BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: What is your emergency plan right now?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-30-2015 at 03:21 PM

Not if you die in Mexico

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
i don't understand the birth cert. if you have a passport or card that should prove your citizenship.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2015 at 03:24 PM

Not if you die in Mexico

i don't understand the birth cert. if you have a passport or card that should prove your citizenship.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2015 at 03:51 PM

Not if you die in Mexico

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2015 at 05:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Not if you die in Mexico

...yer can say that again :)

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-30-2015 at 05:25 PM

why would i need a birth cert to prove citizenship when it isn't required to enter the country? do they want to see a birth cert to give a death cert? that's stupid!

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 07:45 AM

Yes Woody but if someone dies and you have to deal with a Mexican Funeral Home then they want a birth certificate along with a marriage certificate and 2 witnesses with ID's. I signed a death certificate in Medio Camino last week and the funeral home came to the home to pick up the deceased and that is what the department of health in Mexico requires.

[Edited on 11-11-2015 by EnsenadaDr]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 07:50 AM

I have encouraged time and time again for all legal residents of Mexico to get Seguro Popular. The Mexican health system however will n not turn away a victim of trauma or catastrophic illness. I saw a person last week get stabilized with no ID and no insurance at Rosarito General Hospital but they had run into some snags so all of you legal residents of Mexico get Seguro Popular. Please search the threads here for more information I have written about this several times.
Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
While we are talking about this Dr. What is a good Medical Ins to get in Ensanada.For full timer.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 08:01 AM

Wow was looking for something that could prevent another Gary Patton tragedy from happening. Can you elaborate on how to sign up for this?
Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  
I have the global "come get me" insurance with my SPOT Tracker. Worse-case, I can hit the 911 button and wait for people to arrive.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 08:07 AM

Thank you all for your great responses. This might get the gears rolling in people's heads about making a plan for them. I want to add that the Funeral Homes in Mexico will translate your required American documents for a fee. I dealt with San Ramon Funeraria last week and it was a very professional experience. Please people get a local Mexican physician that will sign your death certificate otherwise the body can end up at the morgue for weeks. Thanks so much for the lists of medical contacts as well.
Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  
If you are traveling as a married couple, you might want to carry a certified copy of your marriage license in case one of you dies.

We never thought about it until this year when our friend died and his wife had to have the marriage license to claim the body.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 08:15 AM

http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=100

Over 3,500 rescues and counting

http://www.findmespot.com/en/spotemergency/

Quote: Originally posted by EnsenadaDr  
Wow was looking for something that could prevent another Gary Patton tragedy from happening. Can you elaborate on how to sign up for this?
I have the global "come get me" insurance with my SPOT Tracker. Worse-case, I can hit the 911 button and wait for people to arrive.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 08:26 AM

this should be a requirement for all travelers in Baja. Thank you BajaGuy.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 08:46 AM

why. That is silly. The tourist who goes to Cabo for a week should have to have this?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 08:50 AM

One will be issued when you get your FMM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

why. That is silly. The tourist who goes to Cabo for a week should have to have this?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 08:54 AM

really? Gary Patton was just doing a quick trip probably a week from Orange County, and he was alone.
Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 09:01 AM

Remember the guy from Bakersfield who hit his head while sliding down a rope swing in Cabo. I don't recall what they actually call it. Last year I think. His hospital bill for the hospital in Cabo was $50,000. His family and friends have been holding fund raisers to pay it off. He is doing much better last I heard.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 09:14 AM

I doubt anybody can provide evidence of spot organizing and leading a rescue in remote Mexico. Somebody please do a test, go to Catavina and press spot 911 and wait for Lassie to show up. Woof, woof!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 09:26 AM

If you look at the map and do an enlargement you will see they have documented "rescues" all over Baja

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I doubt anybody can provide evidence of spot organizing and leading a rescue in remote Mexico. Somebody please do a test, go to Catavina and press spot 911 and wait for Lassie to show up. Woof, woof!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 09:31 AM

If you look at the map and do an enlargement you will see they have documented "rescues" all over Baja

Dots on a map? Anybody can sprinkle dots on a map. How about a real story about spot leading the rescue in remote Baja? I noticed the dots are not clickable, if they were real you would think spot would allow you to click on a dot to read the story, eh?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 09:40 AM

Since you are so interested why don't you fire off a message to SPOT and find out. We all will be awaiting your reply

I myself believe them more than you

Dots on a map? Anybody can sprinkle dots on a map. How about a real story about spot leading the rescue in remote Baja? I noticed the dots are not clickable, if they were real you would think spot would allow you to click on a dot to read the story, eh?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 09:49 AM

Since you are so interested why don't you fire off a message to SPOT and find out. We all will be awaiting your reply

I myself believe them more than you

You are doing a poor job of selling spot! Spot does a poor job of selling spot. I believe it does work well in USA where it is easy to call the local police, coast guard, etc. but does spot even have a telenumber for the police in catavina? How does spot activate first responders in remote Baja? Won't the cops just wait until some relative shows up to provide gas money to travel to the locations?

Spot may be ok to alert your friends that you need help, and your friends can come rescue you,... Spot should not suggest there are SAR services in remote Baja that will be dispatched after spot 911 call
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.