's no reason it couldn't be registered as active up there.
i am just hopeless at posting fotos on here (and PLEASE dont anyone tell me again how simple it is -- we can all agree i am ignorant), which i why i asked folks to send me an email at bajasusana@gmail.com so i can reply with buncha fotos.
thanks.
4Cata
Nomad

Mood: Siempre alegre!

[*] posted on 9-22-2015 at 12:40 PM

Susan, I'm with you on how difficult it is to post fotos. Not even going to try again. I do appreciate those who have mastered this. We have some excellent ones on here. Good luck selling your rig.

Agaveros, silk in a bottle, a beautiful bottle!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2015 at 12:50 PM

you might also try

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBajaClassifieds/
and
http://bajasur.en.craigslist.com.mx/
bajasusan/a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2015 at 12:57 PM

THANKS, FOLKS! youre the best, as usual, with the help. now who wants to take me and my few possessions to tijuana with them? jajajajajaja -- separate post.
bajasusan/a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2015 at 02:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
you might also try

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBajaClassifieds/
and
http://bajasur.en.craigslist.com.mx/

I AM SO EXCITED if i did this right:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.761921770583180&a...
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-22-2015 at 03:28 PM

Good work getting the photos posted Susan. I also have not made it through the seven step program, known as photo bucket. I don't do face book either, but since you figured it out, I am inspired!

I actually think your rig would work out better for me than the one I have stored in Northern CA, but mine already has a permanent AK registration, with no CA smog, back fees, etc., so I think I will stick with my known/unknown Dodge rig.

Good luck with the sale.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.