Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Four Wheel Pop-Up Grandby for sale
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2015 at 06:37 PM
Four Wheel Pop-Up Grandby for sale

https://slo.craigslist.org/rvs/5231448122.html

We are selling our 2005 Four Wheel Pop-Up camper, Grandby model.
Please see the link provided above for details. It's a beautiful camper.

P>*)))>{

[Edited on 25-9-2015 by Paulina]

[Edited on 25-9-2015 by Paulina]

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 9-24-2015 at 07:11 PM

Good luck with sale! Great design and good quality campers.

Pro: agreed- those are very nice models.

Con: they are the largest and heaviest of the 4wheel line. ( I viewed a few in San Diego and had to pass on my baby 1/2 ton truck)

Good option for those w/full size trucks.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2015 at 08:38 PM

I don't get it. NADA says value should be around 5000 for a 2005.

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/Truck-Campers
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2015 at 09:11 PM

Whale-Ista,
The Grandby is the largest model, rated for a full sized truck. We have a Ford F-350 diesel. I wouldn't consider the model a "con" as it is what it's rated for.

Norte,
You might want to do a little more research.
You would be getting quite the bargain to pick up a Grandby like ours with the additions and upgrades for $5k. Four Wheel Pop-Ups hold their value.

P>*)))>{

hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2015 at 09:33 PM

4 Wheels hold their value Big Time! Everybody wants one. Had mine new from the factory in 04 and sold it in 07 for only $200 less than I paid. It sold in 1 day (and in a remote area of Oly penn)We did some of the add ons ourselves, as it was a shell model. I think a Grandby bases nowadays for around 16K .Blue book doesn't mean a whole lot anymore.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2015 at 07:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paulina  

Norte,
You would be getting quite the bargain to pick up a Grandby like ours with the additions and upgrades for $5k. Four Wheel Pop-Ups hold their value.

P>*)))>{

That is why I posted the link to the NADA schedules of 4 wheel pop-ups. but you can try to sell it for any value you like.

http://www.fourwh.com/product/grandby-long-bed-popup-truck-c...

Hombre...yes, the seller usually tries to ignore Blu Book.

[Edited on 9-25-2015 by norte]
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2015 at 07:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

Norte,

P>*)))>{

That is why I posted the link to the NADA schedules of 4 wheel pop-ups. but you can try to sell it for any value you like.

Were you interested in buying that camper or just like to bash advertisers asking prices?

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2015 at 07:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

Norte,

P>*)))>{

Were you interested in buying that camper or just like to bash advertisers asking prices?

Not bashing or mean . Just interested in why the price difference and maybe the camper. Do you always butt-in when it is non of your business?
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2015 at 08:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

Norte,

P>*)))>{

Not bashing or mean . Just interested in why the price difference and maybe the camper. Do you always butt-in when it is non of your business?

If you were interested in NADA guides vs the selling price and genuinely interested, send the seller a message via craig's list rather than insinuating the seller is gouging on their price.

If you're not interested and just want to start a bashing war on NADA vs asking prices, it is none of YOUR business.

[Edited on 9-25-2015 by DaliDali]

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2015 at 08:46 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 9-25-2015 at 12:33 PM

The first four wheel I had I sold for $100 more than I paid ten years after I bought it
The second four wheel I had for seven years, it was an '01 Ranger model,sold it for TWICE what I paid..
my current four wheel camper is an '01 Hawk model(shorter than the Granby model and not outfitted near the standards as above sale item), I feel I could get $8,000 for it fairly easily..

Paulina you should have people banging your door down at $10k...$12k is a logical place to start IMO

Just some perspective from a true four wheel camper nut job :) (me!)

TT
hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2015 at 06:37 PM

Even my heavier SunLite poptop of 2 decades ago was a free ride, selling it for what I paid after 8 years of hard use. Creature comforts and offroading dont really mix...unless you have a poptop
brewer
Nomad

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 9-27-2015 at 10:32 AM

Had my Grandby for 8 years. Sold it for $200.00 more than I bought it for. It was a '94. That was after I ripped all the insides out and basically made it a shell. We never used the sink, stove, or icebox.

We loved our 4 wheel camper. We went back to Callen so we would be SENTRI approved.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2015 at 10:05 PM

Sold.
Thank you for the pro-4 Wheel Grandby back up.
We had two people that asked to be on stand by if the sale fell through. They really are good campers.

P>*)))>{

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2015 at 08:26 AM

I think they hold their value because their prices keep rising. The camper I bought from them eight years ago for $10000 is now selling for $14000.

Glad you sold yours so quickly. As I recall selling went faster than buying.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2015 at 08:37 AM

Free enterprise doesn't mean free anything.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 10-3-2015 at 10:10 AM

congratulations on sale.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2015 at 10:27 AM

I took delivery in January of this year, a 2015 Hawk model for a full sized 6.5 bed Ford F-150. And that was just very basic amenities.
Set me back over $16000.00, plus $500 delivery to Primm NV, from the factory just outside of Sacto, CA.....and $400 install charges.

The factory is backed up with orders.....with 8-10 weeks built times and can go longer during peak periods.
I looked for used prior to going with new but they are snapped up very fast....as the OP just realized with a successful sale.....and quickly.

They DO NOT negotiate the prices......they give you a price and you don't like it.....get in your truck and go down the road.
Why should they?....with high demand, they can get their price.
Same holds true to used units....just be patient and someone will give you your price.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-3-2015 at 10:59 AM

Very Nice!

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2015 at 09:53 PM

Congrats on the sale. We are still enjoying ours since 2001. Nice to know that when the day comes to part with it we will do OK. :dudette::saint:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.